Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fave Expansion Pack?

Mine is personally late night as there are many bars. I adore the celeb feature. Though sometimes it gets annoying... Whats yours?
I am the champion, my friend

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Seasons.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Its a triple header for me, WA, LN and Seasons.
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    Tbh, I only have LN, but from youtube video's I love Generations and seasons, they seem to work together well!
    Tbh, I only have LN, but from youtube video's I love Generations and seasons, they seem to work together well!
    Agreed. They're both very family-oriented packs.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Mine is probably late night cuz it came with lots of clothes and content; it doesn't lag for me and it came with a world.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    Seasons <3
    Late night too - nothing better than taking my sims to a pub on a cool autumn day.
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• efaspaceefaspace Posts: 85 Member
    This is a tough one! Late Night for sure, Seasons as well (although it doesn't run that great for me, my game is laggy) but also generations :)
  • oneeyemcflyoneeyemcfly Posts: 94 Member
    Probably seasons.
    [img][/img]cSwUxVF.jpg
  • Scarlett2311Scarlett2311 Posts: 44 Member
    LN is my fave - I send my sims to clubs and it never gets boring because each night is a different story based off of what's the hotspot and who is there. Plus, I love the bars and bar games.
  • monday_34monday_34 Posts: 211 Member
    Seasons. I REALLY love Generations and World Adventure, but Seasons just changes everything about your game in small ways. There are so any new seasonal interactions and items/decorations, and going to festivals can be really fun. It also gives you a sense of time that doesn't exist without it. Holidays are fun, it's neat to decorate for them and add an extra "real" feeling element to the game, the ability to go have a BBQ, get a tan and shoot off fireworks during the Summer Festival, carve a pumpkin, put on a costume and go trick-or-treating on Spooky Day, and having the extra days off work/school are a nice break. :)
    Also, it comes with a LOT of new items and a whole new clothing section, so it adds depth in that regard too.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    monday_34 wrote: »
    Seasons. I REALLY love Generations and World Adventure, but Seasons just changes everything about your game in small ways. There are so any new seasonal interactions and items/decorations, and going to festivals can be really fun. It also gives you a sense of time that doesn't exist without it. Holidays are fun, it's neat to decorate for them and add an extra "real" feeling element to the game, the ability to go have a BBQ, get a tan and shoot off fireworks during the Summer Festival, carve a pumpkin, put on a costume and go trick-or-treating on Spooky Day, and having the extra days off work/school are a nice break. :)
    Also, it comes with a LOT of new items and a whole new clothing section, so it adds depth in that regard too.

This is basically what I was going to say. The reason I like Seasons is that it kind of breaks up the game. Like I look forward to next (sim) week because my sim can learn snowboarding and he can't do that any other time. Etc, etc.

I think the ones that I really could not play without are Seasons, Generations, Ambitions, and Late Night. I like all of the other ones too, but could probably still play without them if I had to.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Uni.

But the only EP you could remove from my game and I wouldn't miss it or even notice for a while would be Showtime. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    World Adventures. I like the foreign locals and missions. It's fun to bring stuff from tomb robbing forays back to decorate your home with too! Closely after that is Late Night though. I really like the urban feel. My favorite world though is Roaring Heights.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love all of the ones I've got and would even love to add Ambitions and Showtime to my collection.I've got everything except for those two installed and would notice right away if any were uninstalled unless I'd just replaced Into The Future with a digital install.I just love all of my Sims 3 games and want the entire collection.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    > @JasonAnthonySterling said:
    > World Adventures. I like the foreign locals and missions. It's fun to bring stuff from tomb robbing forays back to decorate your home with too! Closely after that is Late Night though. I really like the urban feel. My favorite world though is Roaring Heights.

I think I'd be scaredof the mummy's LOL!!!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    > World Adventures. I like the foreign locals and missions. It's fun to bring stuff from tomb robbing forays back to decorate your home with too! Closely after that is Late Night though. I really like the urban feel. My favorite world though is Roaring Heights.

I WAS! I was scared of the fire too! LOL I kept waiting for my sim to drop dead but we got through it. Ha ha! It was a little nerve racking though.
  • islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    That's a tough one. I loved Late Night, for the high rise apartments, the hot spots, the celebrity system, and the vampires (although, I never got around to playing any supes other than the fairy and mermaid..). Seasons and Generations were up there as well.. they provided so much flavorful gameplay, even if not the most overt.

But then I start thinking about Pets, and Supernatural, and Into the Future (I loved plumbots, tube elevators, the little hoverboards, and one of my favorite "base" houses was in Oasis Landing..). Oh! And! I loved University and the sorority life (ha!)..

Ok, so maybe I liked them all? D:
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

> @TadOlson said:
    > I love all of the ones I've got and would even love to add Ambitions and Showtime to my collection.I've got everything except for those two installed and would notice right away if any were uninstalled unless I'd just replaced Into The Future with a digital install.I just love all of my Sims 3 games and want the entire collection.

Yeah, I can relate. I only started playing in June of 2014, and wound up buying everything within the following weeks (a short time before they all went on sale, OF COURSE). I forgot about ambitions.. I had a blast as a stylist, and I wish I'd had the patience to go for Interior Designer/Architect.. but my game went a bit wonky at that point.

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I guess if I had to choose one long term favorite, it would be Late Night. So much was added to the game with that EP: bars, dance clubs and lounges; club dancing, vampires, hot tubs; additional musical instruments and jamming; film careers and celebrities; cities with high rises and combined function rabbit holes so less lots are needed.

Currently my favorite EPs to play with are University and Seasons since I just got them within the year and I'm still exploring many of their options.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member

I WAS! I was scared of the fire too! LOL I kept waiting for my sim to drop dead but we got through it. Ha ha! It was a little nerve racking though.

It's only nerve wracking the first few times you do it. Then you know nothing bad will happen and start enjoying sending new sims to adventure - then suddenly you are nicely relaxed and enjoying the adventure and a Sim goes home and drops dead because they got cursed by a mummy. Then there is learning how to recover from that. And now I get frustrated when my level 10 Martial Arts Sim keeps killing mummies when she is supposed to become cursed to do an achievement.
    The EPs I don't need are World Adventures, Into The Future and Supernatural.

My favorite EPs are Seasons, Generations, Late Night and Univesity Life.

In fact, TS3 is the only Sims game I can play without any add-ons. I never played TS2 base game alonr and I dislike TS4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited March 2015
    Seasons. I love the weather. And alien pregnancies. If I had to play with only one expansion, that's the one I'd pick.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • AstreaVincentAstreaVincent Posts: 39 Member
    Seasons, no doubt. I love weather especially snow in my video games. One of my favorite things about Skyrim is the snow. I live in Texas so that may be part of it :D
    Hodor
    -Walder
    Wishlist <3
  • greenteagreentea Posts: 235 Member
    Seasons has always been my favorite.
    Karritz wrote: »

It's only nerve wracking the first few times you do it. Then you know nothing bad will happen and start enjoying sending new sims to adventure - then suddenly you are nicely relaxed and enjoying the adventure and a Sim goes home and drops dead because they got cursed by a mummy. Then there is learning how to recover from that. And now I get frustrated when my level 10 Martial Arts Sim keeps killing mummies when she is supposed to become cursed to do an achievement.

I was bad, I didn't want my sim to die, so in addition to saving (of course) I used TCE and teleport :naughty: