Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod to stop neighborhood romances?

I'm playing rotational gameplay and it seems like every time that I go to another house there's a romance with one of the npc sims or one of the other sims I'm playing. Is there a mod to stop this??? I've tried searching but all I can find is a mod to let teens and young adults romance. Help! I went to Cassandra Goth's house and her husband had 4 other women on his romance tab!

Comments

• Options
    YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    just kill them all off
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    YuiVoo wrote: »
    just kill them all off

I usually do when they're townies but this time it's sims I'm playing in the rotation. :neutral:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I think people are using this to tone it down some? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537857
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I think people are using this to tone it down some? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537857

Thanks I'll try that out. It's cool that it also has no rude intro. Now if there was a cheat or something to remove someone from the relationship screen for the ones that already did it. *sigh*
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited March 2015
    For now there are a couple ways of controlling romance to some degree. There's a mod called the Faithful Trait. Here is the link....http://verysimmly.tumblr.com/page/2.

In my game, I add this trait to my sims when rotating around town and so far it's worked really well in keeping the sims from romantic things. When ready to play that house again, i just remove the faithful trait from them. In order to get this mod to work for you in like manner, you will need a debug cheat mod. Use the debug cheat to add or remove the faithful trait as needed. I use this debug cheat by Clown....http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735

The other way is using the debug cheat mod: Just shift click the sim and choose an emotion like focused while your away and with that emotion, they will hardly have desire for romance. When choosing emotions via the debug cheat, they last for 20 to 40 days, depending which level of emotion you use.
    Post edited by Sunirose on
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited March 2015

Thanks I'll try that out. It's cool that it also has no rude intro. Now if there was a cheat or something to remove someone from the relationship screen for the ones that already did it. *sigh*

Actually there is a way that has worked for me so far. Again, using the debug cheat mod, have your sim shift click on the sim you want to remove the relationship bar from, choose cheat relationship, then choose remove relationship bit. It will give you a list of relationship bits which you can delete what you don't want. Sometimes its a bit sensitive in that i have removed the relationship bar but it wasn't visibly removed until i quit out of game, cleared the cache files and restarted the game. No more relationship bars.

And if you need a plan B...just delete the sim that has a relationship bar with your sim, if of course the sim is irrelevant. And it will be as if your sim never knew that sim.
  • Options
    @Sunirose Why do you need to remove the faithful trait? Sorry I'm new to mods.
  • Options
    Just thought I'd add the pic I took...

romances.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I just read a thread and found this comment. It sounds like it could be a "bug" that still hasn't been fixed. I don't know if it truly is, but could be.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hmm.. could you use the relationship modification cheat? With testing cheats enabled:

modifyrelationship (yoursimsfirstname) (yoursimslastname) (targetsimfirstname) (targetsimlastname) (+ or - amount) Romance_Main /or/ Friendship_Main

So in this case it would be, say, if her husband's first name was Joseph:

modifyrelationship joseph goth dina caliente -100 Romance_Main
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    I hadn't thought of that, I'll try it.
  • Options
    oooh, let me know if it works. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

It made the romance section red.
  • Options

It made the romance section red.

Well, I'm not sure I want that either. I just want that section to disappear. I don't want them to hate each other. Hmm....
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, it's akin to breaking up with them - you'll still be friends, but the romantic aspect will be negative.. which I suppose would make them more averse to flirting with them. You might try a smaller denomination? like -50 or -25 depending on the percentage of the romance bar that's been filled?

• Options
    I guess it's the best fix I've found. I deleted the townie sim that was on Cassidy's list. I wish there was a way to just delete them off the list completely.
  • Options
    I know there's a cheat (shared via @TwistedMexican ) to entirely remove the relationship, but it involves knowing the SimID for both parties, which is kind of a pain.

relationship.destroy yoursimID targetsimID

For the sim ID, "use this command to get it. You're only interested in the long numerical string at the end."
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name (yoursimfirstname) (yoursimlastname)

The full list of the TwistedMexi cheats is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

• Options
    @islarosexiv Thanks I might try that!
  • Options
    Let me know how it goes!

• Options
    Let me know how it goes!

Totally not worth the trouble. The sim id is huge and you can't copy and paste it so I'd have to write it down for all of them.
  • Options
    Ah, that's what I thought.

• Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm playing rotational gameplay and it seems like every time that I go to another house there's a romance with one of the npc sims or one of the other sims I'm playing. Is there a mod to stop this??? I've tried searching but all I can find is a mod to let teens and young adults romance. Help! I went to Cassandra Goth's house and her husband had 4 other women on his romance tab!

@Rainydayz179 Lol, yep, this bothered me a lot at the beginning, but now I don't mind my Sims flirting on their own. I call it "natural attraction" now. Did you know Dina Caliente from my game "chose" the townie Efrain Hildebrand on her own? I just noticed them flirting all on their own when I was playing Scarlet (and had no control over Dina or Efrain). I can understand your frustration though. The flirtations and romances can be out of character - but with jealousy being very low-key, it's never broken up marriages or caused any real problems at all. I just say ignore it ;) Or use it -- if you want to select a romance option that your Sim has "naturally" picked :)

This philosophy is totally different than when I play the Sims 2. Heaven forbid a Sim gets caught cheating! It's the end of the world. You can't fix that relationship for a very loooooong time!!!
  • Options
    @RachelRosebud At first, I was using it. Nancy Landgraab had an affair with Steve Fogel that broke up her marriage. Nina Caliente wanted a baby and called up the townie on her romance tab. It didn't bother me until Cassandra's hubby Gunther had 3 women on his! LOL I guess I'm just being silly.