Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GTW UNINSTALLED ITSELF?

I just went into my game, and i got a pop up that said something about items missing, and that game data may be unavailable. Turns out Get to work expansion pack somehow is gone from my game? how do i install it? What is going on..
we way too young to get old <3

Comments

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I've been reading that OR does the same thing. I am so not buying these now!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I find the extra content I bought with the base game being removed I don't know why, sometimes it's there, but other times it's not. I don't know.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I find the extra content I bought with the base game being removed I don't know why, sometimes it's there, but other times it's not. I don't know.

This also happen to me, i just repair the EP and the Base game in origin and it Works, removing CC also helped me once.

tenor.gif
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    Omg thank you, I repaired it. It works now. :)
    we way too young to get old <3
  • foreverblackforeverblack Posts: 41 Member
    I just got the same error. Will try repairing the base game and EPs. Thanks.
  • Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited April 2015
    ive been experiencing this and im leaning toward Origin as the culprit (there seems to be a perpetual "update" cycle bug)...the solution?...there is none, BUT...launch the game and get to the main title page, then exit the game and restart (do not restart Origin)...will work that second time, every time...so far

-repairing will not help
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2015
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    ive been experiencing this and im leaning toward Origin as the culprit (there seems to be a perpetual "update" cycle bug)...the solution?...there is none, BUT...launch the game and get to the main title page, then exit the game and restart (do not restart Origin)...will work that second time, every time...so far

-repairing will not help

i agree i also think origin is probably the issue. if this happens often do try repairing the file(s) its fixing could very well it be on origin's side. and if this still doesnt stop the issue try reinstalling origin.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    When ever that happens to me, and it's happen at least 3 times now, I will open up my Origin Launcher, and find GTW and launch the game there. For some reason it will include all the content, and I can then play and start my game as normal.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    When ever that happens to me, and it's happen at least 3 times now, I will open up my Origin Launcher, and find GTW and launch the game there. For some reason it will include all the content, and I can then play and start my game as normal.
    good tip :)
  • CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    This bug happened to me also. Except I closed it then opened it again, and it came back? When it removed GTW, there was a message saying something like "We are installing packs you've installed into the game". Weird...
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• zanekroupazanekroupa Posts: 1 New Member
    My extra content is always removed after restarting my computer and I have to repair my game and ALL of my packs, very long process. I've tried restarting my game (didn't work) and restarting Origin (also didn't work). Now I'm seeing that sometimes they are just removed after using my computer when it's on sleep mode and this is a very annoying bug, please fix this!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    zanekroupa wrote: »
    My extra content is always removed after restarting my computer and I have to repair my game and ALL of my packs, very long process. I've tried restarting my game (didn't work) and restarting Origin (also didn't work). Now I'm seeing that sometimes they are just removed after using my computer when it's on sleep mode and this is a very annoying bug, please fix this!

Hello @zanekroupa
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Do you have much fee space on the hard drive where The Sims 4 is installed? If you don't, try clearing up more free space and see if that helps the issue.