Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can only play one Sim in the house after switching to another household?

This might not be a bug. I'm not sure. I was playing a family. The teen aged to a YA- and she was dating a teen guy. They were promised to each other-best friends forever-soul mates- the entire 9 yards. But in true Sim fashion- once she aged- all their romantic options went away- so I switched to his household to age him up- and when I try to switch back to play the household she lives in (with her mom and dad and brother) it will only let me play with one active Sim! I have to pick the Sim who I want to play as all the others have a lightning bolt on their avatar that says "Care For Self" Anyone know how I can turn this off? I tried re-starting the game. Exiting out completely. It lets me load other households just fine, but not the one I want to play! Please help!

Comments

• Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    I'm no expert but when weird things like this happen you could try repairing the game in origin.
    It might also be an issue if you have any mods as apparently a lot of them won't work properly after the latest patch.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yeah, it sounds like the update didn't quite go right. Try Origin > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game
    If that doesn't help, you might even try reinstalling.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I had a teen that aged to a young adult and her boyfriend was still a teen, so I switched to his household, aged him up, edited him in CAS, and then came back to my family and apparently I had just cloned him. Now my town has two of him. I invited the correct one over to age him up and moved him in later and his clone comes by to visit on occasion and it weirds me out. I'm afraid to delete the clone.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2015
    I had a teen that aged to a young adult and her boyfriend was still a teen, so I switched to his household, aged him up, edited him in CAS, and then came back to my family and apparently I had just cloned him. Now my town has two of him. I invited the correct one over to age him up and moved him in later and his clone comes by to visit on occasion and it weirds me out. I'm afraid to delete the clone.

In Manage Households, you should be able to see the clone in a separate household and delete that. Just save the game first so you can roll back your save if you need to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Plum. I was hoping it was just something new they added in the game, and I didn't know how to turn it off. -Sigh- This is the longest I have played a family with The Sims 4 since it came out, and now I have to start over... I actually just got the "Playing for 24 Hours Achievement" so you can see how often I play the game. Something else I forgot (The reason why I went into his household in the first place) When I tried to invite him over to the house- she would pick up her phone-dial-shrug- and hang up. No explanation or anything. And he would never come over. I had been playing for around 3-4 hours (longest time ever for Sims 4 in a sitting) I had no issues until I aged my Sims to YA.