Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitching in the career lots?

zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
Hey all,
I was figuring someone may be able to help me here,
Here's the problem: whenever I play the detective/doctor/scientist sims in their career lots and send them do something for their job (eg. 'Talk to the Chief' or 'Check Patient's Ears') the sim pauses in the middle of the action, the time is still going forward, but my sims just take forever to finish the job, even when I press 3 they still won't move, then after a while they do and they finish the job. However, when my sim in the detective career goes to different lots to arrest a suspect or go on patrol, he does the actions/interactions straight away with no problem and does them normally. It's just becoming a hassle, is there any way I can make it stop? Is anyone else having this problem? Is it just my game or a bug in the EP?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and also when in the career lots and I send my sim to perform an interaction they also stay standing for ages too, then go and do it after a while even with the time pace on 3.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    if you have anything in your mods folder pull the whole thing and test

if this doesnt work close game open origin and repair both the base game and GTW. under my games right click on sims 4 icon and selection option. run the base game repair then do the same for GTW. GTW icon is located under sims 4 i
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i should also say many are reporting good luck quitting jobs if corrupted and rejoining. another tip game corruption seems easy to have, like sims jump, restart the game (once you have already repaired it) to see if this fixes the problem and instead of rotating saves restart the game to stop the corruption from passing on to another save.
  • Options
    @ceejay402 thanks so much! I will try these :smiley: