Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Porting The Sims 2 to Android/iOS

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
Hey everyone. I was just looking up phone specifications, and I got to thinking how these tiny devices are much more powerful than the machines we had in the 90's and early 2000's. I mean, the first computer we had in 1997 probably had 20 GB total in its HDD, and today that's woefully insufficient for all your cat videos.

Do you think that in theory, it's doable for The Sims 2 to run on Android and iOS devices? (The high-end ones anyway) The base game needed only 256 MB of RAM, and the GPU's look like they can do a little bit of heavy lifting. A touchscreen interface would work too, since we can just swipe and pinch for camera controls.

I'm actually fine with just having TS2 on PC, but it's just a little thought experiment.

I know they have some sort of Freeplay thing on mobile, but I haven't tried it, so I can't tell if it's more demanding than TS2.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited March 2015
    The technology is there, but i would think that the Battery will suffer.

I have an Iphone here, that has Both GTA Vice City and San Andreas, and by golly do those games turn a 90% Battery charge to a 81% - 76% charge of battery in just approximately 4 - 6 Mins of gameplay including cutscenes.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The technology is there, but i would think that the Battery will suffer.

I have an Iphone here, that has Both GTA Vice City and San Andreas, and by golly do those games turn a 90% Battery charge to a 81% - 76% charge of battery in just approximately 4 - 6 Mins of gameplay including cutscenes.

Good point. I have the Assassin's Creed Unity companion app, and it sucks the battery out even though it's more lightweight than TS2.

Maybe if you lug around a laptop battery you could play older games on a phone or tablet. ^_^
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimmererSimmerer Posts: 1 New Member
    Total 🐸🐸🐸🐸, guys! You know that EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE! EVERYTHING!! ;) Even before it was! It’s all about wish.. )