Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

employees wont ring up customers

2...Next

Comments

• HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited April 2015
    are there cheats that can raise my sims ability to ring up sales? I feel justified in using it as im paying his plum wages to sit on his plum all day

-> "In The Sims 4 Get To Work, retail owners have the ability to hire employees with the Maintenance, Sales, and Work Ethic skill-sets. These skills range between levels 1-5, and not every employee will top off in all three.

To ensure your employees are as top notch as they can get, you can create your own potential employees that show as “available for hire”. To create and hire employees who are at the top of their game, follow these steps:

There are 4 ways to make this cheat work:

• Create a new household in CAS and merge them with your current household

• Add Sims to your exiting household via The Sims 4 Gallery

• Open and play a new Household in your neighborhood

• Split your current household and move them to another lot in the same town

Once you have successfully added potential employees to your current world, select each of the Sims you would like to hire, and use the cheats below to increase their retail skill-set. Save the game and then resume hiring employees in your original saved game. Any Sims who have an increased skill-set will now be available for hire in the “Manage Employee” option on the register.

stats.set_skill_level retail_workethic {#} Changes employees workethic skill where {#} is a number ranging from 1-5.

stats.set_skill_level retail_maintenance {#} Changes employees maintenance skill where {#} is a number

stats.set_skill_level retail_sales {#} Changes employees sales skill where {#} is a number ranging from 1-5."

source: http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/

Didn't work for me though because my Sims I created didn't show up at the menu for employees... just some ramdon Sims I have never met before + my game keeps constantly kicking my old employees. dont know why.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    are there cheats that can raise my sims ability to ring up sales? I feel justified in using it as im paying his plum wages to sit on his plum all day

-> "In The Sims 4 Get To Work, retail owners have the ability to hire employees with the Maintenance, Sales, and Work Ethic skill-sets. These skills range between levels 1-5, and not every employee will top off in all three.

To ensure your employees are as top notch as they can get, you can create your own potential employees that show as “available for hire”. To create and hire employees who are at the top of their game, follow these steps:

There are 4 ways to make this cheat work:

• Create a new household in CAS and merge them with your current household

• Add Sims to your exiting household via The Sims 4 Gallery

• Open and play a new Household in your neighborhood

• Split your current household and move them to another lot in the same town

Once you have successfully added potential employees to your current world, select each of the Sims you would like to hire, and use the cheats below to increase their retail skill-set. Save the game and then resume hiring employees in your original saved game. Any Sims who have an increased skill-set will now be available for hire in the “Manage Employee” option on the register.

stats.set_skill_level retail_workethic {#} Changes employees workethic skill where {#} is a number ranging from 1-5.

stats.set_skill_level retail_maintenance {#} Changes employees maintenance skill where {#} is a number

stats.set_skill_level retail_sales {#} Changes employees sales skill where {#} is a number ranging from 1-5."

source: http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/

Didn't work for me though because my Sims I created didn't show up at the menu for employees... just some ramdon Sims I have never met before + my game keeps constantly kicking my old employees. dont know why.

Thank you , great info!
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I did the maintenance and the sales cheat for my own sim so I will have to see now if she can ring customers up quicker and restock quicker
  • Rud3BwoyzRud3Bwoyz Posts: 288 Member
    i don't think we should need to resort to cheats/hiring family members,this is a known issue myself have been having and ea has to fix this eventually,this is the main reason i stopped owning a store,got to annoying
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I'm having pretty much the same issue. My employees actually do ring up customers but it isn't very many. They are always in conversation with customers or each other. To get them to work again I have to "check up on _______" to interrupt their convo and basically reset the employees AI.

If you see them pull out their phone on the other hand, the option to 'berate employee for slacking' appears. This also works to interrupt the current AI of the employee but comes with a negative moodlet for satisfaction. I'm not sure if it's necessary to perform this action to help improve employees' work ethic.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    There is an issue with the employees. They're looking into it.

Awesome. I'm having the same issue.

My first employee was good. But when I rebuilt my shop she vanished and I had to hire a useless slacker. Well, OK, she's good at answering questions, but nothing else.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Gee I told my sims employee to restock the photo gallery but after she told him that he just left and got mad when she demoted him because she had to close the shop to restock.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • miriyaNESSmiriyaNESS Posts: 1 New Member
    My employees won't even show up for work! So I made my sim's daughter come in and ring up customers >:)
  • emiliajane1971emiliajane1971 Posts: 101 Member
    just searched for this problem and it's end Jan 2016 - STILL a problem #rubbish game #no support
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I just got the Get To Work EP and I have the same problem. I don't like it, but I feel it's merely a coding issue, the Sims 4 has the multitasking and the coding isn't allowing the AI for ring up or selling to over ride other AI issues.

I found I have to take away all chairs, never have music or food, and give the store bare minimum otherwise the staff Sims are too concerned with eating or dancing or such, as their fun is running out.

I fired my Sim for dancing and he got mad went out the door and came right back in and started dancing, obviously being fired got him mad and drained his "fun," so he came in to dance and get fun.

• CraziiiCraziii Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this post is rather old, but I've found a really nice workaround for this issue. It's worked consistently for me so far, yo the point where my two employees pretty much run the store while my sim and his wife hang out, do a little work, but mostly relax in the apartment add-on I put in (because going back and forth at set times got annoying xD)

If you use testingcheats on, then shift-click your employee and make them happy, then shut off needs decay, they will always respond to the sales calls. They even still chat with customers, but bounce right to the sale when the option comes up. Works great for me! Hope it helps.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Craziii wrote: »
    I know this post is rather old, but I've found a really nice workaround for this issue. It's worked consistently for me so far, yo the point where my two employees pretty much run the store while my sim and his wife hang out, do a little work, but mostly relax in the apartment add-on I put in (because going back and forth at set times got annoying xD)

If you use testingcheats on, then shift-click your employee and make them happy, then shut off needs decay, they will always respond to the sales calls. They even still chat with customers, but bounce right to the sale when the option comes up. Works great for me! Hope it helps.

Hello @Craziiii :) Thankyou for posting your helpful suggestion for a workaround for the employees issue.

Also, welcome to the forums :)
    You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • TroyKristofferTroyKristoffer Posts: 20 New Member
    Wow. Here it is April of 2016 and this problem still hasn't been addressed? I came here because I just got Get To Work and have the same issue, and they haven't fixed it in over a year. Typical EA. Anyway, thanks for the cheaty info to fix this guys :)
    Wow. Here it is April of 2016 and this problem still hasn't been addressed? I came here because I just got Get To Work and have the same issue, and they haven't fixed it in over a year. Typical EA. Anyway, thanks for the cheaty info to fix this guys :)

Hello @TroyKristoffer :) It is great that you have now got Get To Work EP! You will enjoy playing the pack. These are links to guides on the pack that may be helpful for you when playing the EP .
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/
    http://sims-online.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guides/
  • vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I'm still having this issue as well - employees won't ring up no matter what I do. I thought at first it was the employee slacking so I fired them (whoops, that didn't go well) but it happens to all regardless of skill/happiness etc. Will have to try this work around. Also noticed the hospital patients never get admitted unless my sim does it, or they leave. Which it's hard to constantly admit them because then I can't do the other treatments and stuff. Had no clue it was a bug until finding this... wish it could get fixed but hopefully this helps.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • TroyKristofferTroyKristoffer Posts: 20 New Member
    > @vintagesaturday said:
    > I'm still having this issue as well - employees won't ring up no matter what I do. I thought at first it was the employee slacking so I fired them (whoops, that didn't go well) but it happens to all regardless of skill/happiness etc. Will have to try this work around. Also noticed the hospital patients never get admitted unless my sim does it, or they leave. Which it's hard to constantly admit them because then I can't do the other treatments and stuff. Had no clue it was a bug until finding this... wish it could get fixed but hopefully this helps.

I have since had some luck with resetting sims using the methods described above. It's not ideal, but sometimes it works :) Sometimes its just a lazy employee. LOL
  • kday72kday72 Posts: 1 New Member
    It looks like people have been dealing with this issue for over a year. Is EA ever going to do anything about it?
    kday72 wrote: »
    It looks like people have been dealing with this issue for over a year. Is EA ever going to do anything about it?

Hello
    If you are having this issue in your game, you may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there,
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Employees-Not-Ringing-Up-Customers/m-p/4453289#M10731

In this linked thread in Sims 4 General Discussions, the Developers are asking for the save games of simmers who have been running retail stores in their games. You may like to send your save game to them.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/883611/help-the-dev-team-retail-saves#latest
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I have 2 employees in my shop who i tasked to ring up customers but they never do it. I end up getting tons of sims waiting to pay but they end up being ignored and walking all the time or my sim is rushing about trying to get to them all while my employees are in group conversations or doing nothing. They are both nearly full in skill with customers and focused/not distracted.
    Also occasionally, i go back and check and they don't have any task assigned to them (even though i did), so i have to keep reassigning them to the same task over and over again. Both my employees are promoted and fully satisfied.

Is anyone else finding this or am i being to impatient?

yeah i'm finding the same problem to @HappyGenius ...this is what you can do look at the employment list, find that sim you know in that list and then go to their lot and put in the cheat (first do testingcheats true)

stats.set_skill_level retail_workethic5

stats.set_skill_level retail_maintenance5

stats.set_skill_level retail_sales5

I'm not sure right now but there might be a space before the 5...once you do that go back to your store and higher the sim you use the cheat on....even if your not into cheating in the game, this one would make sense since that part of the game is broken...

pO5uos8.jpg
    simslove wrote: »
    I started using my family to ring up customers the owner has 2 teenage kids and her husband to help ring up and restock... what a life saver lol

@simslove yes having more then one sims in the family at the store helps a lot since the computer is useless..
    pO5uos8.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Joseff wrote: »
    Mine do this too, just dance or start talking to the customers. Just gonna have to hold off until they sort it out. :(

@joseff just use more sims to restock, unless your sim is single, get married or get 2 or 3 sims to move in with you to make running the store easier...yeah and take out the music, the music is just a distraction...well at least they gave us locked doors....lol...
    pO5uos8.jpg
    MollyG1997 wrote: »
    If you have the Debug Mod in game, what I do is; whenever I see a sale, I stop them from talking to people by right-shift clicking them and selecting "reset object", if they are assigned to ring up customers, they will immediately find and ring them up. The resetting just clears their task bar from talking so it gives them a chance to ring customers up.

okay @MollyG1997 very insightful info right there...i will check this out....thanks...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Lenka93Lenka93 Posts: 58 Member
    My employee is not going to work. I opened my store and she won´t come. I tried replace her but it wasn´t help.