Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sad but true

10590600_922188437805804_8130110686651323336_n.png?oh=c6786528f176e75d48b49d3297e96332&oe=55708B0C&__gda__=1437672116_4ec7b68ab75dbd2509f31af94bda5cca

expectation x reality (Brazilian Portuguese)
Zvt4d0O.gif

Comments

• Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    True, but the team said they are aware we want more lots, so hopefully the next time a new neighbourhood is unveiled, it'll be slightly larger. :joy:

Also massive throwback to TS1 in that screenshot... I remember taking my Sims downtown on dates there... Mrs Crumplebottom would always be waiting. :lol:
  • Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Patience.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    \Its not that bad really... Well i like it anyway but agree it could be a dinky bit bigger. I like it either way i guess.
  • Options
    Jacke1012Jacke1012 Posts: 118 Member
    It is a very new game in the future I bet you they will add more.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    would really like to know that vision the devs are actualizing
    first i thought i'd figured it out & it was about low specs systems but since TS4 is using after the last update more than 5 GB of my dedicated memory that cannot be the vision
    rather it's some sort of simplification & reduction - maybe the task is :

how far can you simplify & remove things from the game play so the remaining players still recognize it as The Sims
    hm ... musical chairs ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Lenne42Lenne42 Posts: 80 Member
    I personally would prefer 20 (GP & EP) small lots than 7 (EP only) big lots. Especially since my sims can vist every single one of them. Unlike past games where sims couldn't jump from world to world. No strange town, pleasant view jumping in the sims 3. Or Bella Goth would've just gone home! No Bridgeport, Isle Paradisio jumping either or I'd have taken my sims on vacation there instead of the WA sub-hoods. [which can be done if you add the NRAAS Traveler mod that will break the game if your PC couldn't handle world jumping and you won't know if it can till you try...lovely isn't it.]
    That's probably why the worlds are small. And so the load screen doesn't take more time and so they can add a lot of small worlds for our sims to play in.
    I think you guys are forgetting what makes the game so different from last installments when you judge the things in sims 4.
    That's like taking the restaurants from the sims 2 and putting it up against the diner and cafe from sims 3. There's no comparison so stop comparing.

That being said a CAW tool for TS4 would not be remiss.

(CAW=Create A World
    EP=Expansion Pack
    GP=Game Pack
    WA=World Adventure EP)
    [img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg
    Check out this YouTube Channel! MySimsVideos has Mod Tutorials, Game Reviews & GIVEAWAYS! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HOU-s_hNldYgy86_waGAA?app=desktop&persist_app=1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Remember, there are 4 other new Neighborhoods we are getting that you can't see on the map :)
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Remember, there are 4 other new Neighborhoods we are getting that you can't see on the map :)

Correct. All this gloom & doom is much ado about nothing. I like how they are rolling out GP's/EP's for the Sims 4. Much more manageable.

With GTW I have not seen this much content in one EP in any of the Sims series. People would be so much better off if they would stop being so crabby & turn that frown upside down.

It's really simple if you don't like it, don't buy it. Go buy something that will make you happy. Or at least take a xanax. Sheesh!
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    @jackjack_k what 4 other new neighbourhoods? Did I miss something :o
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    @altad1 yeah... no, you didn't. Those are the 4 new lots in the picture (so 1 new world with 1 new hood). There are 3 new career buildings. I don't know where they are and I've lost too much interest to actively find out.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited March 2015
    Unless I also missed something we are not getting 4 new neighborhoods. It's one tiny, weenie little neighborhood comprised of 4 lots.
  • Options
    @altad1 wrote: »

The alien world and career lots are all in their own Neighborhoods.
  • Options
    @Shaobun wrote: »
    @altad1 yeah... no, you didn't. Those are the 4 new lots in the picture (so 1 new world with 1 new hood). There are 3 new career buildings. I don't know where they are and I've lost too much interest to actively find out.

They are in new Neighbourhoods, plus the Alien world.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Unless I also missed something we are not getting 4 new neighborhoods. It's one tiny, weenie little neighborhood comprised of 4 lots.

We've been told each of the Career buildings come with their own Neighbourhoods, and the Alien world is another Neighbourhood, plus the Neighbourhood we see here.

Also, the new Neighbourhood is actually the biggest we've had, not "Teenie Weenie" compared to the rest. The entire blue space you see on the map around the Retail District is explorable, including the Pier and Park next to the district.

1909351_948243285185805_4917861441144951086_o.jpg?dl=1

• Options
    Sorry would have multi-quoted but it won't let me on my mobile :/
  • Options

I did wonder if that's what you were meaning :) I wasn't really counting them as new neighbourhoods, as they are only playable if my sim joins the careers associated with them but can't freely travel to them.
  • Options

I did wonder if that's what you were meaning :) I wasn't really counting them as new neighbourhoods, as they are only playable if my sim joins the careers associated with them but can't freely travel to them.

Yeah I get you. If you think of it this way, had we not needed Career lots or anything, they probably would have been used for Residential and the new world would have been around the size of the existing worlds.
    I'm just guessing the created the new world and then had to use each hood for various things, and we were left with one for Retail.

Which is why I think Daniel popped in to say more is coming, Get To Work just didn't end up delivering in the department.

As least, IMO, it's good they still made worlds for those lots. So we won't have to plop them in each hood taking up space later on lol.
  • Options

Yeah I get you. If you think of it this way, had we not needed Career lots or anything, they probably would have been used for Residential and the new world would have been around the size of the existing worlds.
    I'm just guessing the created the new world and then had to use each hood for various things, and we were left with one for Retail.

Which is why I think Daniel popped in to say more is coming, Get To Work just didn't end up delivering in the department.

As least, IMO, it's good they still made worlds for those lots. So we won't have to plop them in each hood taking up space later on lol.

I agree. I'm not really worried by the size of the neighbourhood at the moment, as I'm sure it will change in the future. I think it's a great idea the way they've implemented the work venues so as not to take up neighbourhood space.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think they placed the career lots in their own "world" so that they would not take up space in the world maps of WC and OS. That way, they can add more lots to the world maps in the future. In S3, it was a pain trying to add new venues into worlds every time a new EP was released.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member

We've been told each of the Career buildings come with their own Neighbourhoods, and the Alien world is another Neighbourhood, plus the Neighbourhood we see here.

Also, the new Neighbourhood is actually the biggest we've had, not "Teenie Weenie" compared to the rest. The entire blue space you see on the map around the Retail District is explorable, including the Pier and Park next to the district.

The career worlds do not count as only those sims in that particular career can access them.

I call 4 buildable lots teenie weenie when you consider the sheer amount of space and lots we had in previous games.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think they placed the career lots in their own "world" so that they would not take up space in the world maps of WC and OS. That way, they can add more lots to the world maps in the future. In S3, it was a pain trying to add new venues into worlds every time a new EP was released.

So true. I'm absolutely fine with a new career neighborhood.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

I would much rather all that "explorable" wasted green space was actual buildable space. What's the point? I'm not Lewis and Clark. How is it asking too much to expect that at least that entire are be full of buildable lots?

This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    I like to think all that space will eventually be used for something or we'll have the ability to add more lots.