The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Important Info on Running a Store

Comments

• Options
    madarmadar Posts: 53 Member
    So about this bug when employes are not ringing up customers is this gonna be fixed with a patch or what?
  • Options
    JCStormy1JCStormy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Having gotten bored (for the moment) with being the only one actually doing anything in my sims busy hospital, started a new world and opened a shop. I have many wonderful customers (again, my sim is the only one doing anything though it says my employee is not slacking) including Mortimer Goth... who keeps buying stuff but when I ring him up no money is exchanged, he doesn't leave, and he the shopping cart appears over his head again. Rinse... repeat. Is there a work around for this? It's as annoying as musical beds at the hospital!
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Is he trying to buy childrens clothing or something that is cc?
    Cause this happens to me specifically when somone is trying to buy cc-clothing on a kids doll.
    What I do, is send customer away and get on with business. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    JCStormy1JCStormy1 Posts: 67 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    Is he trying to buy childrens clothing or something that is cc?
    Cause this happens to me specifically when somone is trying to buy cc-clothing on a kids doll.
    What I do, is send customer away and get on with business. :)

He was standing in front of the child mannequin, that could be it. Thanks!
  • Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    edited April 2015
    @catloverplayer Clothing a mannequin can't be done in Build mode - it's a Sim interaction. So you'd have to buy the store for your Sim, dress the mannequins the way you want and then sell it again.
  • Options
    ranma6899ranma6899 Posts: 336 Member
    i want them fix doors i have bakery soon i put door so my guy eather send a sim home or promote them i had put door in soon i did that customers going in my refrigerator taking and eating my items i store when i ran out
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I don´t know if this is a bug of a deliberate design choice but in this scenery:

"One of my sims owns a retail shop, if I am playing it none of my played sims goes in as a client, (I have to call them in by pone) if I am playing one other sim and make it go to my sim´s retail shop, there is another owner there and a different staff attending the bussiness"

If it is a bug I really ask wholehearted EA should fix it the sooner the better, please, please, please EA fix it!

If this is an intentioned design decision who on earth would think that it is the right way to manage this? I want my sim´s friend to visit my sim´s shop and I want to find my sim´s friend attending its shop when I visit it, I really hate those all fake townies that are the same ones no matter where my sim goes, I find the same manager or/and staff or/and clients in each shop I visit, no matter that I have just left them tending the clients or shopping in the former one. It ruins all the reatil-owning/shopping aspect of GTW.

I know we have no open world this time around (I can´t miss it more than I do) but can´t EA take some work about the way the fake townies are spawned and the property consistence is managed? Played sims living in the world should be there to be found at the venues, mostly in the owned ones to give the world a sense of conectivity

IMO
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    diamandadiamanda Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone else having the issue of sims not leaving the lot when you close the store?
  • Options
    LeeLooRusLeeLooRus Posts: 46 Member
    edited April 2015
    How to lock the doors?
    Origin ID: LeeLooRussia
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    @LeeLooRus there´s a mod at ModTheSims for lockable doors that runs quite well
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    GinaGina Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having this problem, customers decided to purchase something and they walked out of the store and got stuck at one corner thus making me can't ring them up. I've spent so much time on "persuading" customers. Im losing money because of this bug. No use to open a shop when I can't earn any money or make any deal..
  • Options
    XsnipergirlXXsnipergirlX Posts: 2 New Member
    Sometimes, when sims enter my store it shows the "they're ready to buy, you should ring them up" shopping cart icon, and it's red. But they just entered the store and then when this bugged sim was ready to be rung up I went and tried to do it but it didn't work, and then the sim got angry and left.

And some sims get stuck in the corner of the store, I get the notification from the wall but the cart does not show up, so it spams my notification wall and I don't know which sims came first so I lose out on customers because they get angry and leave. Fix please.
  • Options
    DonsvlinderDonsvlinder Posts: 312 Member
    I wrote a very detailed guide on how to run a Bakery. This includes tips like:
    • Choosing the right objects for your Bakery
    • Let customers eat at your Bakery
    • Get the customers out of the kitchen
    • Best pastries to sell
    sims-online.com/running-bakery-sims-4-get-to-work/

Enjoy!
    signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,554 Member
    JCStormy1 wrote: »
    Having gotten bored (for the moment) with being the only one actually doing anything in my sims busy hospital, started a new world and opened a shop. I have many wonderful customers (again, my sim is the only one doing anything though it says my employee is not slacking) including Mortimer Goth... who keeps buying stuff but when I ring him up no money is exchanged, he doesn't leave, and he the shopping cart appears over his head again. Rinse... repeat. Is there a work around for this? It's as annoying as musical beds at the hospital!

This is a known bug. Sims 3 Loser a Let's Player showed it on his channel. I hope it gets fixed.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,041 Member
    Thanks I was looking for one along the shore line and didn't see any... I will check the dock next time.
  • Options
    Amitaliri619Amitaliri619 Posts: 38 Member
    One thing though, I wish we can change mannequin fashion prices individually I mean I don't want a wedding gown to cost the same as a t-shirt. (Or can we do this already maybe I just didn't figure it out)
  • Options
    MilliebonMilliebon Posts: 308 Member
    I have a bakery and it was running pretty smoothly for the first 3 days of business. Then all of a sudden customers would show they were ready to purchase an item but instead of staying in the shop they exit outdoors and all stand in a group frustrated on the one side of the shop. I have no clue what changed or why my bakery owner can't complete a sale with them.
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi, I just started one of my Sims as an art gallery owner. Was wondering if you can finish a second floor of the store to have the Sim and his family live there or do they have to live in one of the two main neighborhoods that came with the base game?

Thanks,

Silver
  • Options
    SandunSandun Posts: 94 Member
    I have a problem with the shops I've build. I usually build one, have a sim buy it, set everything for sale and sell it. Then I have a perfect store, run by NPC's.... But when I save the shop to my library and put it in another save, half, and sometimes more then half, the stuff I had set for sale, isn't for sale anymore. Usually all the plants in my flower shop aren't for sale anymore. I don't want to go through the buying and selling shops every time I want a shop in my world. Why can't I save a shop with everything set for sale in my library without things changing?
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Hi, I just started one of my Sims as an art gallery owner. Was wondering if you can finish a second floor of the store to have the Sim and his family live there or do they have to live in one of the two main neighborhoods that came with the base game?

Thanks,

Silver

They can live in Magnolia Promenade but on a different lot than their shop. That wouldn't do you any good because you would still have a loading screen to get to the shop or home.

I have a Sim living in an apartment above a shop but she has a vacant lot as home and never goes there.

Having the apartment upstairs means that customers have free reign in it while the shop is open. THEN you have to remember to put anything "fun" in inventory, because the owner and customers will constantly be wanting to go upstairs and have fun when the shop is open.

I've been having my Sim bake cookies before opening and put them in the shop for customers. Seems to help keep people out of the apartment.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    I'm using a room divider to keep customers out of the kitchen in my bakery. You could do the same to block off a living area. Easy to pop into build mode and move the divider to allow one of your Sims into the restricted area, then move it back.

16730677463_e92879e383_o.png
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Have2admit: Thanks for the reply. Does your Sim have a family, too? If so will they go to school and/or work just as they would living in one of the main neighborhoods? Can your Sim have a reg job and just run the shop on their days off, as well?

Thanks again,

Silver
  • Options
    Have2admit: Thanks for the reply. Does your Sim have a family, too? If so will they go to school and/or work just as they would living in one of the main neighborhoods? Can your Sim have a reg job and just run the shop on their days off, as well?

Thanks again,

Silver

My Sim doesn't have a family yet, so I don't know about school and work from a retail lot. You can however, have a job and a store...but then again not sure about if it works from a retail lot.

:)
  • Options
    I'm using a room divider to keep customers out of the kitchen in my bakery. You could do the same to block off a living area. Easy to pop into build mode and move the divider to allow one of your Sims into the restricted area, then move it back.

Huh! I thought about something similar but figured the Sims would stand there waving their arms wanting in.

Also, the counter that your register is on....are you able to clean it? My customers always indicated there was something dirty. It turned out to be that counter. It can't be clicked on in my game.

• Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    have2admit wrote: »

Huh! I thought about something similar but figured the Sims would stand there waving their arms wanting in.

Also, the counter that your register is on....are you able to clean it? My customers always indicated there was something dirty. It turned out to be that counter. It can't be clicked on in my game.

Haven't seen any customers waving their arms frustratedly since I put the divider in. Still, I'm hoping that if there's a patch this week they might include door locking (I know there's a mod for it, but I don't use mods).

I've never tried to clean the register counter. My display cases and frig get dirty frequently thought. Having the Speed Cleaner (or whatever it's called) trait helps.