Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well that was a dumb move...

Normally games are released on a Friday in my country but not with the Sims 3 because this Friday is Good Friday and all the shops will be closed. I checked the web sites of some retailers and they said the 2nd of April which is the Thursday. I nearly walked down to my local mall and put a pre-order in.

But I decided if I ordered through Origin I would get it sooner. Which I have just done only to be told that the pack will be available at 12.00am on the 3rd April.

So let me get this straight the game is available in stores on the 2nd but you can't download it from Origin until the 3rd?

If people buy the game in store on the 2nd are you going to force them to wait until the third until they can activate it?

There are going to be a lot of frustrated Simmers in New Zealand on Thursday if that's the case. Haven't you guys learned your lesson from the Outdoor Retreat debacle?

tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

Comments

• Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited March 2015
    i think what it means is that it will be available once the 2nd goes to the 3rd at 12am, so you will be able to play it on friday, but yeah everyone has to wait till the release to activate it
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Well if that's the case it will the first time ever in my 13 years experience of buying Sims games and their expansions Simmers have not been able to play the game they purchased from a retail store on the release date as soon as they got home from the store.

tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think the game will be available in the early hours of the 2nd. So if you were to wake up say at 9am on the 2nd the file would have been ready to download many hours earlier. Unless, of course EA has 3rd release date they haven't told anyone about.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    This does sound very confusing. I'm in the UK and I too have been hearing the game will come out on Thursday due to Easter so as far as I'm aware anyone who wants to will be able to go out and get it from a brick and mortar shop on Thursday. For Origin themselves not to release the game until, presumably, 12am on Friday seems a bit strange.

Does this mean the game itself won't be playable until Friday, even though people have it physically in their hands? I'm not very familiar with Origin if I'm completely honest and though I haven't seen any obstructions myself it wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of stupid DRM in TS4 that kicks in if it can't get the answer it wants from Origin.

It's definitely 12am Friday? Not 12am Thursday?
  • Options
    Going to be a lot of plummed off simmers.

gtw_zpsg0lyvi6t.jpg

compared to

gtw2_zpso3bgmrgh.jpg

This is following on from the PR disaster that was the release of OR in New Zealand
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Going to be a lot of plummed off simmers.

gtw_zpsg0lyvi6t.jpg

compared to

gtw2_zpso3bgmrgh.jpg

This is following on from the PR disaster that was the release of OR in New Zealand

Wow. That IS stupid.

I've just checked the UK Origin website... and you're not going to like this but ours is saying it releases on the 2nd.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/sims-4/mac-pc-download/addon/the-sims-4-get-to-work

Either somebody at EA done fudged up and has put the wrong date on the website (it could happen, lots of retail shops here mess the date up all the time so I figure EA themselves aren't immune to a bit of admin error) or you're going to get massively screwed over when the game hits because it'll be about as useful as a coaster until Origin activates it.

Considering EA's reputation for releasing games broken & generally having issues with connectivity / activation etc you would've think by now they'd have made sure this couldn't happen.

It doesn't mean anything, but you do have my sympathies. It sucks when companies blatantly screw over customers like this.

• Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Have you considered contacting EA through origin?
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    This does sound very confusing. I'm in the UK and I too have been hearing the game will come out on Thursday due to Easter so as far as I'm aware anyone who wants to will be able to go out and get it from a brick and mortar shop on Thursday. For Origin themselves not to release the game until, presumably, 12am on Friday seems a bit strange.

Does this mean the game itself won't be playable until Friday, even though people have it physically in their hands? I'm not very familiar with Origin if I'm completely honest and though I haven't seen any obstructions myself it wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of stupid DRM in TS4 that kicks in if it can't get the answer it wants from Origin.

It's definitely 12am Friday? Not 12am Thursday?

It's definitely 12am Friday

gtw_zpsfz3ag5vx.png
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    Aslo please noe that according to that I have already played it for 1071 hours so no good game guarantee for me.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'm sorry, I really wish there was something I could suggest that would get a clear and fast result. It surely has to be the 2 April. I recall the OR mess. Perhaps try simgurubchick to see if she can get it looked at quickly.
  • Options
    I have just been talking to EA support on their chat, he is adamantly insisting that it is the same time as everyone else taking into account the time differences, which means it won't be released until 10pm on Thursday for the east coast of Australia and midday for Britain for example. I would like independence corroboration of that. Can everyone outside the US post their countdown clock.

GTWcountdown_zpsu0rluq9q.jpg
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    @Moon_Willow If they were being released simultaneously there would be about 10 minutes difference between your clock and mine (both below). I live in Sydney, Australia.
    nwx7w2.png
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited March 2015
    1 day 23 hours 32 minutes till 2nd April ( midnight) - Canberra Australia

31 March 12.28 am time of posting

Sorry didn't realise there was a countdown on origin. Can't access my computer with origin as OH is sleeping.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Yeah I can download at 11pm 1st April 2015. Brisbane Australia.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    So the EA support person was BSing me. New Zealand is getting plummed again.

@simgurubchick
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Well... yes. He probably didn't actually know because EAs customer service is shyte. There was one person on the forums who was excited because one of the support people told them that EA was "working on" opening up the worlds. If they don't know the answer they give the one that they think will make you least cranky. It's terrible training.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    jli1984jli1984 Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2015
    Says april 1st for me...

Edit: in origin that is
    Post edited by jli1984 on
  • Options
    I wonder how easy it would be to cancel my Origin order and then go an buy it from a local retailer. I'm pretty peeved at Origin at the moment and since there is no difference any longer in the pricing between the two it would be better to support the latter. Especially with the predatory pricing of Origin only items in New Zealand.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    I pre orderd from Amaon and mine says estimate delivery 2nd April. Though through Amazon prime one day delivery it says up to 9pm for delivery! So I could be here all day waiting for it. :#
  • Options
    Where are you @Freckles1971?

Sigh, I was hoping to get a response from somebody at EA (well other than a clearly misinformed "Support" person.

@SimGuruBChick
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey, am checking and will post definitive answer later today, which is probably tomorrow NZ time.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Available April 1st 00:00 for me, Sweden with english Origin.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited April 2015
    @SimGuruBChick have you forgotten about this thread? I know you are busy but it is an important issue for our NZ Friends :)
    Post edited by jacqpinks on
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    Thank you for your support @Jacqpinks.

Retail stores are showing the release date as the 2nd and there is no way they can have the release date on the 3rd as it is illegal for them to open since it is Good Friday but Origin is showing the release date as the third.

Which means in the first time in the 15 year history of the Sims fans will not be able to install fans who are playing a physical copy will not be able to install their new expansion pack once they get home from the store.

I hope you have extra staff on tomorrow at EA support.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    @Moon_Willow no probs, it just annoys me when you see that there is someone paying attention and then no reply :( it just really stinks you have to wait b/c of the long weekend. I would download it if I was you.
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims