Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Trees are completely useless. Wow

I'm doing the 100 baby challenge and recently opened up the Genealogy tab and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. All the fathers of the babies have disappeared from the tree. Now it's just a blank thing, if they died. Why did EA add family trees if you can't even see the fathers/mothers of the children?
we way too young to get old <3

Comments

• EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    It's pathetic. They don't even need to cull the sims entirely - there is no need for all of the character data to remain intact.
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2015
    olyanaesme wrote: »
    I'm doing the 100 baby challenge and recently opened up the Genealogy tab and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. All the fathers of the babies have disappeared from the tree. Now it's just a blank thing, if they died. Why did EA add family trees if you can't even see the fathers/mothers of the children?

im also doing this challenge and this hasn't happened to me.
    only my 1st generation matriarch face doesn't show.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited April 2015
    Is the family tree dynamic?

Do Sims in the family tree change based on their life-stage, clothes they are wearing?

ie, are the family tree pictures static or dynamic? If they are dynamic, then I can see where this is going wrong - if they are dynamic - ie when a Sim ages, their picture in the family tree updates.
  • KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    Is that suppose to happen or is it just a glitch?
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I think it's supposed to happen cause there can only be so many sims in the neighbourhood, about 150 or 180 if I remember correctly
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It's the culling 180 Sim limit. But with the recent patch, Sims are being culled sooner than that. It has nothing to do with the family tree but the core mechanics of how culling works. I hate that feature and want the Sims 2 Sim generating back which stops at a certain limit.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    A lot of family trees got messed up in the recent patch, perhaps it's from that.

Other than that, at a point, I think you have to click each sim to see it's father? Not sure, I stopped making families once the game decided to revert my save back a week.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Scobre wrote: »
    It's the culling 180 Sim limit. But with the recent patch, Sims are being culled sooner than that. It has nothing to do with the family tree but the core mechanics of how culling works. I hate that feature and want the Sims 2 Sim generating back which stops at a certain limit.

I think is because the engine can't handle it.. and is getting tighter while expansion packs start to come out.
    Senbre wrote: »
    @Scobre wrote: »

I think is because the engine can't handle it.. and is getting tighter while expansion packs start to come out.
    Yeah probably true. The engine was described as handling everything, but as more and more expansions come out, we see that isn't the case. The culling just doesn't work well for generation and legacy players. I hope the limit is increased. I did use a mod to increase it, but it would be nice if EA could fix the issue too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    @Scobre - May I ask which mod this is? Thank you in advance :)
    akddFdd.gif
    @Scobre - May I ask which mod this is? Thank you in advance :)
    No culling mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=545615

It has been updated to work with the patch.
  • FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    @Scobre - Thank you!
    akddFdd.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Ridiculous
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MySimselfMySimself Posts: 29 Member
    that is a dissapointment, maybe you could make your own family tree in the future using microsoft word or something im sorry. :(
  • RhiiJayyRhiiJayy Posts: 201 Member
    This is why i'm glad i do my family tree on familyecho too.
    OriginID: RhiiJayy
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I'm currently playing a family, 2 parents, 1 daughter, they grew up, she had one son who is now adult, his mother and grandparents (the original family) have all passed. I check his family tree and his grandparents are gone! Blank profile where their pictures should be... I mean their his grandparents! Not some distant relative.... But their gone from the family tree already...
  • 1Dugawinduncan1Dugawinduncan Posts: 48 Member
    Yeah, I noticed this before I downloaded the No Culling mod too. I had my legacy founder get pregnant from a guy then dump him, she later had twins with a different guy who she married. On the family tree, the first kid's dad (who is still alive and in their relationship panels) isn't shown.
  • becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I think it's supposed to happen cause there can only be so many sims in the neighbourhood, about 150 or 180 if I remember correctly

how do you check how many sims are in your neigbourhood
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    becstar732 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

how do you check how many sims are in your neigbourhood

This mod. It's not really a "mod" mod--it doesn't modify anything. It just grabs the number for you. Oh, and max_pop=180, living + dead

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=535402
  • LishaJaeLishaJae Posts: 4 New Member
    I noticed this was happening after about my 5th baby in the 100 Babies challenge so I started a spreadsheet with the info on it and just accepted I couldn't add in the fathers of my first 5... But I last played a couple of days ago, and exited the game just after the 1st bay of my 3rd generation (baby #28) was born and forgot to get the fathers details written down, Just logged back in this morning and he's gone from the family tree... According to his tree, my Baby only has a mother; No other family at all. :(

The perfectionist in me is tempted to neglect him so he gets taken away and he doesn't count in my 100 Babies, Then I don't have to have another blank father space on my spreadsheet.. lol
  • Lldvl915Lldvl915 Posts: 37 Member
    they will hopefully fix the family tree. Its annoying that the female of my first couple died of old age and is no longer in the family tree of her daughter
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Yeah when I started playing my alphabet legacy family it was so cool to see the family tree...
    Now I'm lucky I can even see the prior generation at all (only have them BC I have their ghosts on my home lot). Everyone else is gone. Even one brother is missing from the family tree, and I'm sure the other two will be culled too since they are both dead now.
    Seriously disappointed. Its one thing to not have it, its another to have hype like "guess what's being added!" Oh but no never mind BC it pretty much doesn't work so....
  • SPIRESSPIRES Posts: 10 New Member
    Will they check this site to give us a work around if there is one? Because I just talked to them and the person said they would post a work around ( if that is all the problem needs) on the sims 4 forums
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    I noticed this as well. I like to play my game realisticly, so It's really annoying...
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    psykt wrote: »
    I noticed this as well. I like to play my game realisticly, so It's really annoying...

Hello @psykt.
    It is due to the game limiting the amount of sims in the game to 180 sims, then it culls them. To prevent this happening, you can install the NoMore culling mod
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545615
    To recover an earlier version of your family tree history you can try rolling back to an earlier version of your game file before the family tree was changed.
    These are links to how to roll back your save to an earlier version. I am posting two in case you find one easier to follow than the other.
    https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    Install the mod first, then roll back the save.