Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My biggest pet peeve so far (might be yours too!)

Is the fact that my doctor sim cannot work outside of her schedule. She was in the middle of surgery today, and her shift ends at 7pm. Oh look, it's 7PM, time to go home...while in the middle of surgery. I liked how in TS3 we could stay at the firestation whenever and get paid. I wish EA would have made these positions salary based, because what kind of a real doctor stops in the middle of surgery because it's the end of their shift? A fired doctor, that's who.
Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

Comments

• Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    I heard there's a way to extend your work day so you can finish up a task.
  • Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    Does anybody know how? I hate it. This issue has turned me away from the game completely.

• bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    No my annoyance is that my game crashed and I forgot to save and in all those hours of play the game did not autosave either. Grr! If you click you can add 2 more hours to the work schedule.
    That would annoy me too! Autosave is pretty much in every modern day game...where do I click to add more time?

• Ramblin_RoseRamblin_Rose Posts: 4 New Member
    There's a little time clock to the right of the task bar. If you click on it, you'll get the options to leave work early or to stay late.
    My second annoyance is the 4 new lots in our "world". *Sigh*. I'm really trying my hardest to like this game again, I really am.

There's a little time clock to the right of the task bar. If you click on it, you'll get the options to leave work early or to stay late.

How late are they able to stay? I was unaware of this option. Thanks for sharing!

• RebkaRebka Posts: 24 Member
    > @Vampyfan2 said:
    > Ramblin_Rose wrote: »
    >
    > There's a little time clock to the right of the task bar. If you click on it, you'll get the options to leave work early or to stay late.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How late are they able to stay? I was unaware of this option. Thanks for sharing!

I think they can stay for 2 more hours, which isn't long enough in my opinion.
    Rebka wrote: »
    > @Vampyfan2 said:
    > Ramblin_Rose wrote: »
    >
    > There's a little time clock to the right of the task bar. If you click on it, you'll get the options to leave work early or to stay late.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How late are they able to stay? I was unaware of this option. Thanks for sharing!

I think they can stay for 2 more hours, which isn't long enough in my opinion.

It isn't. My sim is level 8 in the field of being a doctor and I barely have enough time to cure one patient after running all of the tests. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I run all of the tests to try to narrow the possible illness down to one option...but I very rarely am able to. I also get the "Blah blah has left due to the long wait time. It seems as though they're going to take their health into their own unprofessional hands"...while my sim is the only doctor that's actually working to cure patients, so my sim cannot see other sims without being unpoductive. Sometimes there's one other doctor who just plays games on their cellphone while the receptionist doesn't do much of anything either.

• ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I wouldn't let the lack of neighborhood's/lots dictate how you feel about this EP. I totally understand that the furstration is ironic, we get OFB back but no where to build all these ideas. I get that, 100% but I feel that the entire "neighborhood" coding and GUI will change. I think the entire thing is being reworked behind the scenes with transportation and once they have it how they have decided to create it all, they will then release numerous worlds in EP's and prolly GP's as well.

Hoping for the best! That and toddlers needs to return... question is which one will get finished first? I feel like the town/cars thing will first so they can have a platform to grow on. I think that's why MP is just some random "world" right now. It might all change.
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Yea my only gripe is that I wish we could stay at work lots however long we wanted. Hopefully a mod will come soon.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Download this to fix your problem.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=533026
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    I wouldn't let the lack of neighborhood's/lots dictate how you feel about this EP. I totally understand that the furstration is ironic, we get OFB back but no where to build all these ideas. I get that, 100% but I feel that the entire "neighborhood" coding and GUI will change. I think the entire thing is being reworked behind the scenes with transportation and once they have it how they have decided to create it all, they will then release numerous worlds in EP's and prolly GP's as well.

Hoping for the best! That and toddlers needs to return... question is which one will get finished first? I feel like the town/cars thing will first so they can have a platform to grow on. I think that's why MP is just some random "world" right now. It might all change.

Dont hold your breath on the transportation and world rework, however they can and will add more lots im just praying they come out with some kind of CAW for the sims 4 it wont be perfect and i would deal with something similar to what we had in the sims 2 if it meant i could create a world and have it load the way I want with everysingle new game i start. that is what i would love to have.
  • MichaelBrobst2MichaelBrobst2 Posts: 105 Member
    There is a stay late option
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    You can stay later by clicking on the clock in the top left corner. Have fun!
    large.jpg
  • misstiff2390misstiff2390 Posts: 4 New Member
    I came on here to see if anyone else was having trouble finding the diagnosis for each patient is as well. I seriously spend a full work day on usually one patient and rarely get a guaranteed diagnosis.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited April 2015
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Download this to fix your problem.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=533026

That mod doesn't seem to be working for me o.O it's still running at the regular speed. I put the wrong one in there. Omg. Yeah...that mod definitely is a game changer <3
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    I came on here to see if anyone else was having trouble finding the diagnosis for each patient is as well. I seriously spend a full work day on usually one patient and rarely get a guaranteed diagnosis.

yup that's why i'm here.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
    I have a hard time myself as well. My sim is at level 8 as a doctor and still cannot cure more than 2 patients at the most per day. That's if I'm VERY lucky.

• iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    I haven't messed with the professions yet, but now I'm kind of scared to because so many people are saying they aren't that great :/
  • hearmeoutxhearmeoutx Posts: 84 Member
    No my annoyance is that my game crashed and I forgot to save and in all those hours of play the game did not autosave either. Grr! If you click you can add 2 more hours to the work schedule.

That is my annoyance as well. It happened to me twice today. Thankfully both times I had saved maybe a Sim week before so I didn't lose a TON, but I lost A LOT of progress in both of my Sims careers.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    My biggest pet peeve is not being able to customize the career uniforms.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    Ok, don't laugh! Because I'm a purist I have a problem with a nurse, doctor, med tech, or anyone else taking x-rays! :) Having been in the x-ray field for half my life, I can tell you that this is completely bogus! No one but no one can touch a piece of ionizing radiation equipment in a hospital except for a licensed/registered Radiologic Technologist and that includes doctors unless they happen to be a Radiologist (an MD specializing in radiographic procedures). In fact, it's against the law in most places. And..the way they show the equipment bothers me. Either that's what's called a tomographic unit or the artists at EA were just to lazy to make a realistic looking CAT scanner or MRI unit. Either would have looked really great in the hospital and rather than making a poor sick patient stand up for the procedure, they could have laid down, comfortably, on what has been described as the coldest, hardest bed in the world! Oh, and by the way, we haven't had to "calibrate" the machinery in years! Most modern units do that automatically on start-up.
    That aside, what really peeves me about this GTW are the short hours, as mentioned by everyone else on this thread, and the fact that you can't just go visit the hospital anytime you want. Obviously, the EA/Maxis staff knows nothing of hospital work. Long hours, lots of overtime, and being on emergency call is standard operating procedure in most hospitals.