Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Binary Tuning / Sim Data Resource (0x545ac67a and 0x62e94d38)

SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Please find attached the bt file for version 257 of "Sim Data" resource AKA Binary Tuning (types 0x545ac67a and 0x62e94d38).
With the release of patch 1.5.139.1020 (03/26/2015) this format replaces the old XML version of combined tuning (type 0x62e94d38).

Thanks,
SGMS
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    How can i open this?
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Google for "010 editor".
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi,

Here is an updated file for this resource. The version number did not change, but support for variant tuning was added with the 1.28 patch.

-SGMS
  • frankkmodsfrankkmods Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, sorry to revive an old thread, but this seems to be the best/most relevant place to ask this: Is there an updated .bt file for the SimData resource?

I'm working on a tool to read SimDatas, and the .bt posted in August 2018 seems to be missing some pieces. Following that .bt, my tool can read the majority of a SimData file correctly, but it's missing two distinct chunks of bytes.

The first is a group of 4 bytes that come after the unused 0xFFFFFFFF (these 4 bytes also appear to be unused, always being 0x00000000).

The second is a relatively large chunk of non-null bytes that appear between the TableInfo and first TableData. These bytes are not accounted for at all with the current .bt, and I'm unsure what to make of them.

Thanks!
  • Denton47Denton47 Posts: 18 Member
    frankkmods wrote: »
    Hello, sorry to revive an old thread, but this seems to be the best/most relevant place to ask this: Is there an updated .bt file for the SimData resource?

I'm working on a tool to read SimDatas, and the .bt posted in August 2018 seems to be missing some pieces. Following that .bt, my tool can read the majority of a SimData file correctly, but it's missing two distinct chunks of bytes.

The first is a group of 4 bytes that come after the unused 0xFFFFFFFF (these 4 bytes also appear to be unused, always being 0x00000000).

The second is a relatively large chunk of non-null bytes that appear between the TableInfo and first TableData. These bytes are not accounted for at all with the current .bt, and I'm unsure what to make of them.

Thanks!

The last posted .bt should still be valid, I use it in a tool I made to search the combined tuning resources, what you are seeing is probably just random data from memory used for padding/alignment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top