Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 002 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    @Glimmer50 Love the extra pics! Caleb looks like he's afraid someone will notice he's there as he tip-toes through the hospital. Hmmm, now that I think about it he was a little hesitant when he found out a baby was on the way, wasn't he? Sure hope he wasn't trying to sneak out of town!!

I was scared for my kiddos too, Reynaldo definitely could have used some parenting classes when my heir was born. Hopefully Alex will make it to childhood unscathed!!

I've been collecting screenshots in House 002, now that I can finally post them it's time to get to work. So I'll be back soon with some highlights from Blondie & Reynaldo. Including, hopefully, a fashion show by Blondie's trendsetting(?) daughters in all of their EA dressed glory!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    I could just scream. I just spent waaaay too long captioning 4 pics. and when I posted it said it would appear after it was approved! I originally was going to just have some pics with a tiny description, but it turned into a lil story. and I had the pacing, timing, everything just right. I doubt I can do it again. GRRRRR Didn't you say they NEVER get approved when that happens @Glimmer50?
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Glimmer50 What great shots! Caleb "freaking out in the hospital" which looked more like sneaking :smile: is my fave pic!!
    I'm not sure if the 2 pic limit is about...but it COULD have 2 do w/Photobucket. & speaking of Photobucket @AllieMac I've STOPPED using them 4 my photo hosting site as I was getting that error message here like that a lot. I have since swapped over 2 IMGUR & I highly recommend it. It's very similar & if either of u wanna' try them out & need some pointers..just shout out!
    When u get that "approval" message...they NEVER approve stuff...that's just what pops up..I've never heard them approving anything :|
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    that's what I thought. I remember you mentioning Imgur and am going to try again using them. I created my account, uploaded the pics and think i figured out how to get the codes. I'm generating huge thumbnails for the BBCode. Is that the right way to do it?
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    BBCode (message boards & forums) is the option u wanna' use
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    EUEifTl.jpg
    Completely oblivious, Blondie waddles to the delivery room at the local hospital. She fails to realize that an employee with a wheelchair should be assisting her to her room. At least after losing control of her bladder (while waiting in line to be admitted), they gave her a clean gown and let her freshen up.

jyJYWxs.jpg
    After seeing her heart OUTSIDE of her body, she starts to questions things. Why is the hospital so poorly staffed? Where are the orderlies? What if that skeleton in the corner WAS the orderly?!? What kind of hospital are they running here?

bqUs7ob.jpg
    Thinking back on her admission process, how did she not notice this immediately? What happened to the receptionist? Is their reputation so bad that they had to go to the local cemetary to fill job vacancies? Or what if she had been working and fell victim to some horrible lab accident? Or worse, what if she had been a patient that had fallen victim to some horrible lab accident?!?

She never found out.

For the record, Reynaldo, her husband, did accompany her to the hospital. But upon their arrival he made a beeline straight for the break room to make himself a snack. He was there, however, to witness the birth of his second daughter, Caraway. He had heard that childbirth could be a rather uncomfortable process. So when he strolled into the delivery room and heard his wife was ranting and raving about orderlies being literally strung-up in the corner and ghost receptionists that make you wait to use the bathroom, he just shrugged his shoulders and finished his sandwich, realizing he never would understand women.

The next day back at home...
    2r2WFl1.jpg
    Chia comes home from school and welcomes her new baby sister to the family. (gotta love those boots!)
    Post edited by AllieMac on
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Meanwhile, while poor unsuspecting Chia was at school, her parents and new baby sister arrived home from the hospital. Blondie felt oddly energized so she grabbed her art supplies and immediately dashed off to work, leaving Reynaldo to take care of newborn baby Caraway. Which may have been a bad decision on her part.

C40WC7c.jpg
    Apparently, the excitement of the last 12 hours seems to have been too much for aging Reynaldo's heart.
    Vb8LVuZ.jpg
    So with as much flair and drama as he could possibly manage in this fragile state,

KgZqiZz.jpg
    he took his final nap. Grimm immediately whipped out his handy-dandy tablet to see how many houses had been uploaded to the #drifterchallenge page of the gallery and solemnly added the name Reynaldo Drifter to his growing list.

QKg9xry.jpg
    Grimm likes leaving a calling card after making these visits. It helps keep his "street cred" up. After all he should be FEARED, he is the Grimm Reaper!! As he's admiring his work, he hears a baby cry from the other side of the lawn. With a sigh of resignation, he floats over to the little tyke, notices she has been fed recently and thanks Hades that the diaper is clean! Noting the infant's name is not on his list of "new arrivals" for the day and that no one else is at home. He does the only thing he can....
    Mx7hmhk.jpg
    Finds the TV remote and turns on the newest episode of Lil Allie FooFoo while he waits for the mother to come home. (He has a soft spot for innocent little bunnies and that Mama Bear just cracks him up. Besides he's sure Allie FooFoo has some information that he could use one day!)
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2015
    OMG - I had another squeal laughter moment!! @Allie - You sure know how to spin the stories! And I am LOVING the pics! Tho, on a sad note... it's a shame that Reynaldo had passed away. :'( *sniffs*

And now it's time for more fun pics from the house of Jayden and Kierra Wilder.....

Jayden had gotten a call from dad - Joe - to stop over and help him celebrate his recent birthday. Jayden said "sure!", and brought Kierra along. This would be as good a time as any for everyone to meet his lovely new bride! So, by the time they had arrived, some of Joe's other guests were starting to arrive. Jayden headed upstairs - with younger brother, Bryson, in tow - and soon dad joined them. The tunes on the radio had everyone pumped up. Smokin' hot dance moves were flowing through them all.

06-28-15_12-42nbspPM_zps6ihmdsx8.png

Even mom - Devon - had to come upstairs to sneak in a kiss on Joe's cheek! (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KyBW7wU4BQ&feature=youtu.be

After mom planted a kiss on Joe's cheek, she headed back downstairs and she and Kierra shared a mother/daughter-in-law moment. The look on Devon's face is priceless! It's as though she's thinking to herself - "Hmm. You look like trouble for my baby." lol!!

06-28-15_12-45nbspPM_zpspie5evfh.png

The next day at work, Jayden notices dad's good friend, @Vihisha! So, he strutted on over, introduced himself, and soon became good friends!!

06-28-15_1-27nbspPM_zps9wy0auyq.png

That night, after Jayden got home from work, he and Kierra were having the baby talk. Being curious, Jayden asked his lovely bride if he could feel the baby.....

06-28-15_1-35nbspPM_zpsqem3ygwo.png

Kierra was very that Jayden wanted to feel the baby!

06-28-15_1-36nbspPM_zps6bhnza8l.png

Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @AllieMac - LOL That was an awesome update.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @AllieMac I LOVED reading your story & seeing all the pics. How fun!!!
    AllieMac wrote: »
    After seeing her heart OUTSIDE of her body, she starts to questions things. Why is the hospital so poorly staffed? Where are the orderlies? What if that skeleton in the corner WAS the orderly?!? What kind of hospital are they running here?
    For the record, Reynaldo, her husband, did accompany her to the hospital. But upon their arrival he made a beeline straight for the break room to make himself a snack. He was there, however, to witness the birth of his second daughter, Caraway. He had heard that childbirth could be a rather uncomfortable process. So when he strolled into the delivery room and heard his wife was ranting and raving about orderlies being literally strung-up in the corner and ghost receptionists that make you wait to use the bathroom, he just shrugged his shoulders and finished his sandwich, realizing he never would understand women.
    As he's admiring his work, he hears a baby cry from the other side of the lawn. With a sigh of resignation, he floats over to the little tyke, notices she has been fed recently and thanks Hades that the diaper is clean!
    *Some of my favorite bits*

Yeay Jayden and Kierra! I've never had the opportunity 2 actually join an off lot even like that @MsPrissy88 That's pretty swell! The look on Devon's face when she's meeting Kierra...lots of giggles :p That is so awesome that Jayden & Vihisha r buddies!! Seems like my Simself is almost ALWAYS employed as a scientist hee hee I can't wait 4 the nooboo...come on & go into labor already, Kierra!!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Hehe I'm glad y'all liked it. BTW all of that actually happened in game. Except I did add Grimm checking to make sure the baby had been fed & changed recently. I was soooo hoping he would pick up Caraway, but Reynaldo had just taken care of all of her needs right before he walked to the other side of the bed and died.

It all happened right after Blondie did a mad dash off to work, so fast in fact that I hadn't even jacked the speed up to 3 yet! I'm so glad I found the screenshot button when I did. Other than the 1 pic I had of her pouting on the couch, these were the first images I captured. It all began with the ghost manning the reception desk & her peeing while waiting to be helped lol.

She went into labor in the middle of the night right before Chia's first day of school. forgot to add the first day part. Grimm stayed & watched TV until Chia got home.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 great update lil Miss Priss! That's too cute that he stopped dancing to get his kiss on the cheek. Who was the girl that came up to dance with them?

Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 great update lil Miss Priss! That's too cute that he stopped dancing to get his kiss on the cheek. Who was the girl that came up to dance with them?

Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!

I have NO IDEA who that girl was! There were several people at Joe's b-day party that I didn't know. Probably some townies.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In light of recent developments, let's all bow our heads and remember Reynaldo, Blondie's late husband.
    wtqXyvW.jpg
    By all appearances he was a mild-mannered, easy-going, slightly geeky mailman.
    TJToSzj.jpg
    He always behaved respectfully, keeping a comfortable distance between himself and Blondie, even going so far as to keep is hands safely on his knees despite sitting on the bed with her.
    0kE1JUU.jpg
    What Blondie didn't realize until after they were married, was that he was a loner, snob, and rumored to be hot-headed! But you would never know this by his outward appearance or mannerisms. He didn't even complain about her very humble abode.
    m0qlbDy.jpg
    See the thing is he truly did love Blondie, they were best friends before becoming romantically involved. And he knew the end of his life was near, but he didn't tell Blondie he suspected their days together would be very limited.zUYKi6d.jpg
    Now when Blondie went to work, or when he found he could no longer keep his emotions under control, he would run into the bathroom flail about his arms for a bit and then play games on his cellphone. Then very calmly walk out as if he hadn't a care in the world.
    mxtdGfb.jpg
    He wasn't the most attentive of father's. Blondie primarily took care of Chia as a baby. But when she went to work, Chia only had to cry for a couple hours before Reynaldo would get up and look into the crib. Eventually, he would even get the bottle and feed her, or change a diaper. So, ok, he may have let the baby scream a lot longer than her mother would have liked, but he got the job done & Blondie was none the wiser. Chia even survived long enough to become a child AND pick up some of his wonderful sense of fashion. Plus don't forget he did hand down his stellar eyesight to her! What more could a daughter want from her father?!?

y7lglgV.jpg
    Not long after his passing, he was reunited, however, briefly with his beloved wife. The first thing he did when he saw her was blow her a kiss!

Rest in Peace Reynaldo!

Note: Reynaldo was so fun to watch. This is exactly how he behaved the whole time. It was so funny, when she was home or in the same area as him he was perfectly calm. When she left, he acted completely different! In front of her, hugged his daughter. No Blondie around - no hugs for Chia, etc. lol I'm gonna miss that old mailman.

I did kinda fudge things here a bit. The only pics I had of Reynaldo were the 3 of them on the couch (which I didn't know I had!) and the one with ghost Reynaldo. I was so sad I missed the kiss he blew her. He did it immediately after materializing! The other pics is were I fudge things a tad. I grabbed the household & their lot off the gallery and put them in a new world, and then let the game play for a half a day and took the shots. So while they're not "posed", I did kinda rewind time to take them. But I figured he deserved it. :)

Hope y'all enjoy! Now other than a few quick fashion pics of the girls I'm all caught up with were I am in game. yay! cause I wanna play.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2015
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @Glimmer50 What great shots! Caleb "freaking out in the hospital" which looked more like sneaking :smile: is my fave pic!!
    I'm not sure if the 2 pic limit is about...but it COULD have 2 do w/Photobucket. & speaking of Photobucket @AllieMac I've STOPPED using them 4 my photo hosting site as I was getting that error message here like that a lot. I have since swapped over 2 IMGUR & I highly recommend it. It's very similar & if either of u wanna' try them out & need some pointers..just shout out!
    When u get that "approval" message...they NEVER approve stuff...that's just what pops up..I've never heard them approving anything :|

I am going to try IMGUR because photbucket does that to me all the time. And yes @AllieMac it never ever gets approved. Great stories by the way guys. Poor Reynaldo. :/ I am sorry I haven't commented much but I am playing this challenge like my life depended on it for some reason. I am just hooked in.

My family is camping now...Alex survived until child hood...Caleb has some bucks rolling in from his books so things are looking good. However Alex and the mother- who is now an elder- act like they don't know what a tent is. Sheesh. I took them all to the hermit house and they sleep at his house sometimes, found the tent Finally. I had to move it right by the hermit house...blind as a bat. They like to sleep on logs for some reason.

So, I am on the last leg of the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration. Just have to level herbalism to 10 (he is 6 right now) and sleep 4 more nights in a tent which is actually harder than it sounds due to the fact that if one of their other needs are low they will wake up...which doesn't count as a full nights sleep. The game has to wake them up for it to count.

Alex is 4 days from being a teen and has never seen the inside of a school. LOL. I haven't even had the presence of mind to check his grades. Also Caleb is nearing elder status. 11 days..yikes. I didn't realize that. I just need to finish the aspiration then rush home and pour money into the house. I left home it was worth 30k and he has over 10k saved right now plus stuff in his inventory I can sell from all the gathering so ...it is a rush to the finish. Once the goals are complete Caleb can die in peace and I will watch Alex become a YA...lets just hope Caleb hangs on long enough to see him grow up. Stay tuned....

I will check out imgur and maybe can have more than 2 pics at a time up. Happy Simming all.
  • Options
    Bye bye Reynaldo..... :neutral: Love how his traits were still a secret until they married & had him move-in LOL Great pics...I find it very endearing that u wanted 2 kinda' "stage" some pics so u could tell Reynaldo's story correctly! <3 Ha ha...snagging fashion pics of the girls eh?! this I wanna' c!!

@Glimmer50 I hope u have better success w/IMGUR I like it so much & haven't had any troubles w/it thus far *crosses fingers*
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I am sorry I haven't commented much but I am playing this challenge like my life depended on it for some reason. I am just hooked in.
    No apologies needed..that means you're having a lot of fun =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Jayden Wilder and Kierra Darnell-Wilder are happy to announce the birth of their ..... BABY GIRL!!

Where the in-game video seems to "stall" is when the announcement popped up, and I had the chance to name the baby.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPDKYgznXjk&amp;feature=youtu.be

And though I had to futz with the bassinet by moving it around, I next captured these images....

"Jayden, honey. I'd like you to meet our daughter... Melody Wilder." **Melody was fussing because she got woken up from Kierra to be shown off**
    01d42f32-e6b8-4071-9283-cffc32665746_zpsuttrttbg.png

And this was Jayden's proud look....
    264bc733-a0df-47db-8d75-7d0a69c3498f_zpsasbes2cm.png
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    AWWWE how sugary!! <3 I love the name u chose!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I like the name you chose too. I like the last name as well. I named my family Painter. My family's name is getting old real fast. But it is a reminder on how the very first Sim started out their legacy so I can't complain. lol
  • Options
    Because this was a "long time" coming.... and because I totally forgot to do it.... here is the combined videos of Devon giving birth to Jayden and Bryson. (**and yes -- the "stall" of the game, and all the clicking noises, were when I was trying to find their names randomly**)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvP_UjwcD5U&amp;feature=youtu.be
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks @Vih & @Rawla! Once again, I chose to use the random button to get Melody's name. I saw Kaitlin, but then wanted to see what else I would get. lol ! I can't wait for her to grow up so I can see how she'll turn out.

Oh! And since *they* had a girl, I'm thinkin' it might be a little easier when it comes time to do the third challenge! But, we'll see.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @MsPrissy THX 4 showing me something I had never experienced before....multiple babies born @ the hospital!! How cool =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Introducing the High Fashion of Chia & Caraway Drifter!
    With a special guest - their Aunt Blanche Drifter
    bZaxFO2.jpg
    Chia will begin our show by modeling her everyday wear. Please note to achieve this look, you will need to make sure your knee high socks are the same color as your rain boots!
    V5pxdEt.jpg
    Caraway Drifter is sure to make a grand entrance no matter where she goes in this high couture beanie that she brilliantly used to compliment her orange tank top paired with a lovely pair of rain boots! For that extra spring in her step, she made sure to amp up the boots by choosing a deeper shade of orange. Now it may not be immediately obvious to the casual observer, but her pants are actually a pale yellow with a delicate white flower pattern.
    Mwj9fuT.jpg?1
    Chia's Party Wear is enough to leave anyone speechless. I really don't even know where to begin! Let's just move on to the next outfit please.
    MyaJKVh.jpg?1
    When Caraway works out, she likes to ditch her hat (finally) and put on some glasses instead. Always a fan of color, these lime green pants with the pale blue knee highs scream high fashion when paired with your favorite pair of hiking boots. To complete your ensemble make sure to top it off with a red rainbow zipped hoodie.
    ecZjW3R.jpg
    Aunt Blanche secretly thinks that her sister, Blondie, needs to take the girls either to an eye doctor or a child psychiatrist.
    nSygUFf.jpg
    She tries to explain fashion to the girls, but they think her outfit lacks imagination and quickly become frustrated with the whole conversation.

Disclaimer: ALL fashion brought to you by EA (including Aunt Blanche). None of these were chosen by me.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    @AllieMac I loved the fashion show. Cracked me up because they do wear that stuff. I mostly let them wear whatever random thing comes up but I match the shoes and pants to the shirts. Unless it is a hot dog outfit, then I can't stand it and it has to be changed. But I applaud you going all random. It would probably drive me crazy if their stuff didn't match.

@MsPrissy88 I do love your pictures and the name of your family. Wilder has a nice ring to it. Also really like the name Melody. I don't have a knack for picking out names so that is why I chose to go with the alphabet for each generation. Then I do random but I also have a list of boy names I used to use for Sims 3 and sometimes will go to random.org and pick a number and name that way. Yes, they are listed with numbers LOL.

I just named my family Banks. Not really sure why. You can bank on them? LOL.
  • Options
    @AllieMac - Loved the comment about glasses or child psychologist. :tongue: Silly way the Sims dress themselves sometimes. It is funny!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top