Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 002 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I might have to start 002 challenge home over again. Zadkaen will age up in 1 day and networth of lot is only at 27k. I'm trying. It's time for bed though. Almost 3am. Yicks! Time flies when having fun. :smirk:
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2015
    > @Rawla said:
    > I might have to start 002 challenge home over again. Zadkaen will age up in 1 day and networth of lot is only at 27k. I'm trying. It's time for bed though. Almost 3am. Yicks! Time flies when having fun. :smirk:

My first attempt was also a struggle to get to 30k!!! You will make it @Rawla ,afterall it's only 3k you're left and you still have 1 day

EDIT: Oh by the way Zadkaen is such a cuttie!
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @SimmerPT - I'll have to reread the rules. I thought this one had to be at least 40k. I'll try. Thanks! I really like Zadkaen too and am very sad to think he might not be the next challenge's heir. We'll see. I still have hope. :smile:

Edit: Yes, 40k.
    - Must have house worth $40,000 simoleans (after depreciation) before the end of this mini-challenge *Enter Live mode from Build mode & depreciation will take place*
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2015
    Rawla wrote: »
    @SimmerPT - I'll have to reread the rules. I thought this one had to be at least 40k. I'll try. Thanks! I really like Zadkaen too and am very sad to think he might not be the next challenge's heir. We'll see. I still have hope. :smile:

Edit: Yes, 40k.
    - Must have house worth $40,000 simoleans (after depreciation) before the end of this mini-challenge *Enter Live mode from Build mode & depreciation will take place*

Sorry @Rawla I had my mind on the rules of house 001**silly me**, well then that's going to be hard! But the good thing of the Drifter challenge is that if you do the separate saves at the start of every house you can still re-do only that house and you don't lose the challenge as a whole! And also it's always fun to do the challenges again and try different things every time!

Edit: By the way I almost forgot I'm officially a full member of the forum, and I can post pictures now, so here is Marnie and her hubby Johan:
    v3QQ2EG.png
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    @SimmerPT - YAY! Congrats on becoming a member. Marnie and Johan look so nice! :smiley:

Guess what?! I did it. I sent Destiny to Sylvan Glade, pumped her full of mood fixer and no-sleep potion and set her to high speed. She caught just enough sturgeon and other fish to barely squeak by. Zadkaen is still a teen. How many seconds he has left before he ages up I don't know. But I sent her back when I thought she had enough and fixed up the house. 40,232! She did it! With $12 to spare. lol Now for his aging up to happen and I can begin House Challenge 003. Phew! So happy now! :smiley:
  • Options
    Challenge completed! On to Drifter Challenge House 003! Yay!
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I just completed the house!
    And George became a YA, unfortenately I don't get to see his little sister grow up(but I bet she's just as her older brothers, an odd combination of black and white)
    Jayden is a blonde hair/ blue eyes man and Guusje is a black woman.
    I am gonna give house 3 a try.
  • Options
    @Fennadev - Congrats! Have fun with 003. I just started that too. It's a lot of fun. :smiley:
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    *Happy Dance* 4 @Rawla SO glad u made it!!
    Like @SimmerPT said..as long as u make separate saves @ the beginning of the new house mini-challenge if 4 whatever reason u don't complete the goals in the allotted time...u can just redo a little instead of having 2 start all over =)

@SimmerPT Yeay!! You're officially a member here on the forums...pictures!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha - Thanks! Yes, I've been saving separate saves for each challenge. I thought that was a very smart idea. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Here's pictures of the house, I will be uploading it with the hashtag #DrifterChallenge #house002 It's value is 47.028 simoleons.
    My house has a green outdoorsy theme to it(except for the upstairs teens bedroom and the basement room). And I actually did something with the backyard this time.
    Right side of the yard:
    fLPaVio.jpg
    Left side of the yard:
    hXmpOyL.jpg
    Backyard:
    dEcrLWM.jpg
    open living space:
    qDJUiUE.png
    Computer space and bathroom:
    FJhQptp.png
    The master bedroom:
    nMzoeGe.png
    First teens bedroom:
    GWkTLMY.jpg
    I actually forgot to photograph my basement, well, you'll see it in the upload.
    George his aging to YA:
    KW9lQgO.png

I will be revamping him before sending him out on his own, since I want to at least upgrade his clothing.
    Edit; my house once again does contain Outdoor retreat stuff, because I love stuff from that pack.

Help, I can't upload it because it got a forbidden word, but I didn't use any scolding words..
    I'll post my rambling down here, maybe you guys know the forbidden word;
    Here's another house for the #drifterchallenge , it's #house002 It has a nice backyard and is very nature based. Even though the two teens bedrooms are very modern, since it's teens bedrooms. There's a small bathroom and an open living space downstairs. And the masterbedroom and one teens room upstairs. Also in the basement, accessable from the backyard there's another bedroom.
    Post edited by Fennadev on
  • Options
    Lovely build @Fennadev. I love the openness of the kitchen/living area. As for the forbidden word, my only guess is masterbedroom. *shrugs* Congrats on completing the 002 challenge! Your Sim looks really nice. :smile:
  • Options
    Yes, I also love openness in small houses, it's seems so much bigger than. The actual value with garden is over 55000. I will try fixing that word as two seperate and hope I can upload it then.
  • Options
    Hey @Fennadev I love the hedge fencing u used & the fire pit set up in the back! What a perfect nook 4 the baby upstairs =) Happy birthday George!! & Gratz on finishing House 002! I honestly have no idea why it wouldn't upload I don't really c anything wrong. If 4 any reason separating the master & bedroom doesn't work, like @Rawla said...maybe #house002 ? I've never tried using the house numbers as hashtags...maybe numbers aren't allowed?! No clue...I'm just grasping here =P

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I have seen people use #house001 so I think it's the bedroom, I will start up my game in a bit, so then we'll find out.
    Yes, the baby is Kathy and she's now a child. And I love the garden, hope I will make another lovely one for house 3
  • Options
    Ok...I hope it works!! House 003 u will have plenty of time 2 work on a garden ;)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    How the rules were originally posted
    Nitty Gritty Rules
    - All individuals that join the household must be moved in using the Move In interaction (except adoptions). Any money brought in by those individuals must be gotten rid of via the money cheat to reset to the previous balance

How the rules will now be posted
    - All individuals that join the household must be moved in using the Move In interaction (except adoptions). Any money brought in by those individuals must be gotten rid of via the money cheat to reset to the previous balance. If the individual you had move in comes with any household items (in their inventory or that are put into the household inventory) you may keep those items or sell for simoleons.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I don't know how you people did it...there's no way i'm going to get the achievement done AND be able to build a 40k house. I don't think I'll try it again, it's been way more frustration than fun.
  • Options
    @Mocajava - It is very difficult. Here are a few tips in case you do try again in the future.

1. Wait to have your heir born so that you have more time.
    2. Plant blackberry bushes. They sell for a LOT of simoleons.
    3. To increase herbal skill, keep trying to identify plants even if it says your sim has no clue about them. Each time you try, your Sim increases their skill. Also, brewing herbal remedies increases it a lot too.

I almost quit House 003. It was even tougher for me. But I stuck with it and yay! The third time was successful. Now I have been 004 and I'm having a blast. Happy Simming! :smiley:
  • Options
    @MocaJava I'm sry 2 hear that your Drifter Challenge experience was more stressful than fun...that was so NOT my goal when making this set of mini-challenges. If you're not a fan of this house mini-challenge...feel free 2 try the other houses...each is unique in the goals needed...maybe 1 of them will fit your gaming style more. THX 4 giving The Drifter Challenge a try...& once again...I'm really sry that it wasn't enjoyable 4 u. I'd b more than happy 2 give u some pointers should u change your mind & choose 2 give House 002 a try once again. @Rawla has some good ideas. If money was the main cause 4 frustration...try moving in additional Sims that r employed...free cash every time they go 2 work =) Either way...happy Simming Moca!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Okay so Caleb just got extremely lucky and found a mail carrier right off the bat. They hit it off and boom they are now married. She is 2 days from being an adult so I am not sure whether to start right on having the child or wait until they are more established. Of course, she is useless because she has no job- that part is kind of a bummer but he loves her so on we go.
  • Options
    Well...u DO have her entire Adult life 2 go through so...producing the heir right away isn't necessarily something I'd recommend...can't forget about the house net worth..& once your heir is a child you'll b concerned w/getting that aspiration completed. U don't want 2 start all that 2 soon & b crunched 4 time the entire challenge...but hey...might give u more of a challenge racing the clock!?! :open_mouth:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I looked over how much it costs to go on vacation and they can't afford to stay long if they go plus they would need a tent so now I think I am going to wait on producing the heir LOL. Yeah she is lazy but she likes to garden so with any luck at all maybe she will auto water some plants or something. I don't really like her that much but hey HE wanted to marry her LOL. Guess we can't always choose who to love huh? Oh well, maybe she will grow on me. :)
  • Options
    U will have roughly 6 Sims days after they woohoo 4 baby...by then u PROLLY will have the funds 4 that trip...but your timer will have also started heh. I know you'll figure something out.
    She may not b your favorite Sim...but u should b pretty happy...I know some Drifters really struggled finding their working Sim...the fact u found your mate so fast.... ;) Hopefully you'll grow 2 like her...@ least a little bit lol...u have a bit of time 2 "figure her out" As long as Caleb is happy....LOL
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I did get super lucky with finding her. I ordered a pizza and he was a guy so that wasn't going to work. Then he went to check out the tree and there she was in uniform. What luck! Plus she liked him so they cloud gazed, one thing led to another and poof she was his girl friend. A couple days later she came over and they really hit it off. In one day he was married. Ahh I might start to like her. He loves her to pieces so I am sure they will have some cute moments..that will make me warm up to her. I just wish she was a tad thinner ...she definitely could skip a meal or two- and will be considering he is sitting on a lot with one wall, a bed, shower and a toilet oh and a fridge- but love is blind as they say. Hehehe. They might be cute after all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top