Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 002 - Rules

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Yeah that was pretty lucky @Glimmer50. I hear the Pizza Delivery Sim is the hardest 2 get a hold of...they have such bad hours 4 work so...
    If u want her 2 get thinner...build a pool or buy some work out equipment...I believe if u want her 2 start using it u might have 2 talk about working out or something before it turns into something she'll auto do yanno?! The pool they jump in ALL the time on their own...so that might b the most sure fire way 2 get her thinner heh.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have decided to accept her the way she is. I did change her clothes and hair style and now she looks better. But I will just let her be her big self LOL. They are so in love it is kind of cute so she is starting to grow on me. She has the lazy trait so I thought she would do nothing but she is actually doing dishes and taking out the trash so yayy. She even cooked a couple of times. I won't be able to play until the weekend now because I have to work for the next 3 days. I might be able to get in some play time on Friday because I get off early sometimes. Depends on the day. I work part time 3 days a week but on the days I work, I work a lot sometimes. I am in accounting so it just depends.

I will be living vicariously through all your Sims. Happy Simming. :)
    Awe..she's starting 2 grow on ya...I thought that might happen =P
    Glad 2 hear that she's helping out despite the lazy trait...my Drifter 4 House 003 has that trait & it's 1 I've never played with so...
    Have a good few days of work @Glimmer50 Your Sims will b waiting 4 u when u have the time 2 play!!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    *Moved From Main Drifter Thread*
    solarstorm wrote: »
    okay massive POST! :) updates on house 002

kane drifter -
    rdKrgH8.png

starting aspiration and traits
    O3Kg2x1.png

pgCR3yI.png

after a few gardening & jobs & collecting

pZbZn4X.png

meets the gardener named aniyah
    bdOHfpw.png

proposal since aniyah was about to be an elder lol
    HhURwbv.png

btereCi.png
    they eloped lol

and let walls be created.
    vUi8LvD.png

this son of mine and i finally changed my aspiration to outdoor enthuasist
    3X4PPeI.png

i got aniyah pregnant so now they have a daughter named tammie so pics soon! :) NOW IM GONNA GO PLAY! BYE.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    *Moved From The Main Drifter Thread*
    I'm having a dilemma with my House 002 challenge. My Heir for the challenge is a male. He's making pretty good progress and has the walls up for his house already, however he wants to find his mate. This is where my dilemma is....The mailman, is a man. The pizza guy, is a man. And today, the maid showed up...and it's also a man! lol What do I do now? lol
    Vihisha wrote: »
    U can always try hiring a maid & then firing them...forcing the game 2 send another random the next time u want a maid. Have u checked the small garden patch 2 check on the gardener? Also...search those "working Sims" that walk by...chances r...you'll c a lady before long =)
    The gardener is also a male. lol I've just fired the current maid, I was going to hire a new one when I play again tomorrow. If it's another male, I'll have to start stopping all the ladies. lol
    @kerpleenket @ 1st thought...u wouldn't think that finding, marrying & moving in a working Sim would b much of a challenge....as u r seeing tho...sometimes it IS a challenge in of itself =P Let me know how it all works out 4 ya!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hello again! I've finished the second challenge! I hope you enjoy my story! =)

Meet Dean Rider, son of Nia Rider.

04-11-15_7-47nbspPM.png

As is tradition in the Rider family, Dean was kicked out on the night of his birthday, not a penny to his name. He wandered around until he finally found himself in a nice little neighborhood of Willow Creek.

It took hard work and many lonely nights, but Dean made great strides in building himself a nice house.

04-11-15_11-00nbspPM.png

He dreamed though, of sharing it with someone. However, being an artist that never left his home caused very few opportunities to meet his soul mate.

Lucky for him, he was picky about his house. After hiring and firing THREE maids, the fourth maid showed up, and it was love at first sight!

04-12-15_10-08nbspAM.png

04-12-15_10-09nbspAM.png

Dean and Imani were married the next day.

04-12-15_10-53nbspAM.png

Good thing too, because she was pregnant!

04-12-15_11-48nbspAM.png

Before they knew it, Imani was going into labor, and Dean had his new baby boy, Dakota in his arms.

04-12-15_12-30nbspPM.png

04-12-15_12-32nbspPM-3.png

Dean and Imani were building the life they dreamed of.

04-13-15_3-28nbspPM.png

As soon as young Dakota was big enough, the family started going on vacations.

04-13-15_2-23nbspPM-2.png

The fishing was fantastic!

04-13-15_5-47nbspPM.png

Dean achieved his lifelong Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration within minutes before Dakota turned into a young adult. Literally. Minutes!

Tour of the house:

Living room
    04-13-15_9-37nbspPM.png

Kitchen
    04-13-15_9-37nbspPM-2.png

04-13-15_9-38nbspPM.png

Bathroom
    04-13-15_9-33nbspPM-2.png

Master Bedroom
    04-13-15_9-34nbspPM.png

Second Bedroom
    04-13-15_9-33nbspPM.png

Backyard
    04-13-15_9-39nbspPM-2.png

House
    04-13-15_9-31nbspPM.png

04-13-15_9-39nbspPM-3.png

04-13-15_9-32nbspPM.png

04-13-15_9-40nbspPM.png

**House is uploaded and tagged #DrifterChallenge by Emmblie
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Rawla wrote: »
    Update: Destiny Painter (challenge 002)

Pizza man - nope
    Pizza elder woman - definitely nope
    Female maid - nope nope nope
    Mailman... wowza YES!

Meet Destiny's new husband: Terrel Sanchez. :smiley:

06-10-15_10-59nbspAM.png
    (challenge 002) Update:

Zadkaen is now a child so the household will be taking a vacation now. Yay! Here is Destiny with her son Zadkaen. Her husband is in the house.

06-10-15_3-30nbspPM.png
    P.S. I think there is something wrong with the fast metabolism trait. :/
    I don't think Terrel likes camping. hehe (sharing pic here too because... LOLs)
    06-10-15_6-01nbspPM.png
    Well, I don't think I'm going to make the goal. Zadkaen will be YA in 1 day and the networth of the house is sorely lacking. :( I'll save him to my library so he won't be forever lost and try again. I'm not giving up. (advice: fishing is not a good money-making 'career' for this challenge in my experience. Painting is better.)

Edit: Zadkaen is still a teen but I did do a build re-do for their home. Networth is only at 27k+. One more day to go. Think I can get 13k before Zadkaen becomes a YA? We'll see.... tomorrow. Almost 3am here now. TOTALLY lost track of time. Oops. lol :blush:
    Drifter House Challenge 002 is complete! YAY! :smiley:
    Challenge 003 looks tough. I think I figured out a trick to give me more time. Don't have a kid right away. :wink: See you in 003! Happy Simming!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

Vih - When I last checked, the boys have only a few more (sim) days until they age up to young adults!! woohooooo!! I've never been able to make it this far before. *squeeee* :p Soon I'll be moving on!! yaaaaaaay :D

Edit: Quick question, Vih.... For the second challenge, you want us to pick the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration. In looking at that in the game, umm.... Can all the steps be achieved?? Especially since you are not allowing us to start this until our heir reaches a child. ((can't we cheat and start this aspiration a little early? lol))
    You're sure getting there @MsPrissy88 =)
    Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration CAN b achieved w/the allotted time...I swear =) U just have 2 plan all the other goings-ons around that timeline. Since the 1st steps require that u travel 2 Granite Falls...YET...travel there is not allowed until your heir is Child Stage...starting early really is not an option....feel free 2 work on other aspirations in the mean time...if u need some direction 4 game play. @MsPrissy88 no cheating ;P
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    **singing in the little kid voice ---->> Guess who's starting house 2? Guess who's starting house 2??

ME !!!! :DB)

O M Gawwwwd.... This has been a LONNNNNNNNNNG time coming! @Vih - I am so glad that I decided to try this (yet again)! *squeeee!*

Edit: **said in a spanish-type accent.... Say hello to my little home.**

06-24-15_4-31nbspPM_zpsnfkou2gn.png
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I am on House 002 and have been posting there but I just wanted to post a few pictures here since this is where everyone is LOL. Anyway, I originally did not like Calebs choice of wives because she is lazy and she acted really bored when they first met but hey she was a mail woman and was standing next to the tree so he snatched her up. Her voice is real deep too almost manly. But you can't always choose who your Sim falls in love with.

First kiss:

06-23-15_10-46nbspAM.png

Caleb wasted no time in proposing. They really hit it off:
    06-23-15_11-47nbspAM.png
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Caleb seems really happy with her so she grew on me. She is a lazy Sim so I was worried that she would do nothing but she has been cleaning the house and actually made dinner once. I was shocked. She is a tad on the heavy side and I have never played a heavy Sim so that is all new to me- hope that doesn't come off as sounding bad. I am heavy myself so I have nothing against heavy people, just never played one. Caleb is not a skin flint though so ...anyway he loves her and they are cute together so she has grown on me. I gave her new hair and different clothes so that helped.

Picture of their humble abode and them taking a selfie:
    06-23-15_1-41nbspPM-2.png

Then to my shock look who stops by while Caleb is at work to meet the new wife. It all happened so fast I barely got a picture of her but this is his mother: Peyton. She even looks good as an elder:
    06-23-15_1-54nbspPM.png
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Sorry for the picture spam. It will only let me put up 2 at a time. Otherwise I need approval which never happens. Here is a better picture of the happy couple:
    06-23-15_1-40nbspPM.png

Oh and here is a good picture of his mother, the founder from House 001 as an elder( I was shocked she lived to see her son turn into a YA but she is still alive as you can see from the picture above- where she stopped by. Anyway this is her in their house at the end of House 001.

06-22-15_7-32nbspPM.png

If anyone is interested in seeing house 001 I saved it on the gallery #drifterchallenge. Also my ID is Glimmer50. I am having so much fun with this challenge ..and it is a challenge LOL..that I actually came home and played for an hour last night even after a long day at work. I just had to get in some more play time. Truly addicted V, great challenge. :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    I thought that our founder and later heir were the "only" playable sims in our households, so although Kody the pizza man and my sim are engaged and he moved in, I haven't been playing him as such, is this what I'm supposed to do? I haven't even looked at his aspiration cause I thought this was mute anyway, but if someone could clarify that would be great :smile:
    House 001 that is a correct assumption!! :smile: Your main Sim is the only playable character the length of this mini-challenge
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    yes my main sim is the one I have been playing, does that mean I cant play the heir til he she ages up to ya and moves out right? sorry to be a pain, just want to get it right. Having a blast so far.
    Again...this is correct! :smile: & u r NOT a pain!! Glad you're enjoying yourself so far!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    AllieMac wrote: »
    If your spouse dies are you allowed to remarry or move a friend in? If so, is a sibling or parent from the previous House eligible, or are they considered taboo for this saved world?
    Yep u can remarry...Yep u can move-in a friend....& Yep anyone from previous houses r eligible. Sounds like your poor Sim has her hands full...can't blame the poor girl 4 needing a helping hand. Just remember 2 subtract any household funds they bring w/them....they don't have 2 quit the job they have..it's up 4 u 2 decide if letting them keep their job is 2 "cheaty" @ that point since it's a Sim u r familiar with....but I leave that up 2 u. The game SHOULD auto-populate that house should u leave it completely empty.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hello again!! Just wanted to show off some brotherly love. Jayden called his his twin, Bryson, to come and spend the day with him. They rambled on and on, laughed until their sides were hurting. And now..... Just getting ready to relax and enjoy each others company.

06-25-15_11-56nbspAM_zpsjgnf2mqn.png

As you can see, Jayden is putting his gardening skills (which he acquired when he was still at home) to good use! He's also accomplished gathering up quite a number of the local harvestables. When I last checked, he's back up to almost $2,000. He's got a few things in his inventory that I'll probably be selling. The number of collectables you see by his garden? Those are just some of the big ticket items he found since moving in! (and locating the hidden sylvan glade area) Thank god his fishing skill is getting higher. He's caught a number of fish that he used for dinner; that is until he had enough money to buy the start of his kitchen. Although, nothing beats the taste of smoked fish cooking over an open fire. Mm-mmm!! ha ha
    Noooooo!!! The pizza delivery person is a .... G U Y !!! :o:( *shaking my head*

06-25-15_12-41nbspPM_zpsqvwbnqja.png

Craaaaaap. Well.... I've got one more shot. As soon as I can start building some walls, and have Jayden make a mess, I'll have to try hiring a maid. Shoot. I wish my town had more young adult females, instead of all the adults and teens he's been seeing. :/
    @MsPrissy88 - I had the same troubles when I did that challenge. But here's a tip, if you keep calling for pizza, you will eventually get different people that delivers it. You might find that female yet. Oh and the first mailman I saw (for my female Sim) was a female, but a day or maybe even a few days later (I forget how long), the next mailman I saw was a male and a nice one too. She ended up marrying that one. So don't give up. The workers change. :)
    @Rawla - Ahhhh! I did not know that. I know the mailman I'm seeing is a guy. Though, Jayden was inside the tree when he had bills delivered. So that last time, I have no idea if the mail carrier changed sexes or not. I really would love to nab a gardener. So she could tend to the garden; and not Jayden. LOL :D
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    The gardeners can b found in the lil' "community garden" areas....where there r planter boxes & such around the street :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    ANY way.....!! I wanted to share the "never-seen-before" sneaky peek of house #2!!

06-26-15_4-03nbspPM_zpsertskam0.png

I still have to work on the inside, but I knew I wanted a green house this time. It will/does take up most of the lot size. Although, I will have a spot - or two - for a garden. Not sure right now, but I might add an upper floor. But this level does have the 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom marked off. I just wanted y'all to see the front! ;):#

And before I get too ahead of myself - and get back to my game, there was a question posed to me (i forget by who)....... The question was about any females being spotted by my sim. NOPE! And even though I *have been* trying to have Jayden stick around home, I haven't seen anyone except for the same elders, adults, and teens (females). I'm thinkin' the next time I send Jayden out to do more digging, I'm going to have him send whatever crystals and metals he gets over to the Geo Council. Maybe then I'll see the mail carrier and the sex will be different. (maybe )
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Okay so it was an eventful night in the banks household as Caleb caught on fire trying to cook. I was so freaked out I didn't get a picture until after he was put out by himself.
    06-26-15_7-24nbspPM.png

His wife ran to the driveway and was tense. He would have burnt to death waiting for her to put him out LOL
    06-26-15_7-24nbspPM-2.png
    Needless to say he was NOT happy but he still has to make a living. The house is nowhere near done and she has 11 more days until Elder so I have to get cracking soon on a child but I am trying to build some of the house first. Anyway he is mad going to work:

06-26-15_7-29nbspPM.png

And mad coming home (this was even after a shower):

06-26-15_8-48nbspPM.png

His wife tried to make up for it later though for not trying to put the flames out
    06-26-15_8-49nbspPM.png
    O my goodness...Caleb had a close call! He looks VERY unimpressed heh.
    I'm pretty sure that they were makin' sparks in the bedroom ;)
    Come on Drifter Heir!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Slideshow has been created for my second house! You can view it here --->>

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Starlite2012/slideshow/Drifter Challenge House 002
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hello again! I've finished the second challenge! I hope you enjoy my story! =)

Meet Dean Rider, son of Nia Rider.

04-11-15_7-47nbspPM.png

As is tradition in the Rider family, Dean was kicked out on the night of his birthday, not a penny to his name. He wandered around until he finally found himself in a nice little neighborhood of Willow Creek.

It took hard work and many lonely nights, but Dean made great strides in building himself a nice house.

04-11-15_11-00nbspPM.png

He dreamed though, of sharing it with someone. However, being an artist that never left his home caused very few opportunities to meet his soul mate.

Lucky for him, he was picky about his house. After hiring and firing THREE maids, the fourth maid showed up, and it was love at first sight!

04-12-15_10-08nbspAM.png

04-12-15_10-09nbspAM.png

Dean and Imani were married the next day.

04-12-15_10-53nbspAM.png

Good thing too, because she was pregnant!

04-12-15_11-48nbspAM.png

Before they knew it, Imani was going into labor, and Dean had his new baby boy, Dakota in his arms.

04-12-15_12-30nbspPM.png

04-12-15_12-32nbspPM-3.png

Dean and Imani were building the life they dreamed of.

04-13-15_3-28nbspPM.png

As soon as young Dakota was big enough, the family started going on vacations.

04-13-15_2-23nbspPM-2.png

The fishing was fantastic!

04-13-15_5-47nbspPM.png

Dean achieved his lifelong Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration within minutes before Dakota turned into a young adult. Literally. Minutes!

Tour of the house:

Living room
    04-13-15_9-37nbspPM.png

Kitchen
    04-13-15_9-37nbspPM-2.png

04-13-15_9-38nbspPM.png

Bathroom
    04-13-15_9-33nbspPM-2.png

Master Bedroom
    04-13-15_9-34nbspPM.png

Second Bedroom
    04-13-15_9-33nbspPM.png

Backyard
    04-13-15_9-39nbspPM-2.png

House
    04-13-15_9-31nbspPM.png

04-13-15_9-39nbspPM-3.png

04-13-15_9-32nbspPM.png

04-13-15_9-40nbspPM.png

**House is uploaded and tagged #DrifterChallenge by Emmblie

Wow that is a nice story. Thanks for sharing. I love the house <3
    edited June 2015
    So, here we are at the banks house hold. Yesterday, it was time to start a family. The house is worth about $30 grand right now and she was 4 days from becoming an elder so time to get cracking on having a child.

Caleb wasn't real happy to hear the news:

06-27-15_5-38nbspPM.png

But later he warmed up to the idea:
    06-27-15_7-13nbspPM.png

As a side note: This forum will only let me post 2 pictures at a time otherwise it makes me submit approval. I am not sure why as I have seen others post more pictures. I am posting these from photobucket if that matters. So anyway sorry in advance for multiple posts.
    When it was time to have the baby he was as calm as any father could be:
    06-27-15_7-31nbspPM.png

Annnnd it is a boy. His name is Alex. Caleb is a good father as he is always wanting to take care of the baby. Justice his wife is just so so. She does take care of the baby but she doesn't always do what the baby needs. That really worries me sometimes when Caleb is at work. He tries to feed Alex and change his diaper before work so the social workers don't show up. Alex should age any time now. I am just praying the poor baby makes it to childhood in one piece.

06-27-15_7-36nbspPM.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top