Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

False and Misleading Demo Details

So I was just watching Youtube and came across official gameplay demos. And I was wondering- why can't our suspects change into orange jumpsuits when we book them? Why don't I get promotion points for "searching, fingerprinting, and taking a mugshot" of the criminal I arrested? It would make it more fulfilling after all the work I put into finding them! Also- The "Still Life" video is so beautiful. The first time I saw it, I thought "Wow, I can't wait to play my own retail store! There's so much stuff to put in it and I can make my own Mannequin story!" Hahahaha- Just kidding. Anyone know how to make their Mannequin stand on a pedestal? None of the pedestals that came with the game actually allow it/ Moveobjects on no longer works.. so I am at a loss. Also- my happiness over all the stuff they added for the retail career- just kidding! There is one set of folded up shirts! One. ...with about 3 recolors.. which ok- that would work, IF I was able to put it all across the shelf! Why in the world did they make the "retail" shelves only able to shelf an item on the two ends and then on the level above it, is beyond me! And so frustrating as a player who wants to showcase a store layout-which looks realistic. I have since downloaded CC which makes my store look more realistic and a "dresser closet" with shelving to add an elegant feel to my store. Its sad I had to turn to CC to make my store look like a store after a "retail themed pack" was released. Just sayin.

Comments

• Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    I did get promotion points for searching, fingerprinting, and taking the mugshot...........and my criminal did change into orange........after interrogation and arrest. I didn't get to do the 2 latter things with the first case though. I have noticed with the cop and science career you must do the actions in the prompt box in the upper left hand corner as they appear and not try to just do them on your own as they don't count and you might not get it to pop up again. I had an easier time with the science career, but I'm starting to get the hang of the cop one now.

I haven't tried retail yet or the hospital. I did try to go shop to look around and as a customer, it left much to be desired. I'm not sure if I can fix that as a shop owner or not.

The game play rarely is like the promos. The bits of game play are there but the cinematic are such that they appear to work differently or flow in a different way than in reality. It's always been that way to some extent, although it has been much worse with sims 3 and 4.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The still life video was a prime example of crafty editing. The only way to get a mannequin on a display is with moo, and manually moving them up using the 9 key. This however breaks their functionality and sims will get route failure if they try to interact with them.

In my opinion, since a big chunk of the game is centered around retail and specifically clothes shopping; they could have added more retail clutter so that I don't have the same folded shirts on all of my displays. A couple of decorative clothing racks would have been cool too.
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Anyone know how to make their Mannequin stand on a pedestal?

No. I tried, unsucessfully. If anyone knows how, I am interested.