Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(02/02/17) SpecterCody's Showcase - Rococo Retreat (pg.15)

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Fairy Tale Tudor and Darling Medieval are both very nice homes! :) The exterior designs of them both are somvery nice! It is nice that you have revamped your first bulld using items from Get Together. It looks so very nice! Darling Medieval is so very pretty! The roofing looks so very nice! Very nice exterior wall texture and patterning. The layout of the outdoors areas looks so nice! The water feature areas, the fountains and vases of flowers in the front areas of the home looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The brown and green colour scheme of the interior looks very nice. Very nice dining alcove area! The green curtains on the windows there give a nice look to the area. The candles and fruit bowl on the dining table are nice touches for sims to see when eating their meals . The texture of the walls looks nice. Very nice kitchen! The cabinets look nice how they are placed on the wall. Very nice window alcove games and bar nook! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows. They will have fun there playing foosball! The living room is very nice! Nice sofa seat sitting alcove nook . The new picture on the fireplace wall is nice for sims to see when sitting relaxing in front of the fire. The knight looks great in the room! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The type of and placement of the curtains there looks very nice. The patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the rooms.
    The homes are very nice! :)
  • SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    edited December 2015
    @rosemow Thank you rose! :smile: I'm glad you really enjoy all the details, I tried to be thorough and give some love to every nook and cranny. Thanks for always commenting!
    edited December 2015
    Rapunzel's Retreat - "After escaping her lofty prison, Rapunzel decided living close to the clouds wasn't so bad. She had this tower built and loved it for years until she sadly tripped on her hair and fell off the balcony. Is your Sim brave enough to live the high life?"

After fiddling around with a tower design I attempted to create a rather large castle using the new lot sizes. I was generally unhappy with the 4 story height limit so I compacted the tower into a very thin and tall design that I grew organically. It ended up looking like something Rapunzel might live in so I went with it and had a blast. I went from a 64x64 lot to a 20x20 and fit all that I could in this extremely narrow tower. Its definitely playable but not as ideal as your typical home due to the very tall and compact rooms and the way the game handles the camera when on the upper floors. Hopefully it fits someones fairy-tale :smile:

*It is playtested and works fine
    *Please turn on bb.moveobjects before pasting it in your lot

You can download it here

Here are some images however I recommend looking in-game also!

GLOqRJE.png

RxzmXyB.png

ETMTm7b.png

uiEpLgc.png

1MxIxIs.png

9yj4fAe.png

fmOZnEl.png

td7gST4.png

afl6ZiC.png

Hu3hapZ.png

2TXtKJb.png

2C74mye.png

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think :smile:
    Rapunzel's Tower is so very pretty! :) The exterior design of it as a narrow tower looks very great! The greenery and flowers look very nice on the exterior walls. The layout of the build looks so very nice! The texture of the exterior gives a nice look to the bulld. Very nice roofing! The stairs look great how they are placed in the build. The dome roofing over one of the porch areas looks very nice! The yellow flower boxes look very pretty there! The outdoors areas look so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen is very nice! The flowers on the counters are pretty for sims to see when cooking in the room. They will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows at the outdoors views. The banner shield is a nice touch on the wall. The wall and flooring textures through the rooms looks nice. Very nice dining room! The pictures on the walls are nice for sims to see when dining at the table, and the fruit bowl is a nice touch on the table. The curtains look very nice in this room and other rooms of the hone. Very nice furnishing of the living room! The fireplace nook is very nice! It looks very nice how the pictures are placed on the wall! The kmights look great standing guard either sides of the fireplace! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there, watching tv in front of the fire. The layout and furnishing of the bedrooms looks very nice! Very nice armchairs window sitting alcoves! The grandfather clock is homely in the bedroom. The placement of the pictures on the wall in the bedroom looks so very nice! Nice study desk table nook in the room. The candlelights are nice touches in the rooms.
    The home is very nice! :)
    edited December 2015
    Throne of Winter - A very special thanks to everyone who helped me reach over 500 followers, 50,000 downloads and 50 creations! Its time to celebrate with my most ambitious project, an icey cold castle fit for a cool king! Its not perfect but I spent a lot of time tweaking it and doing my best so I hope you all enjoy! Its fully playtested but make sure you place in your game while using the bb.moveobjects cheat!

You can download it here

You will absolutely need Get Together to use this as its on the 64x64 lot. Other packs aren't as emphasized but still used.

Here are several images but I recommend checking out in-game if you have the chance:

sDB1pZt.png

zeiET9D.png

havedzn.png

muqBOs4.png

eXFxTw0.png

5v21E1G.png

j2jKjdJ.png

QTfrQhi.png

IddAqq5.png

xzRRphH.png

yaHS43E.png

mfNKtF4.png

tGohckt.png

aTHWD7c.png

in0X3Cg.png

NGVuKOM.png

2cRinMz.png

LxDCZWT.png

As always, thanks for the support! :smile:
    Congratulations on 500 followers, 50000 downloads and 50 creations! :) That is very exciting! Throne of Winter is such a very grand build! :) The design and layout of the build looks so very nice! The roof steeples, the towers and the front pathway entrance looks so very nice! It looks very nice how the castle is surrounded by water. The lit up white trees in the outdoors looks very pretty! Very nice roof covered front gateway! The ballerina girl statues look very nice there. The detailed design of the exterior would have involved a lot of work! It looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the castle! Each of the rooms and areas of the build are very nice! The blue and white colour scheme of the interior looks very nice. The knights statues look great standing guard in the rooms! The throne room looks very great! It looks very nice how the throne is placed there with the armchairs either sides of it. The snowflakes are pretty touches on the windows in the home. The spandrels look very nice how they are used in the throne area. The flooring pattern looks great! Very nice master bedroom ! The wall paneling looks nice, and the type of and placement of the blue curtains in the room looks very nice. The spandrels look great around the bed! Nice armchairs sitting area in the room. The music room and the living room is very nice! Very nice sitting areas in the rooms for sims to enjoy resting there listeming to the music of the piano being played or enjoy sitting on fromt of the fire having a chat or on an armchair reading a book . The windows alcove with the curtained windows and the sofas looks so very nice! Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed on the walls! The large square dining table in the dining room looks nice. It looks nice how there are seats on each side of it, for sims to enjoy sitting together eating a meal. The flowers and candles are a nice touch on the table for sims to see when enjoying eating a meal there. The type of and placement of the curtains through the rooms of the home are so very nice!
    The home is very detailed and very nice! :)
    @rosemow Thank you rose! It did take a while so I'm happy you appreciate it. Glad you noticed all the details I put in the interior also. :smile:
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @SpecterCody I havent caught up much with your builds but omg I love this new one wow
    see its builds like this is why you are my fav builder <3 Well done it looks absolutely amazing
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOWZA Cody! I am blown away by your latest creations! Love your tudor builds. My favourite is Rapunzel's Retreat! The Throne of Winter is just spectacular! Well done! Already added all of them to my favourites. <3 Happy Holidays to you and your family! :)
    @Cbear13 Thanks so much cbear, this made my day :smile:

@yanti68 Nice to see you again yanti, thanks for checking my new work. Ive had a blast with the new pack and I hope you get to as well :smile: Happy holidays right back at you too! Hoping you have a fun and safe time :smiley:
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Throne of Winter is a spectacular build, absolutely love the detailed and intricate architecture and the interior design is stunning, very palatial :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo Thanks! It was very rewarding to finish it. I appreciate the support :smile:
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Such a Stunning castle! Gorgeously designed and decorated. The whites and blues are Perfect for this icy work of art. :blush:
    @rosemow Thanks a bunch for the heads-up! Its another nice surprise. Shoutout to @Cbear13 for holding the contest! :smile:
    @SpecterCody congrats i was so happy when i saw the fav so well deserved your such an amazing builder
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cody, I'm ridiculously late, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your most recent builds. In particular, I really loved Darling Medieval and Throne of Winter - they both had such a strong visual impact, and the details are great too. Hope all is going well for you in the New Year so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Stunning new builds with wonderful attention to detail. :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav! WOOT! WOOT! :D
    In general, sorry for late replies everyone! I wont be very active right now but I still appreciate the support.

@BryonyRae Hehe its ok, I'm late to reply also! I appreciate the compliments. I know you really appreciate details and do great work yourself :smile:
    @follyfoot thanks for stopping by to look :smile:

@yanti68 Thanks! I'm a bit surprised they seem to have found my work again hehe.

@rosemow Thanks for the updates as usual rose! Its always a nice surprise to see :smiley:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I became curious, also because I love that building on the left in your signature, and fell in love at page one <3 I'm going to try rebuilding it in 3, it's so sweet. And download it from your gallery when I start playing 4 again. The rest of the pages are for later, because my iPad is a bit slow ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 Thanks for the kind words :smile: I hope you have fun recreating it!
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    You've got some amazing talent, Cody. Just caught up and your Tudor builds are spot on full of detail and life. Great of ivy on those builds and Rapunzel's tunnel. Winter Throne looks gorgeous! Excellent lighting! Clever use of MOO. Love the throne!
    5sXtTqH.png
    Your Gilded Garden Pub is amazing I love all the detail on the exterior its so cute, Ive started actually playing alot again lately especially since the restaurant pack came out so I have added this restaurant to my play save. Such a beautiful job creating it (from one of your biggest fans) xo