Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want an ALL THE PLANTS RESOURCE GARDEN with no tending required.

sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
Is there any way to put all the plants together in one lot? Not the ones you have to water, weed etc. I mean like the ones you find all over the place growing wild. Are they in Buydebug or somewhere hidden? With all the bakeries popping up and mad scientists looking for ingredients it would be so lovely to be able to go to the park and harvest without tending.

Comments

• Options
    LoopyLizzieLoopyLizzie Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2015
    This has all the plants and they're perfect quality. http://www.thesims.com/gallery/DD2D3E35DBE611E48EE49EAB6BB9E0D5?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=plants&max=25

You could make a small park in one of the 20x15 lots in willow creek, or just place them in one of the parks. :smile:
  • Options
    I already did that, twice lol. I wouldn't mind normal quality if it came with no weeding, watering and spraying for bugs. The problem with my park is after I harvest, then go back a few days later, I have to wait around for the plants to be harvestable again, and I have to tend them too if I dont want them to die. Would it make a difference if the park lot was in the same neighborhood my sim was living in?
  • Options
    I know I would still have to be on the lot and wait for them to regrow fruits, but I wouldn't have to worry about them dieing or spend time tending them. I could fish, or paint, or work on other skills, go on a date etc while waiting. I will look more closely at the link you provided LoopyLizzy. I shouldn't have automatically assumed you did not understand what I was looking for.
  • Options
    Maybe what I need is a world editor? Does this version of Sims even have that?
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Maybe what I need is a world editor? Does this version of Sims even have that?

It does not :/
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    I already did that, twice lol. I wouldn't mind normal quality if it came with no weeding, watering and spraying for bugs. The problem with my park is after I harvest, then go back a few days later, I have to wait around for the plants to be harvestable again, and I have to tend them too if I dont want them to die. Would it make a difference if the park lot was in the same neighborhood my sim was living in?

Could you just download the perfect grade, ready-to-harvest garden from the gallery, and just place it via world editor whenever you want to harvest? Then you wouldn't have to maintain it (I really hope they add the swift-gro gardening station sometime soon!) and you'd have harvestables on demand.

You can access plants in buydebug, but you have to place them individually, then pick them up and put them in your inventory individually, which is almost as much of a pain as maintaining a garden.
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    I thought about using the spawn object cheat if I could figure out which object ids were the right ones, but not sure if a lot with that would upload and down load and if it didn't, well, that's just way too much work to do for each saved game. I doubt this is an original idea since there are so many super creative and clever people that play Sims. If someone else has already tried this successfully or unsuccessfully, it would be nice to know.

Could you just download the perfect grade, ready-to-harvest garden from the gallery, and just place it via world editor whenever you want to harvest? Then you wouldn't have to maintain it (I really hope they add the swift-gro gardening station sometime soon!) and you'd have harvestables on demand.

You can access plants in buydebug, but you have to place them individually, then pick them up and put them in your inventory individually, which is almost as much of a pain as maintaining a garden.

That is a good suggestion. I will probably just go ahead and keep re-downloading the small park I did since all the plants are ready to harvest. I still may play around with the spawn object in my build save just for fun. I would love to have the swift-gro gardening station again too. Or even a gardener that you can hire. While I'm wishing, a million dollars, not simolians, would be pretty awesome too lol!

• Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    I thought about using the spawn object cheat if I could figure out which object ids were the right ones, but not sure if a lot with that would upload and down load and if it didn't, well, that's just way too much work to do for each saved game. I doubt this is an original idea since there are so many super creative and clever people that play Sims. If someone else has already tried this successfully or unsuccessfully, it would be nice to know.

That is a good suggestion. I will probably just go ahead and keep re-downloading the small park I did since all the plants are ready to harvest. I still may play around with the spawn object in my build save just for fun. I would love to have the swift-gro gardening station again too. Or even a gardener that you can hire. While I'm wishing, a million dollars, not simolians, would be pretty awesome too lol!

There is actually a mod for an NPC gardener, which was amazing, but it broke on the 3/26 patch. We're still waiting for an update. :( I put my garden into my household inventory until the mod is fixed. ha
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    I have never used a mod before, but I think that might be the one I would try.
  • Options
    HanQinHanQin Posts: 34 Member
    Wait wait wait. I know I'm a little late here and slightly off topic. But can I spawn a perfect seed or plant in my household lot?

I need perfect chrysanthemums.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    HanQin wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. I know I'm a little late here and slightly off topic. But can I spawn a perfect seed or plant in my household lot?

Hello @HanQin :)
    This is a link to rooms on the gallery that contain plants that are all perfect quality. You may like to download the rooms and use the plants in your game.
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Perfect garden&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    HanQin wrote: »

I believe any plants that can be spawned are of "normal" quality.