Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval? Worth the money?

zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims (2000)
Hi all, I thought it would be appropriate to post this here,
is TSM worth the money? There is a deal on Origin where I can get TSM + The Pirates & Nobles Expansion Pack for £10.25.
I researched the game a while back and was interested in getting it but I got distracted by TS3 at the time lol, then TS4 came out more recently and I have been very busy since, games wise and IRL wise. I looked up reviews and more info on the game that I could online but I'm still not quite tipped over the edge yet to buy it.
I was wondering what the users on here thought of the game and if it's worth the money?
There's something about it that I find appealing but I've heard very mixed reviews on the game from customers on game websites to video reviews and articles.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I really, really enjoyed CAS for TSM. The hair and clothing are wonderful. The buy items in game are very nice but you can't build the way you can in the other Sims games. The game play itself is very linear and it's quest after quest. (I might be wrong but I think they added some sandbox play later but I'd already uninstalled it.) It kept my interest for about two weeks.

Later I found a copy of P&N in a $5.00 bin and picked it up but at the moment it's still sealed.

I did enjoy it for a while but it didn't keep my interest for long.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I really, really enjoyed CAS for TSM. The hair and clothing are wonderful. The buy items in game are very nice but you can't build the way you can in the other Sims games. The game play itself is very linear and it's quest after quest. (I might be wrong but I think they added some sandbox play later but I'd already uninstalled it.) It kept my interest for about two weeks.

Later I found a copy of P&N in a $5.00 bin and picked it up but at the moment it's still sealed.

I did enjoy it for a while but it didn't keep my interest for long.

Thank you for your response! :)
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I got it for about $12 & don't feel like I got ripped off. It's nice for a change now & then, but I find myself playing "real Sims" much more.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Thank you @AMariseS and @PHOEBESMOM601for the responses! I ended up buying TSM + the EP it came with in the bundle, I also got Limited Edition items too which is pretty cool :)