Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 002 - Rules

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @!Allie - I just agree with everyone! Although, I don't how you could stand keeping them in those outfits!? O.o Me - I have to change them when they age up. It's like, back in 3 when the baby aged up to a toddler..... If you had a girl, EA would (almost) ALWAYS give it a boys' hair! Like, really?! O.o
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2015
    It's been tough @MsPrissy88. But @Vihisha already has me doing so many other crazy things that I wouldn't do normally, that I've decided to embrace the chaos to its fullest extent. I'm seriously considering using the random trait roller for the rest of my kids. I tend to pick the nice/safe traits for my sims.

One thing I have discovered is by letting them choose their own clothing, activities etc., they definitely seem to develop individual personalities all of their own if you watch for it. Which I think is reallly cool. hehe

Now Sims 3 - first thing I always did was fix hair on the toddler girls & got rid of those freaking flippers! Oh and the animal hats... ya know the one that Chia chose for her party "dress".

(If that party outfit had been Chia's everyday, I'm not sure I could have held out. I only saw it once when I had Blondie hold a party so I could see what the girls would wear. Caraway didn't bother changing clothes hehe)

Edit: oops just looked up. I meant to use the pic from the party, but didn't hmmm. I might just go grab that, you can see it better. the blue background ones are obviously from CAS. I never saw Caraway in that one in game. So I went into CAS to see what other gems they kept hidden from me.)
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    There now you can truly appreciate the finer details!

ST5sNrv.png?1
    Notice for Chia's Party Dress, she did change her eyeglasses.
    29H7hFq.png?2
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    edited September 2016
    This is how Aunt Blanche wanted to dress Chia...

tbmuHLW.jpg?1
    qY0bIQY.jpg?1

LToSiVI.jpg?1
    After plummeting into a bad mood from all of that pink, Chia quickly donned her superior party wear and flashed a look at Aunt Blanche that let her know EXACTLY what she thought of her Formalwear & swimsuit choices.

*Disclaimer: All clothing still chosen by EA, who actually got it right on those 2 outfits!* But of course she NEVER wore them in game. lol

Sorry if this is a lil disjointed, I'm not awake completely yet. Caffeine levels precariously low... *stumbles off to fix that*
    Post edited by AllieMac on
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    @AllieMac I loved the fashion show. Cracked me up because they do wear that stuff. I mostly let them wear whatever random thing comes up but I match the shoes and pants to the shirts. Unless it is a hot dog outfit, then I can't stand it and it has to be changed. But I applaud you going all random. It would probably drive me crazy if their stuff didn't match.

@MsPrissy88 I do love your pictures and the name of your family. Wilder has a nice ring to it. Also really like the name Melody. I don't have a knack for picking out names so that is why I chose to go with the alphabet for each generation. Then I do random but I also have a list of boy names I used to use for Sims 3 and sometimes will go to random.org and pick a number and name that way. Yes, they are listed with numbers LOL.

I just named my family Banks. Not really sure why. You can bank on them? LOL.

@Glimmer - Thank you! The family name stems from a sim I had actually created back in the Sims 3. This is the only good picture I could find of him --->>

sim%20st1_zpsirenn8s0.jpg

When 4 came out ... and a few sims later ... I thought about recreating some of my favorite sims from back then. Sabrina Glass, the Halliwell sisters (yes, the actresses on Charmed), umm... Sam and Dean Winchester (but those were actually the actors that I had created, Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki), and of course, Joe Wilder.

Edit: BTW... I think Joe looks better **now**. ;)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    So, the Banks family has succeeded in completing the outdoor enthusiast aspiration and the house is well over $40,000. What a sense of accomplishment. :)

Caleb is turning into an elder right now. Justice is still with us although I wasn't sure she was going to make it through the camping trip. Her and Alex had many needs in the red. I wasn't sure they would survive. I finally moved their tent closer to the hermit house and things got a little better but they were grubby the whole trip.

And because I have not changed to imgur yet, I am going to have to picture spam you guys a little bit when I get my pictures together. I uploaded the house even though Alex is not a YA yet because it is worth $56,000 and some odd change. If it should depreciate before he turns into a YA, I will put more money in it or take it down. Either way, there should be no problem making it now...I HOPE :)

edited June 2015
    Okay so the plan is...I am saving ALL of our money..after I bought the treadmill since Caleb is well into being an elder and Alex is a teen..can't believe the kid is somehow pulling a C in school LOL. That way if the house depreciates after Caleb dies and Alex is not yet a YA, I can pour money into the house. So far, I have been keeping it around 50K but one time it was at 43 so it is possible for the items to need replacement in the next 10 days. But I am watching it like a HAWK. No way am I failing this challenge now. I have come to far. :) I think I will be okay though. Right now the house is worth 49K. I have 8K in reserve so I should be good. Come on aging LOL.

::WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER IN HERE FOR NEXT CHALLENGE DUE TO MY OBSERVATIONS SO NOT SURE::I have not looked ahead but I know the next challenge has something to do with gardening I think since V said you will get plenty of gardening opportunities in the future SO..Alex is going for Loves Outdoors..of course a wise choice as a kid since he spent his whole childhood on vacation LOL. I have Geek and I think I will go for Art Lover. His mother was an artist and his father is a writer so it makes sense he would love one of those. Plus somehow while visiting the great outdoors Alex has a level 4 in creative. Don't have ANY clue how that happened since I was too busy collecting and camping with Caleb. I thought the kid was going to die. Maybe he had pretend friends? I have no idea but I think he needs to do something creative like paint or something.

TLDR: Keeping the house at around 50K in case of drop while waiting for kid to age. Have 8k in reserve in case. Alex has creative skill somehow while on vacation.
    Okay Picture Time: I am little bummed because I KNOW I took a screen shot of him getting the Outdoor Enthusiast completed but it is not in my screenshots no where :/ These may be a little out of order too so excuse that. Here is a picture of them not realizing there are actual showers around:

06-29-15_9-15nbspAM.png

This is the moment he got his herbalist skill to level 10:
    06-29-15_8-43nbspAM.png

House picture:

06-29-15_9-56nbspAM.png

Inside view:

06-29-15_10-43nbspAM.png
    Fun Camping:

Caleb and the hermit:

06-28-15_12-20nbspPM-2.png

Random Camping photo:

06-28-15_2-54nbspPM.png
    Caleb turns into an elder just days after coming back from the camping trip:

06-29-15_10-44nbspAM.png

Not long after it was Justice's turn to go to the great beyond:

06-29-15_11-07nbspAM-2.png

edited June 2015
    Then shortly after that Alex turns into a teen:
    06-29-15_11-32nbspAM.png

Alex does like to work out. First one in the family to ever use the treadmill LOL:

06-29-15_1-33nbspPM.png
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    HI everyone just now trying to catch up on all the posts on each of the drifter challenges.

Loving all the new pics and story updates :D

ohh I also let the game randomly dress my sims ... unless of course the end of in the hot dog suit and other silly costumes :wink: I also use the random button for giving my sims their first name... I really like the name Melody Wilder!

now I'm off to catch up on house 001, 003, and 004!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Well folks. I didn't realize this but Alex's creative skill is gone. Yeah when he aged from a child to a teen he lost it. Oh well. I still think he should have art lover since his grandma was an artist and his dad is a writer. Fits the story.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @AllieMac Seriously funny w/those fashion pics of the girls :p I applaud u 4 being able 2 handle your Sims that way!
    AllieMac wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering using the random trait roller for the rest of my kids. I tend to pick the nice/safe traits for my sims.
    U TOTALLY should...I recommend it!! I get into ruts, myself so I use a random generator 2 pick all the traits & aspirations (unless of course they need 2 b certain 1's). It's a fun way 2 c all that's out there!

@MsPrissy U did a good job re-creating the Joe from Sims3 :smile: & I agree..he looks really good now!!
    So, the Banks family has succeeded in completing the outdoor enthusiast aspiration and the house is well over $40,000. What a sense of accomplishment. :)
    *Party!!!* It IS quite the accomplishment...good work!!
    THX 4 telling the traits & everything u picked 4 Alex...I can't wait 'till u get started!
    Those poor poor grungy Sims ><
    I seriously love that house...It's hard 2 pick a favorite room...they all look GREAT!
    Oooh...yanno why that creative skill vanished?! I bet it was on the child lvl only....in order 4 it 2 swap 2 "painting" you'd have 2 reach lvl 10 of kids creative skill 1st..then it starts transferring

rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited June 2015
    More pictures:
    This is a father, son moment. I am so glad I took this because right after this Caleb died.
    PafCPP9.png

The Grim Reaper Cometh:
    IZjJyev.png

Alex didn't see the death but he saw the tombstone when he came home from school. He cried it out in a day or two. He was a teen for 3 days. He started cooking which scared me to death. But he survived.
    Urffir8.png

He finally aged up into a YA. At the time of his aging the house was worth $51,762. In the future, I will wait until they are young adult to load the house. I tried to take a picture of the worth but I can't find it in my screen shots for some reason.
    5QCRddY.png

I am now finished with this challenge and moving to House 003. He already started it. I will have to post pictures over there. He met an insane adult that I am not sure I want to hook him up with. They have an okay relationship but I am going to try to find a YA but I may not be able to be to picky. Time will tell. Side Note: I am using Imgur and it is great so far.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Glimmer50 - *cheers* You did it!! CONGRATS! :smiley:
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I'm loving all the stories and especially the pics guys, congrats @Glimmer50 That father son moment was so sad :( .
    Sorry to be a nuisance guys, but do you have to do all the requirements in order their written?? If so, I might have bingled the last challenge. Like for eg: have the house at 40,000 before you move and marry your spouse to produce the heir??
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    @Rawla Thanks Rawla. I didn't think I was going to be able to do that challenge but I made it. Such a good feeling. Now, House 003 is scaring me to death. LOL

@Dglbr1969 I don't know what you mean by in order? You just have to have all the requirements done before your heir ages to YA. So for example on this challenge, you have to have Outdoor Enthusiast done, house at 40k at the time when your first born child hits YA- you have to be careful though because your house depreciates over time. So, you have to replace things as you go or the house could drop below 40k. That is why I have to start putting my house on the gallery right after they hit YA so I can prove I made it. I know you all take my word for it but still.

As far as order goes you do have to marry a mail carrier, maid, pizza delivery person or someone like that. You also can't start on the Outdoor Enthusiast part until your first born is a child so that is where the challenge lies too. Once your heir hits child you want to make a bee line for Granite Falls and get that done. It takes a while. As long as you did everything before your first born hit YA and you didn't start the Outdoor Enthusiast before he/she was a child, you are good.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    CONGRATZ @Glimmer50 YEAY!! I'm glad that u were able 2 snap that screenshot before Caleb passed on (so sad tho). U finished House 002 of The Drifter Challenge....Now House 003 is waiting >:)

@Dglbr1969 When I write out the rules...I try my hardest 2 keep then in chronological order
    As far as order goes you do have to marry a mail carrier, maid, pizza delivery person or someone like that. You also can't start on the Outdoor Enthusiast part until your first born is a child so that is where the challenge lies too. Once your heir hits child you want to make a bee line for Granite Falls and get that done. It takes a while. As long as you did everything before your first born hit YA and you didn't start the Outdoor Enthusiast before he/she was a child, you are good.
    This is correct info :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Okey, thanks @Glimmer50 and @Vihisha, yeah I get that I can't start the Outdoor Enthusiast til my heir is a child, but what I wanted to check was... do I have to have the house valued at 40,000 before I marry and move in my spouse? to produce my heir, or can I move him in whilst I'm building? I now, maybe my brain's not functioning atm just got home from work lol, but yeah.....
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Now that I've given time for my frustration to die down, I may give this one another chance. I'm sorry about sounding so negative before and I hope I didn't hurt the creator of this challenge's feelings. I think I have a better idea of how to go about things now so I'll give it another shot. If it doesn't work out again I'll probably just go on to the third challenge, as I really do like the idea of this whole thing and repopulating the world with new houses this way.
    @Dglbr1969 I'm betting @Vihisha is tied up getting ready to launch House 005, so maybe I can help. I know she had trouble posting the rules for this one and she had to re-type it 5(?) times! So things got a little wonky as far as order. You can begin building your house at ANY time, it just has to reach $40,000 before heir reaches YA. Your spouse has to be one of the NPC workers - mailman, maid, gardener, or pizza delivery, etc. "Employed but not one that would retain a job after joining your household." Again you can marry at ANY time, And then you have your Outdoor Enthusiast goal, which as you know you can't BEGIN til your heir is a child.

Hope this helped!

@Mocajava - Nice to meet you! And welcome back to the challenge. I'm having trouble with this one, too. Granite Falls is frustrating for me as well. But I'm determined to finish it. I'll probably finish one way or another today. My heir hits YA in 3 days, my main is more than halfway through her elder stage, and I still haven't maxed herbalism nor finished building my house. There's a slim chance I can pull it off. If I start over I will definitely work on getting my house value and income higher before my heir is born. I think that would have made this more enjoyable for me.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Thanks @AllieMac I thought that was the case, and yes you are a great help :smile: but just wanted to be sure. Yay, off to continue, my sim is gunna nab the mailman hahaaa, she is active and he is lazy which is going to be interesting. happy Drifting All :smiley:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top