Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What am I doing wrong with the doctor career?

BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
Ok, I started a doctor and she admitted the patient. I examined her/him and did the sample thingy on that machine. I even transferred the case to the doctor. I have also not transferred the case to the doctor. I have x rayed them and also put my findings in the computer. But the game never once allowed me to give the patient a shot or any other type of treatment. The options never show up nor does it say what they might have. All it does after I examine them is let me talk to them and nothing else. And i can transfer to the doctor.Am I missing something or am I bugged?

Comments

• siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    Not bugged. Your Sim needs to get some experience before they can start treating patients. In a few days after working, your Sim will be able to do a whole lot more. Keep having her/him doing what it says up in the left hand corner.
  • Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    edited April 2015
    My doctor is a level 8, and still has difficulty diagnosing patients. I get down to about to about 3 different illnesses. This should help:

http://sims-online.com/sims-4-doctor-career-guide-active/
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    But it says I need to treat patients to advance. Are you saying that by just doing the every day tasks my Sim will eventually be offered these other options even without treating the patients it says I need to advance?

Thanx a lot for the help by the way.
  • Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    When you first walk in, there are usually some patients with the red heart above their head. You are able to cure a sim that has a red heart. You can advance fast by curing those sims that have already been diagnosed.
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    I'm having issues making the correct diagnosis as well. I just got fired. :(
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited April 2015
    TessaLee74 wrote: »
    How are the sims' logic levels? Also, have they practiced Analyzing? I remembered Logic skill helps. Try just examining the patients, cleaning, and passing on the patient cases to the doctors until you get higher levels.

What's funny is I don't think my main sim has very high logic, but he has been treating lots of patients, and he's only on the second level of the career (Orderly).

Is it luck, or a bug, or did my sim have more Logic than I thought, lol? (Or is it his cooking skills? He's a very good cook! :D )
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    Not sure. I was an R.N. and I examined every possible thing. It didn't really narrow anything down. Starry eyes is the only one that has a visual cue. My logic is a 9. I like a challenge but I need a logical solution attached to it. :#
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bokimbol wrote: »
    But it says I need to treat patients to advance. Are you saying that by just doing the every day tasks my Sim will eventually be offered these other options even without treating the patients it says I need to advance?

Thanx a lot for the help by the way.

That's your long term goal down in the Sim panel? Or on the list of things to do in the top left hand corner. If it's in the top left hand corner you don't have to do them all. You can go all day just doing the ones you want to do, and as they change, do another one, if you can't get that one done. The meter/bar will fill up and you will get the promotion as long as you have met the tasks in the Sim panel under the brief case where you view your real performance meter.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Not sure. I was an R.N. and I examined every possible thing. It didn't really narrow anything down. Starry eyes is the only one that has a visual cue. My logic is a 9. I like a challenge but I need a logical solution attached to it. :#

Starry eyes doesn't always have symptoms you can see. I have guessed it right several times because it didn't seem to be another one when stuck between two possible ones. And I have guessed it wrong and took a small hit to the actual performance under careers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

That's bad but you are taught in the first few days to practice analyzing sometimes because it puts your Sim in focused mood and builds logic.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    What I do in the doctor as well as in the science career is the following. I use before I start the computer, click on "More" and then research Simpedia. It doesn't take long and gives your Sim a 4 hour long focus! This helps a lot! In both careers!
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited April 2015
    My Sim is maxed in both logic and handiness. Still diagnosis is a random roll from some invisible dice. More times than not I am left guessing at which problems the patient is having. Been a few where all tests failed and I am again left from choosing from a few things it could be. I find it annoyingly frustrating that the random roll from those invisible dice roll more negative than positive. What's the point of high logic if it still leaves you guessing after all tests are done.

I am level 8 in doctor now I have to wait for that random roll for a pregnant woman and the last shift was all kids. I do like the doctor career more than the detective career, but still waiting on some random roll and high logic not even a good benefit leaves this career lacking. I had a few darker skin toned Sims where it is a horror to see the spots..

It feels like when trying to diagnosis a patient it is like a random roll on loot from a boss mob..

-shrugs-

I just roll with it and I am thankful that our money is tied up for saving for a house. So, I am safe from doing the whole purchase and hope for the best in this game..
    Ha, I wish I even had the option to guess what was wrong with my Sim. LOL. I have never seen any hint at all about what was wrong with them or to even guess at it.Thanx cinebar. I wasn't sure if that was the long term goal or not and come to think of it, I had made it too intern I believe before I quit and re joined the career for doctor to see if that helped. The first time though, my Sim did lots of the mundane chores and exams and those Sims with the red symbol over there heads I can't treat at all. Only talk. Only the new ones I meet on the line at the desk can I treat. If I take one of the new ones samples and analyze it, I can no longer treat them either after I analyze their sample. My logic just hit 2 on this Sim so maybe thats it?

Do any of you play with mods? Someone told me this add on made a few of them out dated and that could be the problem.
  • worldofloolooworldoflooloo Posts: 137 Member
    Have you tried backing up any CC or Mods, then taking them out of your game, then restart the game as it may be something interfering?
    I haven't done that yet worldoflooloo. I am saving that for the next day off from work. RL work that is.. Just don't feel like messing with it and have something go wrong then I have to go to work in the middle of it. I suspect that may be the cause. My Sim still gets no option to treat the patient after several more work days. Not only that but when it asked for me to feed a Sim in the bed, I have no way of doing that either.

Also, for the cop career and the scientist career, the only way I can access my notebook/pad is by computer. The icon for it just does not show up in the phone at all. But other than that, those two careers are working fine.
  • naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I'm trying to deliver a baby for my doctor career but it has not come up yet so I guess I'll have to keep making money until it does so I can get a promotion.
  • TheRealSimzFanatikTheRealSimzFanatik Posts: 118 Member
    Cyph86 wrote: »
    What I do in the doctor as well as in the science career is the following. I use before I start the computer, click on "More" and then research Simpedia. It doesn't take long and gives your Sim a 4 hour long focus! This helps a lot! In both careers!

great tip thanks!

• WesleyCoutoWesleyCouto Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Bokimbol said:
    > I haven't done that yet worldoflooloo. I am saving that for the next day off from work. RL work that is.. Just don't feel like messing with it and have something go wrong then I have to go to work in the middle of it. I suspect that may be the cause. My Sim still gets no option to treat the patient after several more work days. Not only that but when it asked for me to feed a Sim in the bed, I have no way of doing that either.
    >
    > Also, for the cop career and the scientist career, the only way I can access my notebook/pad is by computer. The icon for it just does not show up in the phone at all. But other than that, those two careers are working fine.

Its the same with me, its getting me annoyed.
  • LexypotatoLexypotato Posts: 27 New Member
    I keep having the problem that my sims don't have symptoms... The spots the bubbles that should pop up ? nothing never . I just guess away :')
  • Ms_BloomberryMs_Bloomberry Posts: 127 Member
    > @Bokimbol said:
    > I haven't done that yet worldoflooloo. I am saving that for the next day off from work. RL work that is.. Just don't feel like messing with it and have something go wrong then I have to go to work in the middle of it. I suspect that may be the cause. My Sim still gets no option to treat the patient after several more work days. Not only that but when it asked for me to feed a Sim in the bed, I have no way of doing that either.
    >
    > Also, for the cop career and the scientist career, the only way I can access my notebook/pad is by computer. The icon for it just does not show up in the phone at all. But other than that, those two careers are working fine.

Its the same with me, its getting me annoyed.

I had this issue...I had a mod for larger interaction queues, the 50/50 mod removal method exposed the said mod as the culprit. After serious interrogation, I extracted it from my mods folder, locked it up in my recycle bin & emptied it out. Voila! All the new buttons on the cell phone appeared...hopes this helps
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

My Sim got fired too. I started over and now at level 7. Going to work focused helped get better results. & after reading an online tutorial, I found out that your Sim for the most part won't get successful results from x-ray/treadmill test until level 7+. I really like this career but it's very hard. I try to look at the patient for visual symptoms, but that's not always a good sign either. What's saving my work performance this time around are the home visits. It gives a huge boost to performance, so even if I misdiagnose a Sim I don't get too big of a performance hit.
  • katiestanhopekatiestanhope Posts: 53 Member
    You need experience first, a few levels up. But usually when you start the day there will be patients already in the beds with the red hearts over their head, you can treat those sims as they have already been diagnosed :)
    edited April 2015
    katiestanhope. I can't do anything but talk to the patients already there. No way to treat them at all.

Ms Bloomberry. Thanx a lot for the tip. I am pretty sure I have that mod you mentioned. I will give that a try next time I log in. Oh by the way, I found a mod manager that makes it a lot easier to take out and install the mods. It's called TS4 Mod manager. It's as simple as unchecking a box to turn the mod off.

Your a life saver Ms. Bloomberry! That fixed the problem. Thank God it wasn't the nudity patch that caused it. LOL.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The medical career is a challenge and I'm having so much fun. I haven't tried the police or retail but both medical and science are a lot of fun to play.

As a retired RN inn rl, I find this career similar to the medical field in rl...it's a process of elimination and you discover the illness through various tests. If you don't find the answer, just re-test until you do. :D

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    Bokimbol wrote: »
    katiestanhope. I can't do anything but talk to the patients already there. No way to treat them at all.

Ms Bloomberry. Thanx a lot for the tip. I am pretty sure I have that mod you mentioned. I will give that a try next time I log in. Oh by the way, I found a mod manager that makes it a lot easier to take out and install the mods. It's called TS4 Mod manager. It's as simple as unchecking a box to turn the mod off.

Your a life saver Ms. Bloomberry! That fixed the problem. Thank God it wasn't the nudity patch that caused it. LOL.

That is really strange, because I have started this game with several different Sims in at least two different games. New game etc. There is always three Sims in the beds when you get to the hospital they all have red hearts. This is so we can see what illness they have and by the how they are acting. You can go ahead and cure them. I use the old TS3 style conversation set up ( I don't like how TS4 has conversation choices all over the place) set it in your game settings if you can't find the 'treat patients' because you can treat them on day one. It's been that way for every game I have started, perhaps you have bug or glitch.