Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shiny happy people - positive feedback thread

Hi, I've seen a lot of threads started by people who are very happy with the Sims 4. Many people want to say thank you to the developers or share what they are enjoying. Sadly these threads usually devolve into angry debates where one side demands the other justify itself. There are some things we agree on, like that the sims franchise is something we've all enjoyed at some point. Some things though we won't agree on, ever.
That's OK.

So I wanted to start this thread. If you are disappointed and want to offer feedback about why, please respect that some people don't feel the same way. You have every single other thread to discuss what you miss or hate about TS4. I know I think the "family play" thread is a brilliant place for those of us who miss toddlers, etc. I'm glad the players there can support each other, I hope the players here can experience that too.

If you are happy and want to share, go ahead. Say what you are enjoying, post pictures, be happy and supportive of each other. You don't have to justify why you feel like you do. Just go ahead and I hope other simmers will respect that you might have a different opinion to theirs.
Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Comments

• blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Can I just post in support of this thread \o/

(Tiptoes out)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I'm very happy with The Sims 4, and definitely want to pass along my thanks and kudos to the developers.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ooh, nice. I like this thread.

I'm very much enjoying GTW at the moment. The doctor career is back, and I'm loving it. I start a 'test' sim with each new pack. I have a female doctor sim, who's name I don't recall, which is not good but I have a habit of not remembering names. She's on level 5 of the career, I believe. Just started doing her own testing and diagnosing. She hasn't met the love of her life yet, but my sims have long lives so there's always time.

I did also start a policeman, but didn't enjoy that quite as much. I shall have to play it some more.

I'm considering starting science just to see what that's like.

Retail might have to wait until I've a family with money or forgo my fairly strict rules on cheating in games.

I haven't yet had any problems with aliens constantly abducting. My sim did get abducted once. So far, it's only the once.

I enjoy TS4 as a whole. It's enjoyable and relaxing. I don't mind the goals. I can ignore them if I wish. As I said, my sims have long lives. Thank you, Sims team.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    I'm happy and enthusiast but some details are disappointing and need to be improved or fixed.

I begin to play TS4 in Live Mode a few days ago even if I own the game since the launch.

EP01 is interesting like TS2 Open For Business and TS3 Ambitions.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I like many things about the TS4. I have always said that. I like what the GTW brought back to the game very much. I like my unemployed townies now have jobs, even my community lots I built before the EP now has some sort of employee. (Library, Gym etc.) That is very much like the TS2. Thank you.

I like I can run any type of business a want, again. Yay! Been wanting this for five years in the TS3. Wish we could have gotten it for the TS3.

Even though the new professions are very scripted, I have found ways to get around it and play my own way...thank you for not being so strict about the objectives. I have figured out I can do the ones I want to do, and the ones I think make sense and still fill that meter everyday though it is getting harder. lol But I can also not rush through the day and go outside and walk around to look at the new hidden worlds. I thank you for even in such a scripted game play I can still do some sandbox stuff, even get involved with employees at work etc. I like what I have played so far.

I actually like these Sims and their particular look starts to grow on you over time. It just does because of their silly idles etc. But wish for more fine tuning with traits and whims and emotions. So, they can actually be who I created them to be.

I'm not happy with such small worlds. But I do get out of my Sim houses and go walk around to see what I can see, and actually these areas seem pretty big, and to be honest they are big enough for me and my machine, and performance etc. I just wish I had a car, and I could edit the public spaces so there would be something fun there for me to do, instead of just looking for a rock and no one else around.

I didn't like collecting in any of these games except the TSM because that all made sense and was important to potions and wielding armor and weapons. However, I will be honest and say I did search for all the eggs, I only lack one...can't find it...argh...lol. But I like the eggs a lot as decorations in my Sims' homes.

The EP has made the game better for me. So, good job.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I'm enjoying reading what you guys have written so far. I have to admit @Cinebar I liked the easter egg hunt too. It was a great idea and the eggs and prize are very cute :) I think collecting in TSM did make more sense. Mostly I was just collecting on my way to somewhere else and it helps that it nothing was random, you could know where to find the ingredient you wanted. It's brilliant that when we download lots/rooms off the gallery collectables now don't get removed (I think, I haven't tested yet).

Also being able to sell collectables and almost everything else is very nice. It gives people another outlet for their creativity. And there are some amazingly creative people in the sims community!
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    I feel neutral since I'm just ok with the Sims 4. I neither love or hate it. So hopefully it is ok posting here. I love the family trees and basements. Thank you for making this thread.

SimGuruBChick and SimGuruDaniel seem like nice Gurus. I joined forums in December, so I don't know a lot of people.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited April 2015
    Neutrality is fine lol :D I think even most people who are ecstatic with the game want to see some things improved. I love my coffee but sometimes I need to put some sugar in it. I think constructive criticism is fine, actually I think it's good, but sometimes it's nice to mix in some positive feedback just to lighten the mood (and lessen the bitterness).

Edit: I think most simmers would agree that @SimGuruBChick and @SimGuruDaniel are both wonderful gurus :)
    I shared this with the family thread, but I was really happy after making Darren Dreamer from the Sims 2 and having him get along really well with Cassandra Goth again.

04-05-15_1-40nbspAM_zpsqo2sjkh3.png

04-08-15_1-31nbspAM_zpspgidcu54.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Aww, that's sweet! I remember the dreamer family. I don't get to see everything in the family thread because every time I come back there's over 100 new posts!
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Aww, that's sweet! I remember the dreamer family. I don't get to see everything in the family thread because every time I come back there's over 100 new posts!
    LOL yeah we are a talkative bunch of family players and always sharing family pictures of all four of the games.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Ooh, nice. I like this thread.

I'm very much enjoying GTW at the moment. The doctor career is back, and I'm loving it. I start a 'test' sim with each new pack. I have a female doctor sim, who's name I don't recall, which is not good but I have a habit of not remembering names. She's on level 5 of the career, I believe. Just started doing her own testing and diagnosing. She hasn't met the love of her life yet, but my sims have long lives so there's always time.

I did also start a policeman, but didn't enjoy that quite as much. I shall have to play it some more.

I'm considering starting science just to see what that's like.

Retail might have to wait until I've a family with money or forgo my fairly strict rules on cheating in games.

I haven't yet had any problems with aliens constantly abducting. My sim did get abducted once. So far, it's only the once.

I enjoy TS4 as a whole. It's enjoyable and relaxing. I don't mind the goals. I can ignore them if I wish. As I said, my sims have long lives. Thank you, Sims team.

You might want to check out Sim Supply's series of Let's Plays where he plays the rags to riches challenge with a single female Sim, takes away all her money after she moves into her home lot, and then she has to find ways to earn enough money, without working a job to start her store. Believe it or not, all you need is a cash register on a counter, and some product to sell. He started out with just one wall. So, you don't have to cheat if you have a Sim with an job already.

If you have a Sim in an active career, you can easily buy a cheap piece of land to set for you retail store, and start out small. Run the store only on the weekends if your doctor or detective Sim has weekends off. That way, you get a sense of the retail play. I plan to start with mannequins and sell clothes whenever I get the EP.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    I'm enjoying reading what you guys have written so far. I have to admit @Cinebar I liked the easter egg hunt too. It was a great idea and the eggs and prize are very cute :)I think collecting in TSM did make more sense. Mostly I was just collecting on my way to somewhere else and it helps that it nothing was random, you could know where to find the ingredient you wanted. It's brilliant that when we download lots/rooms off the gallery collectables now don't get removed (I think, I haven't tested yet).

Also being able to sell collectables and almost everything else is very nice. It gives people another outlet for their creativity. And there are some amazingly creative people in the sims community!

!!! Please tell me that the Egg Hunt is still in the game(?) Ever since the update, I was having so much trouble getting into my game, it wouldn't load and stuff like that... finallly after like a few days to a week.. due to work/sleeping.. I was able to get my game working again and able to play... but right now I'm in the process of starting my new Challenge. So I haven't got around to the Easter Egg hunt yet, and was wanting to do that with my Sims in my new challenge. D;

I was hoping it would at least last until the end of April. & P.S. I really love how they added this Easter egg hunt as well! I thought it was a GREAT surprise and it was something that the kids can do too (?), I don't know, but I loved this in Sims 3 and glad they brought it back... sad that it's not permanent thing though (?).
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    You have until the end of the month, but it's already the second week in April, so better get cracking! :smiley:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Oh my goodness! Well that is a relief to know I still have time. Thank you, Jarsie9, (:.
    !!! Please tell me that the Egg Hunt is still in the game(?)
    Lol, sorry for the past tense. I finished it and may or may not do it again. I possibly will since I've just started an orphanage (well more like a boarding house for kids so they can meet each other, make friends etc while I focus on their parents separately). But you have the whole month of April. I have mixed feelings about it not being permanent. On one hand it'd be weird collecting eggs all year round and take away its "specialness", but I also don't like that some people might miss out.
  • chasmari22chasmari22 Posts: 39 Member
    TS4 is great! I like this game way more then I thought I would when it was first announced. The lot building is phenomenal and addicting. I also love the modding/cc community for the amazing nonstop creativity within it. I was blown away by the complete Bath and Body works set that is compatible with the GTW expansion that someone from the community created.
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    The Sims 4 is my favourite in the series. This is why:

The sims are the prettiest! Also, I can finally costumise individual body parts. It's the first time I feel sims feel truly unique. Before, it felt sims were mostly defined by hairstyle and skin colour. And the game actually has flattering and fashionable clothing from the get-go.

The sims are so loveable! The animations are very endearing and my sims feel full of life. I cherish each one of them and hate their enemies.

Multitasking! I am in awe of multitasking. My sim can go, grab a drink, flirt and dance, all together, just like in real life. No more finishing the drink, finishing flirting and only then dancing. One sim can be working out, the other eating, standing, and both telling jokes!

Interactions. There are so many sim-to-sim interactions, like never before! It's not the boring Chat, Tell Joke, Chat, Tell Joke...

Emotions. I love the emotions and how they are reflected in the sims' faces and the way the sims walk, dance, swim...

Family play. Sims are always talking and interacting, even while performing other activities. I do miss toddlers, but, going from The Sims 3, where sims where absolutely oblivious to each other, and my current very loving and interactive family, I appreciate it.

Building. Pools and basements went above and beyond. And I no longer feel frustrated. If at the late stages of building I decide to change things structurally, I do not need to tear everything down and start over, as it used to be before.
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I like many things about the TS4. I have always said that. I like what the GTW brought back to the game very much. I like my unemployed townies now have jobs, even my community lots I built before the EP now has some sort of employee. (Library, Gym etc.) That is very much like the TS2. Thank you.

I like I can run any type of business a want, again. Yay! Been wanting this for five years in the TS3. Wish we could have gotten it for the TS3.

Even though the new professions are very scripted, I have found ways to get around it and play my own way...thank you for not being so strict about the objectives. I have figured out I can do the ones I want to do, and the ones I think make sense and still fill that meter everyday though it is getting harder. lol But I can also not rush through the day and go outside and walk around to look at the new hidden worlds. I thank you for even in such a scripted game play I can still do some sandbox stuff, even get involved with employees at work etc. I like what I have played so far.

I actually like these Sims and their particular look starts to grow on you over time. It just does because of their silly idles etc. But wish for more fine tuning with traits and whims and emotions. So, they can actually be who I created them to be.

I'm not happy with such small worlds. But I do get out of my Sim houses and go walk around to see what I can see, and actually these areas seem pretty big, and to be honest they are big enough for me and my machine, and performance etc. I just wish I had a car, and I could edit the public spaces so there would be something fun there for me to do, instead of just looking for a rock and no one else around.

I didn't like collecting in any of these games except the TSM because that all made sense and was important to potions and wielding armor and weapons. However, I will be honest and say I did search for all the eggs, I only lack one...can't find it...argh...lol. But I like the eggs a lot as decorations in my Sims' homes.

The EP has made the game better for me. So, good job.

I didn't like OFB and Ambitions that much, but, I have to say, I am enjoying GTW very much. First, because there has never been an EP with so many new CAS and Build/Buy items! Also, the new active careers have much more depth than they did in Ambitions. Finally, I am really enjoying having a bakery because cooking in TS4 has many more options and lovely animations.

I also love how Game Packs offer more for the price of a Stuff Pack.

• JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    2hz4nyx.pngI love The Sims 4 for wonderful moments like this traditional wedding, complete with beautiful (pregnant) Sim. Only thing missing was a proper white shotgun. ;)
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Family play. Sims are always talking and interacting, even while performing other activities. I do miss toddlers, but, going from The Sims 3, where sims where absolutely oblivious to each other, and my current very loving and interactive family, I appreciate it.

I notice this so much! I love how my TS4 Sims enjoy each other's company and like to be near each other, interacting all the time. Brings whole new meaning to playing families. Parents are always hugging their kids and couples are showing each other affection without me directing them. They have a great desire for bonding together. I like that.

I've been playing the Detective career for a week now and enjoying it very much. Haven't tried the Science or Medical careers yet, but looking forward to those, too. I just started playing with another new family I made, the Bakehearts, a brother and sister. They are going to open up a Bakery, so I will give that a try. The name of the Bakery they want to buy is called the "Pastry Palace." Right now I'm getting their baking skills up a bit before they open up shop. Using the cupcake machine is so fun, especially with the variety of pastries, donuts, and breads you can make. They look so tasty! :p The brother, Nigel, is also practicing mixology, which he loves. I often find him at the bar, mixing drinks on his own. He puts what he makes into the fridge, and sister drinks them all up! Hee hee! :p

Here are Colette and Nigel Bakeheart enjoying some cupcakes in their backyard:
    04-07-15_12-37nbspPM_zpsozyzentw.png

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited April 2015
    I do like they interact just a tiny bit more than Sims 3...even though they overdid it with the constant chat options, hehe. :p

With sims 3, sometimes I feel that occasionally my sims are just distant roommates. I didn't always enjoy micromanaging them so much just so they could sit and eat together as a family, etc. BUT!: at least with Sims 3, if a family member dies or cheats, the family finally get their act together and act like they CARE, lol!

I felt more attachment to Sims 2, because I like the more autonomous actions (and better emotions and more variety of interactions). It's why I was interested in the Story Progression portion of Sims 3 (even if EA's version is a bit...er, broken?).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I am enjoying sims 4 for many, many reasons. The game pack and EP definitely helped. I've only done retail and science career level 3 so far. So much more for me to do.:)
    But, I'd like toddlers and for my sims to knock on the neighbors door without a load screen. Not a deal breakers though... ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie