Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a trick to getting employees to actually ring up customers?

Am I just missing something or not doing it right? I have two employees and I can't get either one to actually ring up customers. All they want to do is chat with them. I assign them to ring customers up and they have high work ethic but all they want to do is talk to customers. I can't ring everyone up before they get mad and leave but it says my employees aren't slacking. Any help?
5fhzzo.jpg

Comments

• rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    where did you get the stacks of book. I would like to get those for my book store
  • phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    @rtucker They're in buydebug. There are ones on top of stacks and also single books that will stand up on a stand when you place them. I loved placing all the individual books. It makes it look really great.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    Oh cool. wow, thanks for that I check it out.
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    @rtucker They're in buydebug. There are ones on top of stacks and also single books that will stand up on a stand when you place them. I loved placing all the individual books. It makes it look really great.

I'm glad my idea helped you. :smirk:

Thanks for telling me how to get to them. My store looks great thanks to you. :blush:
    5fhzzo.jpg
    Your female sim is really pretty. It's frustrating because my sim is losing sales. At one point my employee looked directly at a sim needing to check out, then walked away to talk to other customers. If they're set to ring up customers, they should do that job.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    I'm having the same problem and I'm just flying around the thread hoping to find an answer...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Am I just missing something or not doing it right? I have two employees and I can't get either one to actually ring up customers. All they want to do is chat with them. I assign them to ring customers up and they have high work ethic but all they want to do is talk to customers. I can't ring everyone up before they get mad and leave but it says my employees aren't slacking. Any help?

But what is their skill level? Those with half way full bars do much better but it still a problem with group talk though in this game. You need to look at both not just work ethic.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar One has a high sales skill, like either completely full or needs one more level, but only medium work ethic. The other does have a really high work ethic but kind of low sales. I guess they need to have high in both to actually do their tasks? I just thought if you assigned them a job, they would do that job as long as they weren't slacking.
    5fhzzo.jpg
    @Cinebar One has a high sales skill, like either completely full or needs one more level, but only medium work ethic. The other does have a really high work ethic but kind of low sales. I guess they need to have high in both to actually do their tasks? I just thought if you assigned them a job, they would do that job as long as they weren't slacking.

No, they are like pets in The Sims, lol, they either needed to be scolded or praised. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I wish that I knew!!! I've got one employee with good work ethic and she rings up customers. She's slower about it...as in she doesn't race there like I would with my sim.

She does slack off though and there was one day where she sat talking to customers and doing nothing and there was no option to berate for slacking. Ugh!

So frustrating.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    Yeah, it sucks that I can't berate them for slacking. Even if they are talking to customers, they're still not doing the job they were assigned, which I would call slacking. I did praise one lady and her sales skill went up, but the ringing up customers just can't seem to happen.
    5fhzzo.jpg
    If I have an employee I make them clean and restock. I take care of everything else, it just works out better for me to control.
  • fozzybear98fozzybear98 Posts: 110 Member
    I'm having the same issue as well. I have two employees. One was promoted up because he got to 3 bars in work ethics. I assign him to ring up customers and all he does is chat. Lost lots of customers because my owner sim is the only one checking them out. The second employee needs to be fired. All she does is chat, no matter what I assign to her. It gets frustrating watching npc sims walk out mad without their wanted items.

On a side note, is there a way to check your own Sim's work bars? I would love to see how my Sim is doing in the three different categories. Thx!

P.S. There are a few threads about this same thing. I hope that it can be fixed.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    There seems to be an issue with employees at the moment. The developers are currently looking into it. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • lookluvlookluv Posts: 10 New Member
    I've read it helps when you have household members helping in the shop. The employe es are just rubbish! Get paid to chat!
  • gabrielle11581gabrielle11581 Posts: 2 New Member
    your employee is actually ringing the customer! they ring them up personally not at the cash register! If u are the only one click on them and it will say ring up customer! the customer should also have something over there head like a shopping cart! :D your Answer right there!
    I found that if you are willing to pay a huge amount for the employee Sims that have more filled bars, then they do ring up customers when assigned. But they are still very very slow at going over to them (the customers with the blue shopping cart above their heads). I'm still losing some sells, but I did some skill cheats on my Sim and she is topped out in the three categories, so it doesn't take her too long to ring up customers now.
    Thanks gabrielle but I already said the employees are just chatting, not ringing up customers. I know they don't use the register. Like I said, I ring them up myself buy there are too many customers ready to check out for my one sim to get to. They leave mad and I lose the sale cause my employ
    5fhzzo.jpg
    I found that if you are willing to pay a huge amount for the employee Sims that have more filled bars, then they do ring up customers when assigned. But they are still very very slow at going over to them (the customers with the blue shopping cart above their heads). I'm still losing some sells, but I did some skill cheats on my Sim and she is topped out in the three categories, so it doesn't take her too long to ring up customers now.

Thanks. I got the ones with the highest skills available billy I didn't have much to choose from. Guess I just need to try to build up their skills.
    5fhzzo.jpg
    Spoiler Alert... the following are cheats for maxing out the Get to Work Retail skills:

stats.set_skill_level retail_workethic 5
    stats.set_skill_level retail_maintenance 5
    stats.set_skill_level retail_sales 5

At least if you max your Sim, then they are a bit quicker at ringing out the customers. As your employee(s) finally advance, make sure you praise them. When they do ring up a customer, praise them. This seems to reinforce the "good" behavior. (sigh) Or at least I hope it does.
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If I have an employee I make them clean and restock. I take care of everything else, it just works out better for me to control.

I did the same thing. Seemed to work fine for me too.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    You can usually tell when they're about to ring up a customer.

For me, I usually put them to task on "answer questions", and right when a customer is ready to order, I go and put them to task on "ring up customers", and it tends to be a greater chance that they go and ring up the customer.

If I see them talking to people while someone is ready to order, I will manually click them and choose to give them praise or something, and then cancel right after they stop whatever they are doing ... sometimes that helps cancel their action queue and they will ring up a customer right after.

All the devs really need to do is make the retail actions take priority over the autonomous, social interactions. The lower the work ethic, the less probability, but at the highest work ethic level, there should be very little chance that the employee gets distracted.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Spoiler Alert... the following are cheats for maxing out the Get to Work Retail skills:

stats.set_skill_level retail_workethic 5
    stats.set_skill_level retail_maintenance 5
    stats.set_skill_level retail_sales 5

At least if you max your Sim, then they are a bit quicker at ringing out the customers. As your employee(s) finally advance, make sure you praise them. When they do ring up a customer, praise them. This seems to reinforce the "good" behavior. (sigh) Or at least I hope it does.

This is very helpful. Thank you @fozzybear98
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I was watching this guy on youtube play a challenge while playing with the store. Hes SimSupply. i think i heard him say that some guru had said that this was a bug.
    Well if it is, I hope they fix it soon. My one sim can only do so much of the work.
    5fhzzo.jpg