I thought it might be useful to have a thread that helped the users of custom worlds. We have a large FAQ sticky which has many helpful topics for world builders, but the users of these worlds need a place to go for their questions. Topics that I suggest be covered are:
- Installing a custom world. Right now there is a thread asking that question. See the third post for some help.
- Playing a world with a save file. Some builders create a world and a save file with a Sims population. See the bottom of the third post for help.
- Populating a downloaded world with ghosts. See the second post which includes a process and some tombstone carrying Sims
- Dealing with custom world performance issues. See the third post which might help improve performance of a downloaded world.
- Locking dive lots for better yields. I have run a test to show dive lots have better yields when locked. The fourth post shws this test and describes how to lock a lot.
- I would be happy for any additional suggestions
Populating a downloaded world with ghosts is my main reason for this thread and I will cover this on the second post of this thread. However, I think these other topics need to be addressed in a central place and have put down some of my thoughts.