Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone having this issue with the cupcake machine?

When I go to place it on a retail lot. that I built. It closes sims4. And shuts down.
04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Hello.
    Other simmers have been experiencing the same issue. They have found that it helps if you place the cupcake machine outdoors, then bring the baked items inside.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    mrln1975 wrote: »
    When I go to place it on a retail lot. that I built. It closes sims4. And shuts down.

try lowering in game graphics as well, good luck
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    Good to know I;m not the only one. I don't remember if I tried to place it outside. It might be for home lot only. I hope they patch it. Thank you.rosemow and ceejay402.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • HeidelbeermarmeladeHeidelbeermarmelade Posts: 161 Member
    Good to know I;m not the only one. I don't remember if I tried to place it outside. It might be for home lot only. I hope they patch it. Thank you.rosemow and ceejay402.

It seems not to be for residential lots only. I've one at my retail lot and it works fine. I didn't place it at the outside first. It went directly into the basement of my bakery. So it unfortunately really seems to be a bug. Hope for you they'll fix it with the next patch.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No issues with my cupcake machine in the bakery.

It seems not to be for residential lots only. I've one at my retail lot and it works fine. I didn't place it at the outside first. It went directly into the basement of my bakery. So it unfortunately really seems to be a bug. Hope for you they'll fix it with the next patch.

Do try lowering in game graphic settings it helps many
  • lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    I have mine on my home lot on my patio and it's working fine.
    ceejay402 wrote: »

I don't have this bug. ;):)

Sorry speed reading though for the record I'm not sure its a bug it could be a poorly designed object

Sorry speed reading though for the record I'm not sure its a bug it could be a poorly designed object

That's possible. Nevertheless I hope they'll fix it as soon as they can. The cupcake machine is so much fun - would be nice if every player could use it without it crashing their game.
  • domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    A have one small issue with it, but not this particular one. Sometimes when I click my sims food need he'll go for the cupcake machine, and I'm then unable to cancel his action. If I iniciate the action myself, it works just as normal.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
    Just tested it. Placed it on my home lot inside the house. Shut off my game. Placed it outside my home lot. Works fine. Will test it on retail lot next.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
    Made a basement. Placed it and it shuts off. I removed my mods. Before I did this. I only had npc gardner and repairman. Those had nothing to do with this item. Next retail lot.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
    I went to retail. It works outside only. I then went to build a wall around it. Because there was no room for it. Just shut off my game. Guess you can't have it a part of the building. Only outside by itself. It looks dumb. I wish I could have placed it inside the bakery.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
    Then that's for sure a bug. As I said: in my game it works fine - at residential and retail lots, in basements and in rooms above.
  • enchanted81enchanted81 Posts: 31 Member
    I haven't placed one in a retail lot yet. I currently have one inside my house, in a room of it's own, and it's working as intended.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2015
    @mrin1975 - Have you tried turning your graphics options down? A couple of reports suggest the cupcake crash could be related to that. (My apologies if you already said you tried this and I missed it)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @mrin1975 - Have you tried turning your graphics options down? A couple of reports suggest the cupcake crash could be related to that. (My apologies if you already said you tried this and I missed it)
    I will try that next. But I should not have to turn my graphics down. I bought a gaming computer. so I could play on high. And It makes me wonder why some can use it with no problems.

04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png