The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unable to start: Can't run with the video card in this system.." Don't get why!

Comments

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    MidoriHana wrote: »
    I am still getting error and i refuse to think my video card is outdated for sims4 yet i keep getting the error......i am legit about to cry...i really want to purchase the new pack but afraid i wont even be able to play it.

Have you tried everything in this thread to solve the issue (It's a long thread LOL.)
    Sorry, what card do you have?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    MidoriHanaMidoriHana Posts: 6 New Member
    @chesterbigbird i have crazy enough i even did a live chat but now i am not sure what else to do.....Here are my specs
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    Driver is 382.33
    Intel Core i5 CPU @3.40GHZ
    1280x720, 60GHZ
  • Options
    MidoriHana wrote: »
    @chesterbigbird i have crazy enough i even did a live chat but now i am not sure what else to do.....Here are my specs
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    Driver is 382.33
    Intel Core i5 CPU @3.40GHZ
    1280x720, 60GHZ

Is that your native resolution? Have you tried booting the game in Window mode?
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/How-to-start-The-Sims-4-in-Windowed-mode/td-p/3447611
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    edited May 2017
    Just had this issue, game saying "Unable to start: Can't run with the video card in this system.." I was able to fix it. I have a desktop with an intel cpu with integrated graphics and also an AMD R9 380 4gb card. I booted my machine into the bios, and there was an option to use the intel integrated graphics, I disabled that. Now all of my sims game boot up and play with no problem. I guess my AMD card wasn't being seen for some reason. .not sure what caused this problem as everything worked great for the past few months, but I hope this helps anyone who may be having the same problem on their desktop.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,752 Member
    Just had this issue, game saying "Unable to start: Can't run with the video card in this system.." I was able to fix it. I have a desktop with an intel cpu with integrated graphics and also an AMD R9 380 4gb card. I booted my machine into the bios, and there was an option to use the intel integrated graphics, I disabled that. Now all of my sims game boot up and play with no problem. I guess my AMD card wasn't being seen for some reason. .not sure what caused this problem as everything worked great for the past few months, but I hope this helps anyone who may be having the same problem on their desktop.

Hello
    This link may help other simmers who are having this issue

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1
  • Options
    TJg4m3rTJg4m3r Posts: 1 New Member
    Please someone help, I've tried all of above, and i'm still getting the error message. My G-Card / Video Cards are fine, its AMD, and its working on other games, but Sims 4 isn't working - please email me at tom43j@gmail.com to help... please..
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @TJg4m3r Your not supposed to post any personal info in the forum. We can't email you. What AMD card do you have? Are your drivers up to date? The sims 4 requires updated drivers. If you have a laptop update though your laptop manufacturer. If you have desktop update your video card through AMD http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

If you have intel attached to your processor plus an AMD card you need to tell the game to use AMD not intel. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1
  • Options
    jesimuzjesimuz Posts: 2 New Member
    I've got a potential solution for people who have been running The Sims 4 fine, then suddenly have started getting this error. I've got a FX 8250 CPU, 16 GB of RAM, and a Radeon RX480 video card, The Sims 4 was working great, in fact I had just upgraded to the FX 8250 and RX480 a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at how smoothly the game ran and how great it looked, then the creators update for windows 10 came out and suddenly not just The Sims 4 was having problems, but several other games were failing to launch occasionally, I'd get DirectX errors when trying to start them, and they would only work after a reboot. I did a clean install of windows and still the problems persisted, and I was about to lose my mind... Did some searching and found somewhere someone suggested that you go into the radeon settings and turn on click on "display", then turn on "GPU scaling". I know this may not help with those of you who are using the intel integrated graphics or NVidia, though there might be a setting in their menus as well which is similar to GPU scaling, but for us AMD people it might help, it fixed my problems right away! I will also note that I am running the latest version of the amd drivers as of 6/4/17, 17.5.2
  • Options
    jesimuz wrote: »
    I've got a potential solution for people who have been running The Sims 4 fine, then suddenly have started getting this error. I've got a FX 8250 CPU, 16 GB of RAM, and a Radeon RX480 video card, The Sims 4 was working great, in fact I had just upgraded to the FX 8250 and RX480 a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at how smoothly the game ran and how great it looked, then the creators update for windows 10 came out and suddenly not just The Sims 4 was having problems, but several other games were failing to launch occasionally, I'd get DirectX errors when trying to start them, and they would only work after a reboot. I did a clean install of windows and still the problems persisted, and I was about to lose my mind... Did some searching and found somewhere someone suggested that you go into the radeon settings and turn on click on "display", then turn on "GPU scaling". I know this may not help with those of you who are using the intel integrated graphics or NVidia, though there might be a setting in their menus as well which is similar to GPU scaling, but for us AMD people it might help, it fixed my problems right away! I will also note that I am running the latest version of the amd drivers as of 6/4/17, 17.5.2

Hello @jesimuz
    It is very kind and thoughtful of you to post the workaround suggestion that helped to fix the issue in your game :)
  • Options
    TheSquealingPigTheSquealingPig Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey I have just started getting this issue. I purchased a Nvidia GTX 1060 and I have not been able to play the game since. I have been getting the same error as the OP. Here is a pastebin to my DxDiag. https://pastebin.com/iDutJF71. I have tried updating drivers, using nvidia control panel to set my processor, uninstalling, repairing, disabling origin in game, using my on disc drivers, and using beta builds and now I am convinced it is a hardware problem.
  • Options
    Hey I have just started getting this issue. I purchased a Nvidia GTX 1060 and I have not been able to play the game since. I have been getting the same error as the OP. Here is a pastebin to my DxDiag. https://pastebin.com/iDutJF71. I have tried updating drivers, using nvidia control panel to set my processor, uninstalling, repairing, disabling origin in game, using my on disc drivers, and using beta builds and now I am convinced it is a hardware problem.

Hello @TheSquealingPig
    Try going to Windows Update and make sure that your computer is uptodate.

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
  • Options
    TheSquealingPigTheSquealingPig Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow Booting it in windowed mode did the trick! Do you know what may have caused this issue?
  • Options
  • Options
    @rosemow Booting it in windowed mode did the trick! Do you know what may have caused this issue?

Hmm i suggested this a few posts back, I wonder if it helped the other people in this thread.
    Some people haven't been able to play in a very long time due to this error.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

Hmm i suggested this a few posts back, I wonder if it helped the other people in this thread.
    Some people haven't been able to play in a very long time due to this error.

@SimGuruNick this is another issue where some can only play in windowed mode even though their computers meet recommended requirements. Thanks
  • Options
    da_lungida_lungi Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    rosemow you are a lifesaver. Starting in windowed mode fixed my issue.

I was getting the error "Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system" after upgrading to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Did multiple uninstall, reboot, reinstall. Game refresh, nothing helped.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

> @rosemow said:
    > TheSquealingPig wrote: »
    >
    > Hey I have just started getting this issue. I purchased a Nvidia GTX 1060 and I have not been able to play the game since. I have been getting the same error as the OP. Here is a pastebin to my DxDiag. https://pastebin.com/iDutJF71. I have tried updating drivers, using nvidia control panel to set my processor, uninstalling, repairing, disabling origin in game, using my on disc drivers, and using beta builds and now I am convinced it is a hardware problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TheSquealingPig
    > Try going to Windows Update and make sure that your computer is uptodate.
    >
    > Try starting the game in windowed mode
    > https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
    >
    > Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    > Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    > Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    > Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
  • Options
    da_lungi wrote: »

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    rosemow you are a lifesaver. Starting in windowed mode fixed my issue.

I was getting the error "Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system" after upgrading to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Did multiple uninstall, reboot, reinstall. Game refresh, nothing helped.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

> @rosemow said:
    > TheSquealingPig wrote: »
    >
    > Hey I have just started getting this issue. I purchased a Nvidia GTX 1060 and I have not been able to play the game since. I have been getting the same error as the OP. Here is a pastebin to my DxDiag. https://pastebin.com/iDutJF71. I have tried updating drivers, using nvidia control panel to set my processor, uninstalling, repairing, disabling origin in game, using my on disc drivers, and using beta builds and now I am convinced it is a hardware problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TheSquealingPig
    > Try going to Windows Update and make sure that your computer is uptodate.
    >
    > Try starting the game in windowed mode
    > https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
    >
    > Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    > Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    > Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    > Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

I am glad that your issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    susubeansususubeansu Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi there, I just installed Sims 4 into my outdated PC running Windows Vista and upon trying to open the game this message pops up.
    There should be enough storage to be able to play and Open In Game has been disabled but the results are the same. Are there any other solutions to this? :(
  • Options
    susubeansu wrote: »
    Hi there, I just installed Sims 4 into my outdated PC running Windows Vista and upon trying to open the game this message pops up.
    There should be enough storage to be able to play and Open In Game has been disabled but the results are the same. Are there any other solutions to this? :(

Origin is only supporting windows 7, 8 and 10. You will also get this notice if your PC video card does not meet requirements or you have an outdated video driver on a supported video card. I suspect your hardware may be too old to run the game efficiently.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > susubeansu wrote: »
    >
    > Hi there, I just installed Sims 4 into my outdated PC running Windows Vista and upon trying to open the game this message pops up.
    > There should be enough storage to be able to play and Open In Game has been disabled but the results are the same. Are there any other solutions to this? :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Origin is only supporting windows 7, 8 and 10. You will also get this notice if your PC video card does not meet requirements or you have an outdated video driver on a supported video card. I suspect your hardware may be too old to run the game efficiently.

Would it be possible to run the game at all?
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > Hi there, I just installed Sims 4 into my outdated PC running Windows Vista and upon trying to open the game this message pops up.
    > There should be enough storage to be able to play and Open In Game has been disabled but the results are the same. Are there any other solutions to this? :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Origin is only supporting windows 7, 8 and 10. You will also get this notice if your PC video card does not meet requirements or you have an outdated video driver on a supported video card. I suspect your hardware may be too old to run the game efficiently.

Would it be possible to run the game at all?

You would need a newer version of windows. Being that I know you would have older hardware having vista at the moment, there is a good chance your hardware would be too old to support windows 10. The hardware may not even work with the game. Do you know your computer specs? Is it a laptop or a desktop? This game runs on more modern hardware.

can you post your (computer specs) DxDiag please. You will have to post the DxDiag in sections in multiple posts . Its a large text file and won't fit in one post. How to gather a DxDiag https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > > susubeansu wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hi there, I just installed Sims 4 into my outdated PC running Windows Vista and upon trying to open the game this message pops up.
    > > There should be enough storage to be able to play and Open In Game has been disabled but the results are the same. Are there any other solutions to this? :(
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Origin is only supporting windows 7, 8 and 10. You will also get this notice if your PC video card does not meet requirements or you have an outdated video driver on a supported video card. I suspect your hardware may be too old to run the game efficiently.
    >
    > Would it be possible to run the game at all?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You would need a newer version of windows. Being that I know you would have older hardware having vista at the moment, there is a good chance your hardware would be too old to support windows 10. The hardware may not even work with the game. Do you know your computer specs? Is it a laptop or a desktop? This game runs on more modern hardware.
    >
    > can you post your (computer specs) DxDiag please. You will have to post the DxDiag in sections in multiple posts . Its a large text file and won't fit in one post. How to gather a DxDiag https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

It's a dinosaur desktop. Fortunately it's also a flat screen to spare me further embarrassment.
    Here's the link to the DxDiag from pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/AtRcztTC
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > > susubeansu wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hi there, I just installed Sims 4 into my outdated PC running Windows Vista and upon trying to open the game this message pops up.
    > > There should be enough storage to be able to play and Open In Game has been disabled but the results are the same. Are there any other solutions to this? :(
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Origin is only supporting windows 7, 8 and 10. You will also get this notice if your PC video card does not meet requirements or you have an outdated video driver on a supported video card. I suspect your hardware may be too old to run the game efficiently.
    >
    > Would it be possible to run the game at all?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You would need a newer version of windows. Being that I know you would have older hardware having vista at the moment, there is a good chance your hardware would be too old to support windows 10. The hardware may not even work with the game. Do you know your computer specs? Is it a laptop or a desktop? This game runs on more modern hardware.
    >
    > can you post your (computer specs) DxDiag please. You will have to post the DxDiag in sections in multiple posts . Its a large text file and won't fit in one post. How to gather a DxDiag https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

It's a dinosaur desktop. Fortunately it's also a flat screen to spare me further embarrassment.
    Here's the link to the DxDiag from pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/AtRcztTC

LOL. Even if you could upgrade windows the specs on this computer are not supported for the game and don't meet requirements. Sorry for the bad news. You would definitely need a new computer to run this game. Desktop on average $700 and up USD . Laptops $900 and up depending on sales. Prices vary in other countries. If your in the market for a new computer we can help you find one that will survive the whole game with add ons. If you bought this game through origin and don't have a computer to play on EA might give you a refund. You would have to contact them directly.
  • Options
    osnapitzmaddyosnapitzmaddy Posts: 18 New Member
    Everything is up to date on my laptop for the game... I also turned off the Origin in game thing and it didn't do anything. Someone please help because I am not very computer savvy lol!
    PLEASE HELP <3
  • Options
    Everything is up to date on my laptop for the game... I also turned off the Origin in game thing and it didn't do anything. Someone please help because I am not very computer savvy lol!
    PLEASE HELP <3

can you post your (computer specs) DxDiag please. You will have to post the DxDiag in sections in multiple posts . Its a large text file and won't fit in one post. How to gather a DxDiag https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/