Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starring Role: Bridgeport's Finest - Sign Ups Open! Mock posted!

JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
17014543305_20e9b6d8ea_o.png
Starring Role, Bridgeport’s leading talent agency, are looking for new actors for their books. Do you have what it takes to captivate the audience with your presence, acting ability and distinctive look?

Starring Role: Bridgeport's Finest will involve a variety of challenges and assignments, all of which revolve around the progression of your actor from small-time star to Bridgeport Walk of Fame honouree! Each week you will be presented with three possible scripts based on a specific theme. You can choose which brief your actor wishes to pursue and design a picture around that pitch. One week may be three Horror scripts, one week Rom-Com and one week Soap Opera. In between assignments there will be surprise challenges: a red carpet look (Fashion Police style), an interview, a cameo. Who knows when the next PR opportunity will knock to give your assignment a boost?

You know what they say: if you can make it in Bridgeport, you can make it anywhere…

16394453963_217148a291_o.png
- No negative comments towards other people’s work -
- Editing is allowed but not a requirement -
- CC and Pose Player are allowed but not a requirement -
- No photo-skinning or face plastering -
- Male and female models, teen-YA -
- Ten day assignments -
- I am flexible with extensions and each will last two days -
- This is a beginner friendly competition -
- Be original, be creative and have fun! -

16807203717_b0cd88a0bc_o.png
Creativity: /20 - How original was your actor’s interpretation of the script? Did they bring a unique twist to the character? Is the photograph 'outside of the box'?
Response: /10 - How well does the produced photograph respond to the brief? Do they exemplify the character and vibe, or is it lost in translation?
Quality: /5 - How crisp is the image? This isn’t based on PC specs, but more how you’ve handled the image.
Overall Image: /15 - How well does the image come together? Is it cohesive, working towards an end goal? Do all the elements work together?
Total: /50

16827007938_b856c50a8b_o.png
1st Place
Custom Signature
Cover Girl/Boy of next cycle.*
2nd Place
Custom Signature
3rd Place
Custom Signature

*With your permission and permitting there is another cycle.

17014675245_6bb13dc32a_o.png
Myself/TBA
(Headshot to be added)

Preferred Name:
Agent name:
Agent Bio (optional but fun for character):
Head shot:
Experience (not necessarily requirement):
PM/Email?

16988697406_bb3b8996c5_o.png
Preferred Name:
Model Name:
Model Age:
Model Bio (optional, but fun):
Head shot (no make-up, bare shoulders):
Body shot (white t-shirt, jeans/denim shorts):

Please have both on a white/transparent background and don't cut any of the actor off (body shot).

Submitted:
Adriana (Makemebelieve) with Jade Lane
SimChic with Ariana Aiza

Reserves:

c0Ixg8O.png
Post edited by JoeJoe11 on

Comments

• JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited April 2015
    16392301494_03fddddd70_o.png
    Mock

RE: First Casting (SimonStClaire@StarringRole.com)

Firstly, congratulations on getting onto the books. You haven’t made it yet, though. Before most Bridgeport movie execs will even touch you, you need a name; you need fans; you need a following. Now how are you going to do that?
    Well, I pulled in a few favours over at the local TV studios and they’ve sent over these three scripts for upcoming pilots. You’ll be auditioning for the title role in one, depending on which grabs you the most.

1. Sweet Revenge
    You will play a teenage boy/girl who falls in love with the mysterious boy/girl at your high school. Your love affair will be wild, but then (s)he leaves you. You are angry; you are hurt; you want revenge. So what do you do? You become a vampire hunter. Your ultimate aim? To get the heart of the one who broke yours.

2. Elemental
    You will play a teenage boy/girl at high school. Your life will seem average, until one day you discover a ring in an antique store. It holds magical properties, bestowing on you the power to control the elements: earth, air, water, fire. However, all isn’t as it seems, and you are kidnapped by a strange organisation dressed all in black. You manage to escape, but it isn’t the last you see of them… What did they want?

3. Lifeline
    You are on the football team/cheer team. It is the day of the big game. There is an accident on the field, however, and you die. All isn’t over for you, though; you find yourself a ghost. You watch over your girlfriend/boyfriend and family. You soon find no one can see you. Except that’s wrong, for one day you come into contact with a ‘loser’ boy/girl who you always ignored at school. It turns out, they are the only one who can see and hear you. They are your life line. Together, you try to find a way to bring you back to life. From this unexpected friendship grows an unexpected love.

Now, I know what you may be thinking: this isn’t the sort of work you wanted to be doing. But everyone starts somewhere. The teen supernatural show is a powerful forum; many big names have found their feet there. Do well here, get a following and next it could be the movies. Bring your A game to the audition and who knows what might happen?

You’ll need to be at West Street, Bridgeport on April 30th at 1pm for the audition. Good luck.

Sincerely,
    Simon St. Claire
    Talent Director
    Starring Role Talent Agency

A note:
    The guidelines, such as football team/cheer team, or boyfriend/girlfriend, aren’t gender specific. You can choose either as a male/female actor.

Requirements:
    - One image
    - Thin black border
    - Can have extras
    - Should be a scene from the TV show, as you imagine it - the pitch is a major prompt; as an actor you should bring a life to the character
    - Please include which pitch you are responding to when you post submission, although it should be obvious

17013418872_6e93a6aca9_o.png

16807328197_3ac72bbe3e_o.png
    Post edited by JoeJoe11 on
    c0Ixg8O.png
    edited April 2015
    17013297712_c7bd6c160a_o.png
    -TBC -
    c0Ixg8O.png
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure if this will get any interest; there are a lot of great competitions around at the moment! If it doesn't I'll just repost again in a few months. Let me know if anything isn't clear. It's late and I'm a bad explainer at the best of times...

Signs ups open!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • 1makemebelieveagain11makemebelieveagain1 Posts: 163 Member
    This looks super fun, I'll be keeping my eye on this. If I become a member I'll join for sure.
    rbdvkw.png
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    This looks fun! I can't join because I don't want to add any more stress in my recovery period, but I'll be lurking!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    edited April 2015
    This looks super fun, I'll be keeping my eye on this. If I become a member I'll join for sure.
    If you would like help becoming a member, let me know. Do you know the requirements?
    Vanadis wrote: »
    This looks fun! I can't join because I don't want to add any more stress in my recovery period, but I'll be lurking!
    Lurkers are always good anyway! I read about your surgery, I hope you have a swift and smooth recovery! :) I have a feeling a lot of people will be too busy at the moment. I am myself! I just really wanted to post this.

c0Ixg8O.png
    edited April 2015
    Thank you!

If you get enough people and if I'm feeling well enough, I may put in an application to judge.

I just learned today that it's Easter weekend (would explain why the traffic is so bad on the south side of my town, because it's a resort town and everyone's going on vacation there I guess) It was bad, I went grocery shopping to prep to have food in the house that I can just microwave, and I spent three hours out, and Jay called me like "I'm worried about you, you've been gone three hours..." It was the traffic. D'OH!

I'd leave this up a bit past the weekend because I'm sure a lot of people are going to relatives' houses.
    I'm somewhere between
    @Vana i will leave it up for a while. Oh no, that sounds a nightmare. That's the one thing I don't miss about driving: the traffic! Oh, and parking. Make that two things. I'd love for you to apply. Ideally I'll have three judges/'agents'.

Mock posted! I may end up extending the due date. The assignments will follow a narrative, kind of. They will all be delivered in the email structure. Ask if there are any questions!
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Ugh yes the parking. And the buttmunches who park in my handicapped spot without a handicapped plate or tag.

I like the mock.

Let me see how my face reacts to this procedure in the next few days, and I'll see about applying as a judge. :P
    I'm somewhere between
    I hope you can! I didn't know if the whole approach to assignments would be too confusing... hopefully not.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    @JoeJoe11 Some help would be nice haha This whole points and badge thing is kinda confusing. But I should be able to figure this all out. :)
    rbdvkw.png
    @JoeJoe11 Some help would be nice haha This whole points and badge thing is kinda confusing. But I should be able to figure this all out. :)

I believe you need fifty points and twenty posts. The mock isn't due for a month, so that's plenty of time to get that sorted! It really takes no time at all.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    edited April 2015
    Everything looks awesome, Joe. I shall think about it, tempted.. But, I would rather sleep on it than overload myself :P
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
    I'd love to have you, Bob. I think you'd be really good. I know what you mean though, everyone seems a bit overloaded at the moment. I'll give this a week or two and then postpone/cancel if it doesn't get the interest.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    /Bump.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Im tempted but im relatively new to modelling.....RESERVE! Please? :)
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3

I went through and liked everything you've like, ever posted. You're a member now! Congrats!
    I'm somewhere between
    edited April 2015
    ZapGirl wrote: »
    Im tempted but im relatively new to modelling.....RESERVE! Please? :)
    Reserved. Judging by your AV you'll do just fine!

I went through and liked everything you've like, ever posted. You're a member now! Congrats!
    Thank you Vana, congratulations believe!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm gonna have to drop, my aunt just had an emergency op and I need to be there for her. Sorry.
    Post edited by LilacErin on
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3

Thanks a lot! You're too kind. :)
    rbdvkw.png
    Now that I'm a member, I decided to join! Thanks again to @Vanadis. This actually my first modeling competition! :blush: I hope some others join cause this seems like a great idea. Well heres my sim!

preffered named is Adriana
    My models name is Jade Lane
    Her age is 21

Headshot
    3dd8DLU.png

Bodyshot
    cxl3ndh.png

(I hope these are okay! :sweat_smile: )
    rbdvkw.png
    I'm gonna have to drop, my aunt just had an emergency op and I need to be there for her. Sorry.

I hope your aunt gets better soon! ♥
    rbdvkw.png
    She is gorgeous!

And Zap, sending good wishes to your aunt and your family!
    I'm somewhere between
    Now that I'm a member, I decided to join! Thanks again to @Vanadis. This actually my first modeling competition! :blush: I hope some others join cause this seems like a great idea. Well heres my sim!

preffered named is Adriana
    My models name is Jade Lane
    Her age is 21

Headshot
    3dd8DLU.png

Bodyshot
    cxl3ndh.png

(I hope these are okay! :sweat_smile: )
    She's perfect, thank you. I hope it gets more interest too. If not, you should definitely enter her into a different cycle. There are so many amazing ones with brilliant hosts. Would be a shame otherwise.

Hopefully this gets some more reserves, though.
    Don't apologise! Hope she makes a smooth recovery and you're all coping okay.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Preferred Name: SimChic
    Model Name: Ariana Aiza
    Model Age: 24
    Model Bio (optional, but fun): Ariana is the youngest of five and grew up always trying to prove herself amongst her siblings leading to a young woman with a spunky attitude who won't shy away from anything. She currently resides in Los Aniegos with her fiance and two year old daughter. She's hoping to make it big one day so her family can be set with little worries.
    Head shot (no make-up, bare shoulders):
    Headshot4_zpszsnflkap.jpg
    Body shot (white t-shirt, jeans/denim shorts):
    Bodyshot4_zpsh6zuyexl.jpg