Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it true that there's a 2 sims maximum limit for a photo?

I've been watching some of the trailers and the gamespot gameplay video. Get To Work seems to have lots of interesting stuff, but I'm stil seeing the lack of AI reactions, like when sims were being zapped in the video, for example.

That lack of reaction really bothers me. I hope that will be tweaked really soon. I really like the look of this EP, and I love the OFB aspects of sims.

But to get on topic, I'm noticing the photos for the photographer "career" has, at most, 2 sims. Is this true?

I had hoped to have family photos. Maybe in the Generations EP?
~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
(She/her)

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They had said some thing about this. And I think that it was confirmed that only two sims can be in a group photo during the photo skill thing. :(
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Rumor is it might be tied to photography skill level.. as in the video it did allow more than 2 sims to be selected they just didnt go into the photo and the photography skill in the video was low.

so its possible.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Rumor is it might be tied to photography skill level.. as in the video it did allow more than 2 sims to be selected they just didnt go into the photo and the photography skill in the video was low.

so its possible.

Oh, I hope it's just a skill thing, then! *crosses fingers* I just can't bear to hear about more restrictions/omissions for this generation of sims. :(
    (She/her)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I thought 2 was confirmed? Posing larger groups could get pretty complicated - the range of options you'd need for different Sim size and *ahem* width combinations would go way up. (Like it does in RL. But with possible clipping.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I thought 2 was confirmed? Posing larger groups could get pretty complicated - the range of options you'd need for different Sim size and *ahem* width combinations would go way up. (Like it does in RL. But with possible clipping.)

Oh, dear. Then, I hope it comes in a future Generations EP, then.

If it never comes up ever in the future, then this is going to be another feature that's too "complicated"...like babies not being attached to cribs, etc.... :(
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    :'(

Hope it will be possible in a future EP....I'm losing some hope for this game if it doesn't ever show up in the future....
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    :'( That's really disappointing, I was hoping to take a family portrait too.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    But I thought they said you could take family photos...I hope that there is a mod that will come out for it then because I am going to be using those to make my thumbnails lol
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • Options
    bitterascandybitterascandy Posts: 224 Member
    considering that we never could take pics of more than one before i think this is great....but yes a family would be nice or a larger group but i think that for this purpose being able to take doubles is great...just think...engagement and wedding photos!!!
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    considering that we never could take pics of more than one before i think this is great....but yes a family would be nice or a larger group but i think that for this purpose being able to take doubles is great...just think...engagement and wedding photos!!!

Well, with the photo booth we could take pictures of 2 sims already.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Family photos to them are two Sims. Typical laziness of Maxis. Looking back at other games, it amazes me how terrible they've become.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    yes..but not with backdrops and posing....i think it will be great
  • Options
    or even editing and frames....love the options of instagram like pictures
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Their probebly selling family photo actions for when the greeting cards return probebly in seasons.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2015
    I miss all the reactions to :/

When Sims fight or example in the street other Sims just walk past and don't even do anything :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsSRO36cM10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kd3iL3YssQ

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The way I understand it, only two sims can be in a posed photo. But there´s also the option to take a photo of the landscape (can´t remember what it was called, "take photo of..." I think). Well, if there happen to be more than 2 sims within sight, all of them will be on the photo. You just don´t get the fancy poses, but you´ll be totally be able to capture the proud newlyweds together with the cheering guests and put that on the wall.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Their probebly selling family photo actions for when the greeting cards return probebly in seasons.

Hopefully we get more options for them if they do them again :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    The greeting cards in TS3 let you take pics of up to 8 sims.
  • Options

Oh, I hope that could be a possibility! You're much more optimistic than I. :)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Well, with the photo booth we could take pictures of 2 sims already.

And the photo tents in Seasons could take group pictures of an entire family/household.

Just imagine the money rolling in for the Sim photographers:

1. Photo of mom and dad together.
    2. Photo of mom with eldest child.
    3. Photo of dad with eldest child.
    4. Photo of mom with second child.
    5. Photo of dad with second child.
    6. Photo of the two children together
    7. Etc. for all the kids in the family.

:|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Oh, I hope that could be a possibility! You're much more optimistic than I. :)

The greeting cards were well liked so I'm sure they will be bought back in a seasons ep.

• Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    I've been watching some of the trailers and the gamespot gameplay video. Get To Work seems to have lots of interesting stuff, but I'm stil seeing the lack of AI reactions, like when sims were being zapped in the video, for example.

That lack of reaction really bothers me. I hope that will be tweaked really soon. I really like the look of this EP, and I love the OFB aspects of sims.

But to get on topic, I'm noticing the photos for the photographer "career" has, at most, 2 sims. Is this true?

I wanted to clear something up. When SimGuruAzure said there was a limit of 2, she was talking about the Photo Studio object. If you take a photograph anywhere else in the world, it all depends on how you frame your shot. You can definitely have more than 2 Sims in your photos. There is no limit for the "Take Picture" interaction on normal cameras.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

I wanted to clear something up. When SimGuruAzure said there was a limit of 2, she was talking about the Photo Studio object. If you take a photograph anywhere else in the world, it all depends on how you frame your shot. You can definitely have more than 2 Sims in your photos. There is no limit for the "Take Picture" interaction on normal cameras.

RELIEVED!!!!! I always thought 2 would be a pair...a couple...but not a group! <3 ..(A confusion by us simmers were thrown in the mix glad to know now it's fixed...thanks )
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

Then I understood it correctly, thank you for confirming this :)