Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens, No Hair?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    TinglesfulTinglesful Posts: 292 Member
    I would like hair for my alien sims. I hope they'll change this soon...
    94yhm4uzxqil.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    At least our aliens can wear the clothes they buy from a mannequin. I would still prefer it be available from CAS, but it's a way to get SOME sim clothing on my alien at least, so it's certainly better than nothing.

I think at the moment the only "Hair" I can sport on my alien is the Princess Leia wig/hat via the mannequin. LOL Amusing, but I would prefer a few more options. -.-

At least the Princess Leia wig is space themed! LOL that would be funny.

d82df15c-24d9-460b-8455-4ac0d9bfd099_zpsfwit5an0.jpg

For your enjoyment. ;) My alien doesn't seem to be channeling Princess Leia very well, though. hahaha
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    TinglesfulTinglesful Posts: 292 Member
    Well I think it suits her ^^
    94yhm4uzxqil.png
  • Options
    sims4usersims4user Posts: 52 New Member
    edited April 2015
    this tells why they dont have hair

Mylom’s Tonic (geodes)

Burble’s Brew was an immensely popular drink a few centuries ago. Anyone who was anyone was drinking it. But, before you knew it, everyone’s hair was falling out. Almost the entire population became bald. Folks scrambled to cover up the shame of their chrome domes. But, Mylom was brave enough to proudly display her bald head. And, soon others joined her until it became fashionable to do so. To this day her name is synonymous with inner beauty and strength. This stone was named in her honor.

://sims-online.com/sims-4-geodes-collection-guide/
    add http before the: http and thats my source of information
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    It seems that it is not that easy to unlock the CAS restrictions. I didn't see a single modder saying they were working on it, or that they have any interest on ever doing it. I'm assuming it is not possible :(

This kinda ruins aliens to me.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »
    It seems that it is not that easy to unlock the CAS restrictions. I didn't see a single modder saying they were working on it, or that they have any interest on ever doing it. I'm assuming it is not possible :(

Yeah it's weird. They've seem to do the impossible, they've made doors lockable, etc, but why can't aliens grow hair? LOL
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I don't like using mods, but if they can make one to give aliens hair, then I might just consider using them.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited April 2015
    AlanOwen wrote: »
    There is a mod that unlocks some of the Alien parts for human Sims. It's not complete and a little bugged, so it still needs to be updated:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=552232

As the creator of that mod, I would LOVE to know what these bugs are (unless you're talking about the lack of alien eyes for kids?).
    Because I've been playing a Sim with this mod active pretty much since release, with no problems whatsoever, and nobody has reported any bugs, except, again, for the lack of alien eyes for kids.

But alien kids are buggy anyway.

So, if you've encountered bugs, PLEASE report them! It's the only way I can actually fix them.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    crzygrl13crzygrl13 Posts: 53 Member
    > @IrelandsAngel said:
    > Disguise/Secrecy Edit
    > Aliens can change themselves to look like normal Sims. At any time, players can edit and adjust how an alien will look while disguised. In their disguised form, aliens can wear a range of unique sci-fi clothing objects which are reminiscent of their alien suit, this includes an alien head belt buckle, an alien shirt or the arm from their alien suit.
    >
    > While disguised, an alien can appear like a normal Sim and not be spotted by Sims. If a Sim figures out the Alien is in disguise, the Alien can erase the Sims mind and go about their day pretending to be a normal Sim.
    >

I just love your post cause of Groot dancing at the bottom....my son has one that is so annoying and cute at the same time.
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    AlanOwen wrote: »
    There is a mod that unlocks some of the Alien parts for human Sims. It's not complete and a little bugged, so it still needs to be updated:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=552232

As the creator of that mod, I would LOVE to know what these bugs are (unless you're talking about the lack of alien eyes for kids?).
    Because I've been playing a Sim with this mod active pretty much since release, with no problems whatsoever, and nobody has reported any bugs, except, again, for the lack of alien eyes for kids.

But alien kids are buggy anyway.

So, if you've encountered bugs, PLEASE report them! It's the only way I can actually fix them.

THANK YOU FOR THIS MOD! :smile: Personally I have not seen any bugs from the mod. It works fine for me.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

Maybe the modders that are capable of it are busy updating all the mods that broke with the last patch?
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    edited April 2015

The problem I've found, is that if I want to unlock CAS parts for aliens to use, I have to edit every single item individually. Every hair, every top, bottom, outfit, shoe, accessory, skintone, eye... you get the idea.

This creates MASSIVE compatibility issues, as any future content that changes those items (modded or official) will have to be edited to work with the modified parts. It's just not worth the trouble.

I've unlocked a few items for my own personal use, but unlocking EVERYTHING is a whole other kettle of fish.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options

The problem I've found, is that if I want to unlock CAS parts for aliens to use, I have to edit every single item individually. Every hair, every top, bottom, outfit, shoe, accessory, skintone, eye... you get the idea.

This creates MASSIVE compatibility issues, as any future content (modded or official) will have to be edited to work with the modified parts. It's just not worth the trouble.

I've unlocked a few items for my own personal use, but unlocking EVERYTHING is a whole other kettle of fish.

Hmmm.... what a shame. It seems like so much work! :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Mind you, you CAN get around those kinds of headaches by making the alien versions standalone copies, but you still have to copy every. single. part. individually.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options

Mind you, you CAN get around those kinds of headaches by making the alien versions standalone copies, but you still have to copy every. single. part. individually.

LOL I'm lazy, sticking with my alien/human hybrids instead. LOL thanks for the info.
  • Options

This creates MASSIVE compatibility issues, as any future content that changes those items (modded or official) will have to be edited to work with the modified parts. It's just not worth the trouble.

I see, I was afraid that was the case. That's awful :(
    Thanks for the alien parts mod, though!
    6724061.png
  • Options
    Satureja13Satureja13 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 2015
    oh finally, someone converted some hair!
    the secret is to Dress the Aliens with the GTW retail Dolls
    the hair is then under hats of the dolls clothes
    the dolls look a bit spooky, but better than nothing!
    here is the link:
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 i cant post links -.-
    look at tumblr:
    LeanderBelgraves dot tumblr dot com
    make the best of it ^^
    or maybe someone can post the link fo me...
    Post edited by Satureja13 on
  • Options
    Satureja13 wrote: »
    oh finally, someone converted some hair!
    the secret is to Dress the Aliens with the GTW retail Dolls
    the hair is then under hats of the dolls clothes
    the dolls look a bit spooky, but better than nothing!
    here is the link:
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 i cant post links -.-
    look at tumblr:
    LeanderBelgraves dot tumblr dot com
    make the best of it ^^
    or maybe someone can post the ink fo me...

http://leanderbelgraves.tumblr.com/

There!
    Thank you very much for letting us know!
    6724061.png