Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It feels like ideas are 80% done

Anybody else feel like there are some great ideas and content introduced, but nothing is followed through with? For example:
- OR introduces rental properties. Wouldn't it be great if we could rent anywhere and build whatever lot we like anywhere (including residential in Granite Falls)?
- Stores & jail cells but no locks
- Bakeries but no restaurants
- Photo studio but only 2 sims at a time
- Aliens but only scientist can switch them off (and has to every 24 hours)
- Hospital receptionist checks people in (groups patients together), but should tell them to sit down (or play with toys if a child)
- Police not linked to criminal
- Poor npc implementation and not enough npcs (a photographer would be nice as would a gardener, repairman, burglar)
- Schools but no uniforms
- Vehicles on road but can't have a car-pool/school-bus drop by to pick up our sims?
Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Comments

• MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    No shame in 80 marks.
  • CherynobleCherynoble Posts: 28 Member
    I agree there are a lot of stuff here with missing pieces here and there
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Liking all your points @Shaobun. I am still enjoying it immensely at the moment, but the one glaring omission from this pack that stands out to me the most is locking doors. Aaaaarrrrggghhh!

At least customers are not going down to the basement kitchen in my bakery, but it really irks me when they go behind the counter. I don't want to have to wall in my sims every work day!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty upset when there weren't any burglars. All this money and nothing to spend it on :(
    I was also pretty upset I couldn't even have the group option with a camera only, and that the group is defined as "two" and not like 5 or 8.
    ... I want family pictures so bad. ;_;
    Shaobun wrote: »
    But this isn't a maths exam. That lacking 20% can make a huge difference to whether a game is enjoyable or just frustrating.

80% is never frustrating. I could only wish all my wishes came true 80% of the time. :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cash registers that can't ring up customers too. I do agree all the features you did list need to be improved on. I also heard the disguises don't work well for the aliens which is sad the spawn rate of them makes them not feel as rare and special.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    No shame in 80 marks.
    Also, this isn't a "score". If you do 80% of the working out for a question and you don't finish it sometimes you get "0" because you didn't answer the question. You might get some points for trying but TS4 is far from an 8/10 for me.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
    No shame in 80 marks.
    Also, this isn't a "score". If you do 80% of the working out for a question and you don't finish it sometimes you get "0" because you didn't answer the question. You might get some points for trying but TS4 is far from an 8/10 for me.

If that is so, you named your thread poorly, because that is exactly the idea it conveys. You might consider changing it, to better express your actual stance. :)
    If that is so, you named your thread poorly, because that is exactly the idea it conveys. You might consider changing it, to better express your actual stance. :)
    How would you re-word "it feels like ideas are 80% done" to better reflect I think these ideas are 80% done? Don't say I worded my thread poorly just because you misunderstood. You're welcome to say it wasn't clear to you, or that you think it could be clearer. But don't state "you named your thread poorly" like it's a fact. I think it's extremely clear (see, "I think" two little words that make it clear this is an opinion).

Could I explain my thoughts clearer? Yes, and I did because now you understand my view. If you can think of a better heading go ahead. I can think of a few clearer ones but they sound more negative than I intended this thread to be. I am disappointed but not ranting (except about you maybe).
    How would you re-word "it feels like ideas are 80% done" to better reflect I think these ideas are 80% done?

80% is quite an achievement. If only all things in life fufilled 80% of our expectations. I take it, then, if that is the exact wording, that you might be very pleased and content. I am too very glad with the game. :) I must prepare lunch or my family now. I hope you have a lovely day.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Anybody else feel like there are some great ideas and content introduced, but nothing is followed through with? For example:
    - OR introduces rental properties. Wouldn't it be great if we could rent anywhere and build whatever lot we like anywhere (including residential in Granite Falls)?
    - Hospital receptionist checks people in (groups patients together), but should tell them to sit down (or play with toys if a child)
    - Poor npc implementation and not enough npcs (a photographer would be nice as would a gardener, repairman, burglar)
    - Vehicles on road but can't have a car-pool/school-bus drop by to pick up our sims?

Yes, I do feel that way too because that is what I see from the content...
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2015
    How would you re-word "it feels like ideas are 80% done" to better reflect I think these ideas are 80% done?

80% is quite an achievement. If only all things in life fufilled 80% of our expectations. I take it, then, if that is the exact wording, that you might be very pleased and content. I am too very glad with the game. :) I must prepare lunch or my family now. I hope you have a lovely day.

I believe they are saying 80% to convey that the ideas are unfinished, not that they are actually a complete 80%. You are taking this too literally, unless I am completely wrong about what the OP is trying to say.
    DarkMirage wrote: »

So you would be content if your doctor only knew 80 percent of a surgery he was performing on you or a family member? Good to know.

I have higher standards than that, especially if I am paying for something.

Again, if 80% of life went my way, I'd be so pleased.

And if only the doctor could have promised me an 80% chance for my father when he died on the table... :(
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    Half baked AAA games charging a premium price is not okay nor acceptable by me.
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    I have higher standards than that, especially if I am paying for something.

I hope you have a lovely day too, and not 80% of a lovely day which would probably mean it wasn't lovely at all (since it never fulfilled the requirement to become lovely). Also if all things in life fulfilled 80% of our expectations, our expectations would never be met. Either you have very high expectations or you handle disappointment really well. Personally I am quite cynical and believe most of my low expectations will be fulfilled. I hope that sometimes they will be exceeded.
    Again, if 80% of life went my way, I'd be so pleased.

And if only the doctor could have promised me an 80% chance for my father when he died on the table... :(
    Just to make this a bit clearer to you, think of 80% as a -20% to everything. So if your father had a 10% chance of survival he would've had 8% instead. He died either way (my condolences by the way, I don't like using this example but it's been given, I hope it was peaceful and you & your family got to say goodbye and part on good terms). If it was me I would've liked to have that extra 2% chance that he'd live, no matter how small.

I could've titled this thread "it feels like ideas are 20% incomplete" but like I was saying before, that sounds more negative.
  • AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    It is a big big pity that EA/Maxis didn't fix/mend/add in the already expected content and features before adding game packs and expansions. They're really just adding to their workload by having to now, fix/mend/add issues with the new content.

I haven't got the newest expansion so I can't comment on it much. But from what you have said I agree that it's pretty bad. When you pay for something, you expect it to be of decent quality, especially for the price EA charge.

80% done on an expansion and about 60% done on the game overall (in my opinion) ... Doesn't really make for a good reason to invest more money.
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.
    @AgathaUdimo I totally agree
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I haven't played GTW yet, because there was a delay with my order, but judging from all the past games, I totally understand what you mean. I'd love school uniforms and NCPs photographers or gardeners. Especially gardeners, because it's so frustrating to watch my Sims tend their garden even with the SuperSpeed Mod. I wish the developers were more aware of the problems, or at least I wish they worked harder to fix them, now they're just adding more glitches to the old ones. I try to remain optimistic though.
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    @Shaobun : We meet again! :) . I agree, everything seems to be done to a "bare minimum" level instead of an attention to detail approach that finishes a job properly. I find it hard to believe that competent game programmers can continue to produce such lazy, shoddy work with a large number of complaints about the first EP's many shortcomings already so I am forced to conclude that this bunch are incompetent or inexperienced - or both. Where did the quality go?
    KevWalker wrote: »
    @Shaobun : We meet again! :) . I agree, everything seems to be done to a "bare minimum" level instead of an attention to detail approach that finishes a job properly. I find it hard to believe that competent game programmers can continue to produce such lazy, shoddy work with a large number of complaints about the first EP's many shortcomings already so I am forced to conclude that this bunch are incompetent or inexperienced - or both. Where did the quality go?
    Lol! My nemesis! It's good to see you :smile: don't worry about my arguing with Marianne, nobody could ever replace you! Do you only turn up when I'm cranky? Anyway, I'm glad we agree (on this ;) )
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    Liking all your points @Shaobun. I am still enjoying it immensely at the moment, but the one glaring omission from this pack that stands out to me the most is locking doors. Aaaaarrrrggghhh!

At least customers are not going down to the basement kitchen in my bakery, but it really irks me when they go behind the counter. I don't want to have to wall in my sims every work day!
    I have the exact same problem and it's making my bakery really annoying and not much fun. I have my kitchen behind the counters (it's a small bakery) and I wanted to have my Sims do the baking while my employee talks to them and help them make a purchase but I can't when there are all these Sims behind the counter and try to talk too my sim.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I belive only private schools make kids wear uniforms... at least here.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1