Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs and Glitches

Sims get stuck walking through the front door;
The house is still quite small so the single width front door is on a 45 degree wall with the fridge/kitchen on the 90 degree one square away, and the bathroom two squares away in the other direction. Sims get half way through the door and just stop... :s

Fridge just stops making meals;
The fridge (basic model) takes money for the cook option but the sim never actually makes anything! Sims can open the fridge from anywhere in the room without approaching the fridge too. :#

A large amount of objects breaks the inventory;
Scientist sims have been busy gathering large amounts of vegetables, slides, minerals and gems to fund research. After a certain time all the inventory drops down an inch with a large gap at the top and you can no longer scroll through the inventory... >:)

Labels on large amounts of stuff are blank;
Many of the new options have labels that are nothing more than white labels and some stuff in the inventory has *debug*[number] as a label. Stores are the worst! All the controls for hiring/running the store are blank! :|

A long walk for a short conversation;
Sims will automatically want to talk to someone sitting down, usually quite close, but they walk out the front door and around the house to get to them... crazy! :p

Scientists ask for work stuff that seems impossible;
Scientist sims need stuff (DNA) from work colleagues that won't give and the work day is too short to make friends. Surprise! Your level 3 sim earned 35$ today because your work options plum! :o

Comments

• tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Child prodigy glitch;
    The child musician with a violin that tries to write their own music will become STUCK, you cannot cancel that action until the music piece is FINISHED or until the child falls asleep, starves or wets themselves! You slave drivers... :wink:
    Sim kids can't use medicine;
    This would make sense as such, except it's a whim that can't be filled!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    do you have any CC or mods? Some will no longer work with the new patch

make sure origin is deactivated in game http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/

Pull your sims 4 folder from documents to your desktop start the game it will generate a new file. Test a new game dont save. Then add back your saves and see if generating the new file works.
    Pure vanilla game... will give the suggestion a go...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    About the co-workers, first I sugest leveling your charisma skill, it exists for a reason I'm glad it's not a peace of cake making friends. Second have you thought about inviting co-workers over and I don't know...talk to them? xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @tommynocker001
    If none of the above works try traveling with your sim to any lot it will reset your sim.

I think I also read somewhere that large inventories are an issue but i cant seem to find that post but maybe someone else will post with an answer. Also try what Sigzyo5 suggested. I dont have GTW so I can only tell you what some things have worked for others.
    The folder movement has fixed the labels at least.
    What it did; downloaded 1.4Gb. What it didn't; remove save games...
    Thanks for that phoebebebe13! :)

A level 3 worker works mon-fri 10.00 to late, I've been in the job 7 days... so you have to party weekends? XD
    edited April 2015
    The folder movement has fixed the labels at least.
    What it did; downloaded 1.4Gb. What it didn't; remove save games...
    Thanks for that phoebebebe13! :)

A level 3 worker works mon-fri 10.00 to late, I've been in the job 7 days... so you have to party weekends? XD

Glad that helped fix some of your issue. :D In general if your sims get stuck with glitches send them travailing to another lot (park or wherever) will reset the sim. This has helped with some of the new career glitches in GTW.

and far as other things in GTW I dont have it so so maybe others can chime in on your issues
    Travelling won't work unless you build a second front door... this and quitting and restarting can crash the game if saved. However quitting and restarting fixes the fridge issue... for a time. Save often! :)

Teenage sims get options for scientist equipment;
    Flora analysis is shown on science equipment (in the home) for teens that have nothing in their inventory.
    Travelling won't work unless you build a second front door... this and quitting and restarting can crash the game if saved. However quitting and restarting fixes the fridge issue... for a time. Save often! :)

Teenage sims get options for scientist equipment;
    Flora analysis is shown on science equipment (in the home) for teens that have nothing in their inventory.

you can also try deleting cashe folder and localthumbcashe package in documents sims 4 folder the game will generate new ones. See if this helps too some things you may have may just be bugs they need to fix. I know the fridge is one of them
    This is interesting;
    Turning Origin in Game back on and all the labels disappear again...
    edited April 2015
    This is interesting;
    Turning Origin in Game back on and all the labels disappear again...

this is why people advise to keep origin in game turned off. Its preventing some people from playing the game if they dont turn origin off
    As if all of the above wasn't annoying, one of my sim designs has been credited to someone else!
    My sim turned on the TV, I checked the channel;

'Watch !#*%&$@%'

:blush:
    I just figured it out! Did a close up of the screen...
    I put the scientist Satellite Dish outside the house... it's alien TV! ;)
    Messy Chemistry Lab;
    The chemistry lab leaves beakers filled with purple liquid on the floor in random locations. These cannot be picked up or cleaned away by the sim. Instead you have to enter build mode and put them back on the chemistry lab then your sim can continue making them...
    Photo bomb;
    While using the new camera(s), the game goes into pause mode but never actually enters camera mode. This can stall the entire game out, not able to save and quit or even quit. Everything is stuck in pause mode... forever! >:)
    edited April 2015
    Is there any chance that the alien 'disguise' could be built into a bracelet or necklace? The idea that aliens wear *that* costume or nothing is a real killer. :|
    If it was a bracelet I could choose to wear it or not, I was really looking forward to the idea of my alien sloping around the house in Dr Who like bow tie and floppy hat. Better, if it was a necklace Edit; (I was thinking the newer Total Recall here! Two weeks... yes... thank you. :) ) then sims could pretend to be other people...

In TS 2 I had a plant sim that wore the full face makeup in creamy pink to try and blend in with the family. It looked good.

I miss that... that's what I think I was hoping for here.
    Post edited by tommynocker001 on
    Cleaning issues;
    Corner units (kitchen units placed between two units on right angle walls) in the kitchen do not work properly. Plates placed on the corner unit in the kitchen cannot be picked up and stall the washing up queue. Meals can also be placed here causing problems.
    Sims also 'hide' glasses and plates anywhere that there is space... behind computers, out of sight tables, on night stands and on bookshelves... :s
    edited April 2015
    The trouble with clones;
    Cloning flowers makes for difficulty picking up. More often than not, I've picked up the cloning machine rather than the flower... :p

Giving the options; 'Clone one', 'clone many' (makes 5) and 'empty' might help here! make sure the output goes into the inventory. Also a storage box at work for all those items would help my overburdened scientist...

Stop bringing work home! :)
    Odd phone calls;
    My sim picked up the phone and pressed 'chat' and suddenly, there they were... in my kitchen! Is that... normal?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this sim is an alien... it's the same sim that appeared at work when the aliens invaded... :o
  • linarwinglinarwing Posts: 113 Member
    I've had Sims suddenly appearing and disappearing and reappearing all over the place...sort of as if in a time warp thing. They are NOT aliens! They are my playable Sims that I've been playing all along. I've also had events happening with the achievements and notifications in place, and then, two hours later, suddenlyl they same thing is happening all over again. It may or may not stick!

In the police station, I keep getting the requirement to do cross referencing. I can go to the computer to do that, and the topic comes up, but then nothing can be done. I have to cancel out, every time.
  • linarwinglinarwing Posts: 113 Member
    edited April 2015
    Also, the needs cheats are not sticking, even though everything in the needs panel are still green. I think some of it has to do with the new careers. If my Sim is in one, even though he's been cheated to not decay, he will suddenly be tense, angry, or whatever. That never happened before. I've only played with the police career so far, so I'm figuring it must have something to do with those career requirements, for when he's on patrol...maybe? Still...even just at home, when my cheated Sim would normally be quite happy sitting at the computer forever, getting things done, I can't seem to make them sit still for more than a minute.

Also (sigh), though my socializing Sims WERE doing less moving about from chair to chair after the next-to-last patch, now they're up and down again at about every other second! They're driving me NUTS!

This happens in vanilla or with mods...no difference.
  • hopkinhenryhopkinhenry Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having trouble calling people. Whenever I select the Chat option from the phone, it appears to either reset my sim or proceed to ignore the action as if it was never issued (and the phone icon that appears on the actions list comes with a cross X over it like I have selected to cancel the action, which I did not).
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @tommynocker001 @linarwing @hopkinhenry - What steps have you taken already to try to clear the in-game glitching you're experiencing?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.