Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are people bypassing "Modded" tag in the gallery?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    So it's not working entirely as intended, that's disappointing. I just haven't hit the gallery at the right time because I haven't run into it yet. It seems that a lot of the modded sims ARE being flagged and I know my own get flagged just when I save to my own gallery. I still think the filters are broken, though, honestly but who knows? A quick google search did not yield any magical results on how to bypass the CC check, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Also, I don't know if it will make a bit of difference, but I reported the broken filters again in the gallery feedback thread, with screenshots. Probably just wasted typing though.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    So it's not working entirely as intended, that's disappointing. I just haven't hit the gallery at the right time because I haven't run into it yet. It seems that a lot of the modded sims ARE being flagged and I know my own get flagged just when I save to my own gallery. I still think the filters are broken, though, honestly but who knows? A quick google search did not yield any magical results on how to bypass the CC check, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Also, I don't know if it will make a bit of difference, but I reported the broken filters again in the gallery feedback thread, with screenshots. Probably just wasted typing though.

I know that for sure. The CC-sims are getting the downloads afterall.
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    I wonder if the CC itself was modded to by-pass the Modded tag. I noticed that most of the sims that do not get flagged all look the same - they have that painted-on clothing, shiny skins, super shiny anime-like hair, basically stuff that looks like it belongs in Second Life, IMVU or heavily modded Sims 3, completely different to TS4 Maxis content.

I also find it weird that Gallery doesn't flag sims who use obvious custom poses, when it flags sims with "liberated" outfits that should have been included in the game to begin with (maid/fisherman/gardener outfit for example), or default replacements for eyes or skin.
  • Options
    I'm still trying to figure out why people like them so much they get so many downloads. They were always the most popular downloads on the exchange for TS3, too.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2015
    I can confirm that most of those simmers deliberatley bypass the filters to showcase the cc in their creations. The filters are not broken.

I know this because I have talked to a few of those creators on Origin and they say it is quite easy to do and they do it as they prefer that look on their sims. There are a couple of gameplay downsides that go with it however but I think those people mainly use the gallery instead of playing the game.

Now, I personally don't agree with what they do (even though some of them are sweet as pie to talk to) as I respect the filters and 95% of what I upload is nocc as that is my taste. I also suspect they think they will get more downloads with cc obviously shown and that has often been proved correct. Just check the most downloaded in the last 7 days like @elisabetta pointed out. My no cc 'Nabila African Princess' is on that page by the way! No cc can be beautiful and popular too!

There are apparently two ways to do it but I'm not sure if I should write on here what they are as it might encourage others to try it. I am also sick of the pregnant children and teens on the gallery and try to flag them when I see them pop up. Hopefully Maxis will come up with a solution.
    Post edited by isleroux on
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • Options
    I don't care if they love the look (people are free, after all, to play their games the way they like). I DO care that they show up in the "No cc" filters. I use CC a lot on my own sims, but I prefer to download CC free sims so at least I know that the sim will pretty much look the same in my game. I do hope they'll fix it. Not holding my breath, however.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    I don't have mods or Custom Content. How do I bypass the CC tag?!? This bug has been ongoing since day one. I deleted everything in Program data except LocalContent, and everything in personal files except saves and tray. I can't upload anything. It will be buried under CC!
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    @yagwit you should start a new discussion for this. This is a very old post.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.