Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a bug?

All of a sudden this game seems very buggy. I have been trying and trying to get my sim wife pregnant and not only is she always dissatisfied from the woohoo, she never becomes pregnant and I have tried a lot.

These are just 2 examples of what I consider to be bugs. There are tons more.

Anyone else having trouble getting pregnant? I am close to just adopting a baby, unless that is bugged also. I am going to reinstall Sims 3. They have some work to do on TS4, which has now been out what, 6-8 months? Very poor.

Comments

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hopefully they will address the issue in a future patch. I've been having some bugs with stuck Sims and the Grim Reaper who just stands there doing nothing and doesn't leave the household. Fortunately, I haven't had issues with pregnancy and babies so far.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    At present, there are a lot of known bugs. We can only wait/hope they are addressing these bugs in future patches.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    edited April 2015
    So far I've had the "bad woohoo" bug, the "no mail" bug, the "time jump" bug, the "inventory scrolling" bug, and the one where your Sims suddenly stop what they're doing and seem to reset. I lost my family tree and all my homeless Sims. I'm still having recurrences of the "no cooking" bug. And I just lost a Sim day when I tried to save and got an "error" message.

Haven't had the "no pregnancy" bug yet.

I'm hopeful that they will fix at least the "no mail" bug- I need the elements and the postcards to finish my collections.
  • DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2015
    the inventory bug is caused by eggs in your inventory, the bad woohoo is only on the one who intiates the woohoo yes I hope its fixed soon. the no mail bug fixed when I move to a different lot others have said the same and can't say much about the time bug just ugghh and haven't tried to have a baby since patch so don't know about that one
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Where do you get eggs from?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The last patch introduced a lot of bugs into the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    This is the first time I've had a lot of bugs in my game. Before I only had a few minor ones,but now I have the "bad woohoo" bug,the "time jump bug"...although the time jump bug hasn't been too bad for me,it's mostly when I use the ultra speed when my Sims are asleep and they time will jump back a few hours or so. Still annoying though.

I haven't had any issues with Sims getting pregnant...haven't had the "no mail" issue but I don't collect things very often either. And I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting. But yeah,the last patch seemed to bring in a lot of new bugs. Hopefully they will all be fixed with the next patch.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    Found out that I do not have the "no pregnancy" bug. I am still learning TS4 and I was expecting to get the ball after attempting to make a baby to say it was successful. Well, to all those out there who are like me, what you need to do is Woohoo, then when done have the female use the toilet and take a Pregnancy Test 15S. Tried it a few test times and worked like a charm each time.

The rest of the bugs I am also experiencing. How about this one, I put a cherry tree in my yard, now maybe it is supposed to disappear, what do I know, but when I went from the build mode, where the tree was plainly visible, to live mode where it instantly disappeared.

I have given a sim the order to cook a meal, the money is immediately taken from the sim, and in quite a few instances the Sim loses the cook command but the money is not refunded. So ai now make sure the Sim is doing absolutely nothing before I ask it to cook, otherwise I risk the loss of the money and the cook order.

I had to go back to a much earlier save in a game I am playing because in the picture of my sim on the bottom left of the UI, the Sim developed these nasty looking scratches, or welts all over her body. I tried to exit and restart the game figuring it may have been a bug and it wa still there. So I dumped that version of the game and went back to a second version that was about a day behind but the characters were fine. So in that case I only lost about 12+ hours of building and training and earning.

This game is bug heaven and since they no longer support TS3, which I am currently reinstalling on my computer, they need to do double diligence to their loyal people and get these bugs fixed...pronto.

My 2 cents......................Happy Simming all.
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    the bell, I meant, not ball
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    There are a lot of bugs in the game. It's frustrating.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    the inventory bug is caused by eggs in your inventory. . . the no mail bug fixed when I move to a different lot others have said the same
    Thanks, Dyrewitch, but I don't keep any of the eggs, I sell them right away, so no one will have eggs but I still get the problem any time I open the fridge and get the 2 stacked inventory windows.
    And after trying various fixes I found suggested, the moving to a different lot and back seems to have fixed the no mail problem for me. I'm getting post cards and elements again (tho only the ones since I moved, my others are gone) so I'm hoping it sticks.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I have been having a lot of the same bugs, but one i have not seem mentioned yet is the skill bar above your Sim's head. Sometimes it just stays there, even when my Sim is not doing anything with a skill. Sometimes it is right over their head, sometimes it is far to the side.

Also, emotion states seem to get stuck. (I wish I took some screenshots to explain better). For example, my Sim will be Very Angry, even though there are no angry moodlets and everything she has is positive. Or she will have a positive mood, but the emotion linked wish stays blank, like when the Sim is just in Fine mood.

I have also had Death get stuck, which made it so I could not please for the other Sim's life. I had it queued up, but we all just stood there looking at each other until the action disappeared and Death took the Sim.

I have not been able to duplicate the mailbox issue, as I cannot collect anything at all anyway. Respawn points disappear forever and none of my Sims have ever been able to complete a collection. This has been a problem since day one, and EA does not seem to have any intention of fixing it.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png