December 6 - It's Friday. What does it mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

The Sims 4 vs The Sims Freeplay

2...Next

Comments

  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    The main reason I don't like Free Play is because it's strictly goal oriented. Also, it forces you to play in real time. I have a life to live. I don't have time to spend on my tablet day in and day out waiting to complete a quest.
    Then don't. But the reason I prefer Freeplay to games like Sims 4 is actually the same because Freeplay doesn't require you to play for at least one or two hours every time you start it up like TS4 does.

    I usually only play for 10 to 30 minutes every time I start Freeplay up. This can even be in the middle of the night lying in my bed if I can't sleep. But TS4 can't be played this way and it takes too long to time to start up only for such short playing sessions.
  • Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited January 2016
    You can't really compare an app and a computer game. I had TSF for maybe a month or two but I had to get rid of it because it took up too much storage space.

    Not to mention how long the download took...
    i look and i find i still love you
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Jess120903 wrote: »
    You can't really compare an app and a computer game. I had TSF for maybe a month or two but I had to get rid of it because it took up too much storage space.

    Not to mention how long the download took...
    I guess that you were playing on an older device?

    Fortunately I have 128 GB storage on my iPad. So the storage requirement doesn't matter ;)

    I also played it earlier on my old iPod Touch 4G. It has 64 GB storage which of course is more than enough. But the old iPod has too little RAM for such a game. So Freeplay doesn't run very well on it anyway.
  • SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    TS4 is basically a more polished version of TSF except it has no toddlers.
    TSF has toddlers? *Face palm

    Yeah, they can do soo much like sleeping in normal sized beds and sitting on the couch, and you can play and talk with them! It's super cute :)

    S91Echo.gif?1
  • 340000453340000453 Posts: 73 Member
    [quote="foussi;14408262"]What the, you dislike sims 4 because it has no toddlers and like freeplay because it has them.
    You need to wait hours to do something in freeplay. Sims 4 is fun even without toddlers.

    AND I REPEAT YOU CANT COMPARE A MOBILE GAME With A COMPUTER GAME.[/quote]

    [quote="CreoleSim;14408393"]That game is creepy, all the sims look like "Chucky" dolls with "Madonna" teeth. At least they have more detailed everyday hair, clothes, oh and Toddlers! [/quote]

    Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,939 Member
    edited January 2016
    foussi wrote: »
    What the, you dislike sims 4 because it has no toddlers and like freeplay because it has them.
    You need to wait hours to do something in freeplay. Sims 4 is fun even without toddlers.

    AND I REPEAT YOU CANT COMPARE A MOBILE GAME With A COMPUTER GAME.

    I play families and have done so in the sims 2 and the sims 3 the sims 4 is terrible in the family play part of this game!

    You have better newborns and toddlers in freeplay with content and interaction's. Same with preteen instead of a child as
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    The main reason I don't like Free Play is because it's strictly goal oriented. Also, it forces you to play in real time. I have a life to live. I don't have time to spend on my tablet day in and day out waiting to complete a quest.




    PLEASE FIX THIS WEBSITES ERROR PAGE ON EVERY POST I QUOTE GURU!



    Sorry the maintaince error pages are becoming a nightmare on this website on every single post sometimes 5 times a post :)
    I don't want to be put in a bad Mood eveytime I come here because of this error!
    rant over

    Jarie9
    I play it an hour in the morning and a couple of hours at night.
    You don't have to sit and wait day in day out to Complete quest's!
    I just plan who does the quest, start them and come back to the game later.
    Its a mobile came so I can even open it up for 5min on my. Lunch break if I need to for quests:) or just use Life style points to speed some up if I can spare some
    I like the real time because it works well as a mobile game for me :)
    The graphics are pretty good on build mode items.
    Cool if you don't like. I'm sure you can find something more for, your type of play with the time you have. )


    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    The main reason I don't like Free Play is because it's strictly goal oriented. Also, it forces you to play in real time. I have a life to live. I don't have time to spend on my tablet day in and day out waiting to complete a quest.
    Then don't. But the reason I prefer Freeplay to games like Sims 4 is actually the same because Freeplay doesn't require you to play for at least one or two hours every time you start it up like TS4 does.

    I usually only play for 10 to 30 minutes every time I start Freeplay up. This can even be in the middle of the night lying in my bed if I can't sleep. But TS4 can't be played this way and it takes too long to time to start up only for such short playing sessions.

    That's funny, because back when I was playing The Sims 4, I used to close it down after about 30 minutes or so, because it was flat out boring. It doesn't really require you to play an hour.

    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    The main reason I don't like Free Play is because it's strictly goal oriented. Also, it forces you to play in real time. I have a life to live. I don't have time to spend on my tablet day in and day out waiting to complete a quest.
    Then don't. But the reason I prefer Freeplay to games like Sims 4 is actually the same because Freeplay doesn't require you to play for at least one or two hours every time you start it up like TS4 does.

    I usually only play for 10 to 30 minutes every time I start Freeplay up. This can even be in the middle of the night lying in my bed if I can't sleep. But TS4 can't be played this way and it takes too long to time to start up only for such short playing sessions.

    That's funny, because back when I was playing The Sims 4, I used to close it down after about 30 minutes or so, because it was flat out boring. It doesn't really require you to play an hour.
    Some simmers actually can't even start the Sims 4 up within 30 minutes. I think that I can do it in 10 to 15 minutes though. But starting Windows 10 and then the game on my laptop take that much time.

    My laptop is usually turned off because otherwise it would use up all its power. But my tablets are usually never turned off and games start up in no time on them. Therefore I am able to play both Freeplay and several other online games at the same time just by switching fast between them. This is the way I like to play. But it isn't possible on my gaming laptop. Therefore I prefer my tablets (and to often switch between them so I can play even more games).

  • neverbeforenbneverbeforenb Posts: 3 New Member
    in my opinion, TSF wasn't really that good; it's called Freeplay for a reason.
    you had to do this quest for LONG HAIR. you couldn't just pick it out of ''CAS.''
    i haven't played it in 2 years, but the only thing i remember doing was ghost hunting (which wasn't too good) and diving.
    so basically i'd choose TS4 anyday but i dont hate TSF :#
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    in my opinion, TSF wasn't really that good; it's called Freeplay for a reason.
    you had to do this quest for LONG HAIR. you couldn't just pick it out of ''CAS.''
    i haven't played it in 2 years, but the only thing i remember doing was ghost hunting (which wasn't too good) and diving.
    so basically i'd choose TS4 anyday but i dont hate TSF :#
    Yes and the reason is that it is free to play and doesn't need a monthly subscription like World of Warcraft does ;)

    There are a lot of similar free-to-play MMO games for mainly mobile devices but also for the PC. They usually don't have "Freeplay" as part of their title. But the Sims Freeplay has for people to be able to not confuse it with the paid offline Sims games which never have been nearly as good in the versions for mobile devices.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 983 Member
    I'm going to say it.
    I know I shouldn't.
    I'm going to say the T-Word.

    Toddlers.
    That is the reason freeplay is better than TS4.
    tumblr_pql06z0v7v1we6z1vo1_500.gif
    i'm back, and better than ever.
  • SimaniacgirlSimaniacgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Nah, even with the lack of certain features in 4, it's still better. Why? Because I dislike freemium tablet games that use real time and you basically need to pay real money to progress (or an insane amount of patience). I prefer to purchase a full game, once and then chose the add-ons I want. Plus Sims 4 has CC/mods, more architectural tools, tons of customisation for the Sims and so on. It's more story and building focused, while FP is more goal focused. When I tried playing it, it didn't feel like a Sims game, they just felt like robots which would do tasks for hours and hours without end. I didn't get the point of playing this, it was just do task, get more sims, do more tasks, get more sims, unlock building...

    I don't know, that's boring to me personally. I prefer building houses, community lots and play with my Sims like I want to rather than wait around for hours for tasks to be done.

    Be nice if they made a new light Sims game for tablets. Something similar to FP, but a purchased game and not task oriented.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    What I don't like about TS4 is that it isn't really a game. It is just a virtual dollhouse where you make dolls, build a dollhouse, watch your dolls while they are partying, working or waiting for an object to become ready to be picked up. While you are watching you sometimes find clothes or objects you wish to replace which sometimes cost you real money to do. For me it isn't a game at all because there are no challenges and you just have to wait and watch most of the time.

    I have never understood the "fun" in this because if I just want to watch then I can stream thousands of funny cartoons instead. But I guess that people also like building their dolls and dollhouses which I don't.

    The Sims Freeplay can't be compared to TS4 at all because it actually is mainly a game which has hundreds of challenges. Where TS4 has no goals because it only is a toy TSF is instead a big challenging game that is about leveling up and get more and more sims until we have the maximal 34 sims (which is the maximum unless we use hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get just a few more).

    The most impressing thing in the Sims Freeplay is how different the huge number of different hobbies work. I have never seen anything like it in any other game. It feels like they programmed a completely different engine for each hobby while other games always just seem to always reuse the same engine for such things. But in the Sims Freeplay it gives a lot of variation which makes it a better game - even though this variation in some cases are more annoying than good.

    What I don't like in the Sims Freeplay is the waiting times when the game wants to force me to just watch. Other games do the same though. I don't do the arcade gamer hobby anymore because it is just too annoying to have to wait for so long time every time they finish a task. I also don't fish in the park anymore because I hate to be forced to wait while I see my sim fight that monster fish again even though I have seen this hundreds of times before. But fortunately my sim can fish elsewhere without meeting monster fishes.

    Some of the challenges in the Sims Freeplay are quite hard. Personally I like that. But if you don't you can usually just avoid those challenges because they are placed in hobbies and the game has more hobbies than it is possible to do at the same time. So the game just has something for everybody. The only exception is people who just want to make a dollhouse and watch their dolls instead of playing a real game because this is done much better in the Sims 4 :)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    The Sims Freeplay can't be compared to TS4 at all because it actually is mainly a game which has hundreds of challenges. Where TS4 has no goals because it only is a toy TSF is instead a big challenging game that is about leveling up and get more and more sims until we have the maximal 34 sims (which is the maximum unless we use hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get just a few more).

    Technically TS4 has goals in form of Aspirations. There are usually 4 Milestones that contain goals one has to complete to advance to the next Milestone, complete all Milestones to unlock a Trait. The goals are the main source of Satisfaction Points which you'll need to purchase Reward Traits.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    The Sims Freeplay can't be compared to TS4 at all because it actually is mainly a game which has hundreds of challenges. Where TS4 has no goals because it only is a toy TSF is instead a big challenging game that is about leveling up and get more and more sims until we have the maximal 34 sims (which is the maximum unless we use hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get just a few more).

    Technically TS4 has goals in form of Aspirations. There are usually 4 Milestones that contain goals one has to complete to advance to the next Milestone, complete all Milestones to unlock a Trait. The goals are the main source of Satisfaction Points which you'll need to purchase Reward Traits.
    I need challenges which isn't in TS4 because the game is too easy and everything is trivialized. Unlocking those things don't satisfy my needs at all.

    But the Sims Freeplay together with Evolution: Battle For Utopia (which is my other main game) give me all the challenges I need. The other game is just a little too violent for my taste. But it has unusually much variation for this type of games. So together with the Sims Freeplay it is just perfect :)
  • KattxKattx Posts: 1 New Member
    Obviously sims 4 is so much more detailed you have expansion packs CUSTOM CONTENT PETS and so much more opportunities. There is no ‘unlocking’ items except for career lvl rewards. 100% S4 fan!!!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Kattx wrote: »
    Obviously sims 4 is so much more detailed you have expansion packs CUSTOM CONTENT PETS and so much more opportunities. There is no ‘unlocking’ items except for career lvl rewards. 100% S4 fan!!!
    It is a matter of taste because the games just are meant to be played very differently.

    1. The Sims 4 is a huge game which all the time is expanded by the simmers purchasing new SPs, GPs and EPs. This is EA’s way to attempt selling the game for many hundreds of dollars and to a price which nobody would have paid if EA just had added everything already in the basegame. There are apparently a little more than 5 million people who have bought the basegame while most later packs likely only sell in about 2 million copies of each pack.
    2. The Sims Freeplay is a free game and therefore downloaded and installed more than 200 million times. It is a MMO game for mobile devices and not meant to be played for hours at the time like the Sims 4. Instead it is meant to be played everywhere and in the short breaks which people have in busses, trains, in school, at work or from other similar games which they play at the same time. EA’s income for such a game comes mainly from showing adds like showing adds also is the main income for many TV stations and also from the minority of simmers who don’t mind to buy stuff and speed-ups for high prices as ingame purchases.

    So the games should really be compared. But the Sims Freeplay still have many things that the Sims 4 doesn’t have and a lot of new events with prices are started every week in Freeplay. Those events bring new clothings, new hair, new furniture and similar stuff into Freeplay all the time. But some of the events also bring new characters, new gameplay and new interactions into the game. So there actually already are a lot of things (like the weather, horses, skills about training horses and other things and hobby places and job places where the sims can do things that don’t exist in the Sims 4. But still the Sims 4 also has many things that the Sims Freeplay doesn’t have.

    So choosing between them is a matter of taste and the two games are also meant to be played by the same simmers. Even so EA’s intention is that we should play Freeplay mainly when we aren’t at home and the Sims 4 instead when we are at home. EA doesn’t want the two game to compete with eachother. Therefore EA refuses to also release Freeplay for Mac and Windows PCs even though similar free MMO games from other companies usually exist in such versions too.
  • CarinaMarquesCarinaMarques Posts: 22 Member
    Personally, I love both games. Each one with particular qualities that interests me. I'm a Sims fan since the first one on 2000 and I've played all the PC games, with the expansions, stuffs and game packs. I just LOVE this game. The Sims 4 is getting into me more and more everyday. I think I'm loving it more now than in the beginning. When it came out I was a little angry because The Sims 3 was such a great game and we hadn't the same stuff on S4.
    But I understand now that Sims 4 is a "some kind different" experience than S3. Sims 3 had a lot of issues (i played it on a decent PC and still sometimes the games shuttled down for now reason apperantly!).
    Sims 4 is so smooth! Wonderfull!
    The Sims Freeplay I play mostly when I'm not at home, it is a different kind of game but...well...it's SIMS! And i'm a sims addict! :D
    I still play it when I'm home sometime though...
    I love it because it has so many different stuff to do! So many events, updates, different hairs, clothes, hobbies, houses and lots...etc.
    Now that I'm on level 55, I really don't care about the actions time; i skip them if I want with LP. But that is only because I play since the beginning and have come trough a long way with many simoleons, LP and SP.

    In short, both games offer a Sims experience. It's just a different sims experience depending on what you want. Both deserve to be loved.
    I will be angry if they shut down the Sims Freeplay one day, and I wish Sims 4 contine forever!! :)
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    I played Sims Freeplay first. Then when I started really getting into Sims 4, I stopped playing Freeplay nearly as much. If there is a good reward for a certain event in Sims Freeplay, I go back to it for a while. The other day I played it and was so annoyed that I couldn't put activities into queue!
  • SimsoKaitSimsoKait Posts: 19 Member
    The only thing I truly do not like about the Sims Freeplay is that everything takes ages to complete and you constantly have to be purchasing, or some how getting, life points to quicken up the process. Overall though it is a great mobile sims game that I am not currently playing, but that I did love to play.
  • Sky_SimsSky_Sims Posts: 26 Member
    Why is this even a discussion? TS4. Not TSF... TSF kinda plum in my opinion. I'm not sure why you would want to play it, unless you're somewhere that doesn't have Wi-Fi..
    445e2271a2be47c31974bf3c0824c731.jpg

    May your sims be beautiful, and your homes a sight. May you have the perfect sim - one who sleeps the whole night.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2018
    Sky_Sims wrote: »
    Why is this even a discussion? TS4. Not TSF... TSF kinda plum in my opinion. I'm not sure why you would want to play it, unless you're somewhere that doesn't have Wi-Fi..
    Why do you need WiFi to be able to play TS4?

    TS4 is a much more expensive games which already will have cost you almost $700 if you have bought all the packs. For me there probably only would have been new gameplay for about a week in each pack. So it would have become a very expensive game if I hadn’t stopped playing it.

    TSF is a free game which I can play everywhere in short sessions. This suits my gaming style because I need variation and therefore play several other F2P games too. TS4 would just take too much time from other things for me and I would have become bored anyway and felt that I just wasted most of my time.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 14,248 Member
    I played Sims Freeplay first. Then when I started really getting into Sims 4, I stopped playing Freeplay nearly as much. If there is a good reward for a certain event in Sims Freeplay, I go back to it for a while. The other day I played it and was so annoyed that I couldn't put activities into queue!

    Haha, that's funny. :p
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,365 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    What I don't like about TS4 is that it isn't really a game. It is just a virtual dollhouse where you make dolls, build a dollhouse, watch your dolls while they are partying, working or waiting for an object to become ready to be picked up. While you are watching you sometimes find clothes or objects you wish to replace which sometimes cost you real money to do. For me it isn't a game at all because there are no challenges and you just have to wait and watch most of the time.

    I have never understood the "fun" in this because if I just want to watch then I can stream thousands of funny cartoons instead. But I guess that people also like building their dolls and dollhouses which I don't.

    The Sims Freeplay can't be compared to TS4 at all because it actually is mainly a game which has hundreds of challenges. Where TS4 has no goals because it only is a toy TSF is instead a big challenging game that is about leveling up and get more and more sims until we have the maximal 34 sims (which is the maximum unless we use hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get just a few more).

    The most impressing thing in the Sims Freeplay is how different the huge number of different hobbies work. I have never seen anything like it in any other game. It feels like they programmed a completely different engine for each hobby while other games always just seem to always reuse the same engine for such things. But in the Sims Freeplay it gives a lot of variation which makes it a better game - even though this variation in some cases are more annoying than good.

    What I don't like in the Sims Freeplay is the waiting times when the game wants to force me to just watch. Other games do the same though. I don't do the arcade gamer hobby anymore because it is just too annoying to have to wait for so long time every time they finish a task. I also don't fish in the park anymore because I hate to be forced to wait while I see my sim fight that monster fish again even though I have seen this hundreds of times before. But fortunately my sim can fish elsewhere without meeting monster fishes.

    Some of the challenges in the Sims Freeplay are quite hard. Personally I like that. But if you don't you can usually just avoid those challenges because they are placed in hobbies and the game has more hobbies than it is possible to do at the same time. So the game just has something for everybody. The only exception is people who just want to make a dollhouse and watch their dolls instead of playing a real game because this is done much better in the Sims 4 :)

    You say you hate waiting and watching. Apparently all you have seen of Sims 4 is build buy mode or CAS. Live mode is not just watching and waiting, you can .change the speed and queue up actions. You can also multitask and build skills. Aspirations, and active careers if you have GTW, are their own challenges. I always speed up the game when building skills. You can also turn your SIM into a vampire or plantsim. Sims for Pc or Mac makes it easier to write your own stories about your Sims. You can even put your own mp3 music files to play on your Sims stereos. Not only that, but if you go on vacation for a week you won't miss out on limited time content. Plus because you pay up front for Sims 4 there are no ads. Yes, it's more expensive but worth it.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    What I don't like about TS4 is that it isn't really a game. It is just a virtual dollhouse where you make dolls, build a dollhouse, watch your dolls while they are partying, working or waiting for an object to become ready to be picked up. While you are watching you sometimes find clothes or objects you wish to replace which sometimes cost you real money to do. For me it isn't a game at all because there are no challenges and you just have to wait and watch most of the time.

    I have never understood the "fun" in this because if I just want to watch then I can stream thousands of funny cartoons instead. But I guess that people also like building their dolls and dollhouses which I don't.

    The Sims Freeplay can't be compared to TS4 at all because it actually is mainly a game which has hundreds of challenges. Where TS4 has no goals because it only is a toy TSF is instead a big challenging game that is about leveling up and get more and more sims until we have the maximal 34 sims (which is the maximum unless we use hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get just a few more).

    The most impressing thing in the Sims Freeplay is how different the huge number of different hobbies work. I have never seen anything like it in any other game. It feels like they programmed a completely different engine for each hobby while other games always just seem to always reuse the same engine for such things. But in the Sims Freeplay it gives a lot of variation which makes it a better game - even though this variation in some cases are more annoying than good.

    What I don't like in the Sims Freeplay is the waiting times when the game wants to force me to just watch. Other games do the same though. I don't do the arcade gamer hobby anymore because it is just too annoying to have to wait for so long time every time they finish a task. I also don't fish in the park anymore because I hate to be forced to wait while I see my sim fight that monster fish again even though I have seen this hundreds of times before. But fortunately my sim can fish elsewhere without meeting monster fishes.

    Some of the challenges in the Sims Freeplay are quite hard. Personally I like that. But if you don't you can usually just avoid those challenges because they are placed in hobbies and the game has more hobbies than it is possible to do at the same time. So the game just has something for everybody. The only exception is people who just want to make a dollhouse and watch their dolls instead of playing a real game because this is done much better in the Sims 4 :)

    You say you hate waiting and watching. Apparently all you have seen of Sims 4 is build buy mode or CAS. Live mode is not just watching and waiting, you can .change the speed and queue up actions. You can also multitask and build skills. Aspirations, and active careers if you have GTW, are their own challenges. I always speed up the game when building skills. You can also turn your SIM into a vampire or plantsim. Sims for Pc or Mac makes it easier to write your own stories about your Sims. You can even put your own mp3 music files to play on your Sims stereos. Not only that, but if you go on vacation for a week you won't miss out on limited time content. Plus because you pay up front for Sims 4 there are no ads. Yes, it's more expensive but worth it.
    You answered a two years old message and I haven’t played Sims 4 since then.

    I don’t disagree with your comments and Sims 4 is not really a bad game. But I played Sims 2 a lot and later also Sims 3 for some time.

    For story telling Sims 2 is clearly the best Sims game yet because we could control all the families in the neighborhoods and make both family stories and neighborhood stories. I loved that and Sims 4 can’t compare.

    Sims 3 got the open seamless neighborhood. But the price was high and we lost the control over the other families who instead were controlled by the awful story progression.

    I think that Sims 4 is closer to Sims 2 than it is to Sims 3. But the neighborhoods in Sims 4 are small and can’t be expanded like they could in Sims 2. Things also take way too much time in Sims 4 because Sims 4 has autonomous sims who often disobey us. I just don’t like that.

    Sims Freeplay is a very different game which can’t be compared to the PC games. Many don’t like Sims Freeplay because it can’t be played continuously for hours in the same way as the PC games can. But I love that I can control all the sims in the game and that I only need to play it in short sessions such that I can play other similar games too. I can even watch television while I play the game. I also like all the challenges and events and the feeling that my game is improving all the time while I build and expand all the time.

    But it is all just a matter of taste :)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top