Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDEA: The Sims 4 School Days expansion pack

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think it would be AMAZING if we got a Sims 4 School Days expansion pack where we could follow our Sims´kids to a new School venue. Pre-teens and teens could also go there too. Imagine the story possibilities if the pack included School Romances (for teens especially) and pranks <3 What do you think? :smiley:
Edit: more information on this possible expansion pack:
- New active career : Teacher
- New venues: School (unlike in Get To Work, this venue can be seen on a new world's map screen, hopefully!), After School Clubs (specialized in several things, such as Sports, Dancing, Books, Arts etc.)
- Home school feature
- After School activities
- School buses
- Lunch breaks and maybe even a Food Fight if kids or teens are in that mood :wink:
- New party type: Graduation!
- New interactive objects: backpacks and bags (ability to put things in them, such as school books and letters to other students etc.), lunch boxes, drawing paper (and the ability to draw on every single table you want), school desks, blackboards and smartboads, etc.
And by the way, I think that University and School Days should be separate expansion packs, IF they will be made very detailed, but I wouldn't mind buying them in a 2 in 1 expansion pack (like with Get To Work) ^.^
Post edited by ULIBABA66 on

Comments

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Updated the original post :smiley:
  • IndyfayeIndyfaye Posts: 12 New Member
    Maybe it should be like teen can have more freedom
  • finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    I think this would make a nice game pack, but I'm not sure I'd like a whole expansion just on school - I don't think there'd be enough varied content.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've seen a few people propose active school as a thing, and I really like it! I feel like to do what Simmers really want, though, it would need a higher degree of story progression than we have now. (The way active careers will work in the super-exciting-I-can't-wait GTW EP suggests that.) That's so that as teachers or students, we'd meet our actual neighbours etc. in school, including from our other played families. Otherwise school wouldn't feel right.

And as someone whose enjoying not having story progression in my game, I have to say I'd welcome an element of it if it meant playable school! (I just don't want the game moving Sims and marrying them off and giving them unwanted jobs and whatnot.)

<--- was that kid who played "school" with her stuffed animals
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • madkatiemadkatie Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2015
    I actually really like this idea for an expansion pack. Preteen sims are something that I have wanted in my game for quite a while now, and this sort of expansion pack would be an appropriate way to introduce them into the game. I feel that it could be fun building your own schools, with different themes and stuff, like you could build a really high tech modern school, or a more old style school that has been around for centuries.

I also think that it could work combined with a university or college theme, in some sort of 'education' expansion pack.
    Also, with the after school activities, it would be good if our sims could continue with them through childhood and their teens, because it really annoyed me in the sims 3 that teen sims could not do ballet, but children could.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    I actually like this idea, and after what they've shown with careers and going to active lots I wonder if they'll pursue this for students and teachers (simmers who want to follow their sim kids to school can do so, while the rest will continue to leave them be). Maybe a combo of features from university and generations?

I mean we already know that people want preteens (also toddlers, but then we'd need a preschool or something to make it fit)
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Updated the original post again :smiley: thank you for all of you who want this expansion pack to be made too! :blush:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    The idea of going to school would be very cool BUT not if it's an EP just for it, that I don't agree.

I would like to see it in a Generations EP.

I think it would be pretty cool (they can't add new neighborhoods to existing worlds so it would have to be a lot like in GTW).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited March 2015
    @SugarRave This -would- be a great addition to University stuff!
    And I like the idea of combining it with Generations.

Hm, if they put out a Get To School EP, I'd like to see the neighborhood kids chosen first to fill the classrooms.
    If any y/adults/elders are in a teaching career then have them flagged as the first option for teachers too.

When children Plan Pranks at home, could we actually see that in action if we follow them to class?
    Passing notes raises social and friendship (and mischief if it's a caricature of the teacher!)
    PE or recess activities can raise motor skills etc, and a great chance to add new objects and activities for kids (like clubhouses, more playground equipment, playing sports, hide and seek, etc).

I'd love to see child aspirations expanded upon, and general actions like the option to make sandwiches and stuff for themselves.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Mirella DachevaMirella Dacheva Posts: 28 Member
    @ULIBABA66 , That's a great idea for a game pack! You should totally suggest it to Graham Nardone!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    would you guys want punishments as well. And would interactive schools also extend to boarding schools like in Sims 3?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Rebecca9596Rebecca9596 Posts: 27 New Member
    I really like where you guys are going with this idea. I was talking with a friend about not really caring for University all over again, because TS3 Uni was kinda boring after a relatively short time and we want to interact with the rest of our family, not just stay at uni with the kiddo... This idea you're going with can make that problem obsolete and I really hope they can make it happen in a way that will work similar to GTW because I like having the option to go or send them on their own. I'd like that same option in any school features. I'm also on board with the toddlers and such!

As a side note, I've recently come to realize I love messing with my Sims's love lives... I'd love the teen romance (and multi-sided love polygons) in a high school atmosphere now and then! :)
  • sumthinsweet111sumthinsweet111 Posts: 3 New Member
    Like a lot of people mentioned I would love to see the game gear more toward the teens in the game. I would love to be able to see them in school, joining clubs, playing sports, band, etc. I would love to be able to have a high school graduation, prom things like that would make the game so much more fun.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Something likeGTW, either you go or you stay home.
  • gomoxxooxxgomoxxooxx Posts: 4 New Member
    I would really like a cafeteria sort of thing where your parent/gaurdian (y adult,adult, elder) gives you lunch money, so like when transferring money to your shop/restaurant, and other sim kids/teens have lunch boxes or like put it in your school bag but if you put it in your school bag it will mold quicker than having a lunch box. It would be really cool to see the sims evolve into something new
  • TinaKawaiiSimsTinaKawaiiSims Posts: 101 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I think it would be AMAZING if we got a Sims 4 School Days expansion pack where we could follow our Sims´kids to a new School venue. Pre-teens and teens could also go there too. Imagine the story possibilities if the pack included School Romances (for teens especially) and pranks <3 What do you think? :smiley:
    - New venues: School (unlike in Get To Work, this venue can be seen on a new world's map screen, hopefully!), After School Clubs (specialized in several things, such as Sports, Dancing, Books, Arts etc.)
    - Home school feature
    - School buses
    - Lunch breaks and maybe even a Food Fight if kids or teens are in that mood :wink:
    - New interactive objects: backpacks and bags (ability to put things in them, such as school books and letters to other students etc.), lunch boxes, drawing paper (and the ability to draw on every single table you want), school desks, blackboards and smartboads, etc.
    And by the way, I think that University and School Days should be separate expansion packs, IF they will be made very detailed, but I wouldn't mind buying them in a 2 in 1 expansion pack (like with Get To Work) ^.^

i think this is a great idea! please make a petition! please help everyone so that finally gurus can see and hear us!
    gomoxxooxx wrote: »
    I would really like a cafeteria sort of thing where your parent/gaurdian (y adult,adult, elder) gives you lunch money, so like when transferring money to your shop/restaurant, and other sim kids/teens have lunch boxes or like put it in your school bag but if you put it in your school bag it will mold quicker than having a lunch box. It would be really cool to see the sims evolve into something new

i like your idea!
    I really like where you guys are going with this idea. I was talking with a friend about not really caring for University all over again, because TS3 Uni was kinda boring after a relatively short time and we want to interact with the rest of our family, not just stay at uni with the kiddo... This idea you're going with can make that problem obsolete and I really hope they can make it happen in a way that will work similar to GTW because I like having the option to go or send them on their own. I'd like that same option in any school features. I'm also on board with the toddlers and such!

As a side note, I've recently come to realize I love messing with my Sims's love lives... I'd love the teen romance (and multi-sided love polygons) in a high school atmosphere now and then! :)

great! finally someone hears me! :smiley: also i think we should have somthing like story progression so we can follow sims lives. etc. :smiley:
    i think that the gurus are not listening to us : how many times have i seen a guru respond to various questions regarding gameplay or even expansions etc? hardly any. Furthermore , i know that gurus are not going to reveal any information that is not yet pronounced as "coming out" or anything as such. however , we should still have some sort of response regarding these sorts of things. :smiley: > if reading i am not being mean just stating an opinion
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Your concept is pretty basic.
    Heres what it would need to be an EP:

A new hood, for education.
    • 3 schools.
    • A private school for children and teens. It has uniforms.
    • A primary school for children.
    • A secondary school for teens. (call it a high school if you will)
    • A progressive active career in teaching
    • A fourth venue for adult education.

The teaching career
    • Crossing gard/playground monitor. Start before school starts, end after it finishes, but there are brakes when the kids are in class.
    • Librarian
    • Primary school teacher
    • Secondary school teacher
    • Principal

Adult education. A community college of sorts.
    Adults can enrol, to improve their skills.
    Sims with maxed skills can be hired to teach. (a bit like how you can be a bartender for an evening, just turn up and do your thing).

If you delete the public schools, then all children and teens will attend private school, if you delete the priveate school, then the public schools will be where all your sims go. Place two private schools, and start a school rivalry.

Private schools
    • You choose the uniforms.
    • You choose the school badge/logo
    • You choose the shcool colours.
    • Children who attend private school are more likely to end up with the snob trait.

All schools
    • 3 classes per day.
    • Teens get to choose their own subjects.
    • Each subject has 3 classes a week (total of 5 subjects)

Subjects
    • Simlish (reading and writing)
    • Mathematics/science
    • Music
    • Art
    • P.E. (sport and fitness)
    • Home Ec. (cooking and fixing plumbing) For teens only.

There's also the posibility of casual jobs for adult sims.
    • Cook for cafeteria
    • School gardener
    • School cleaner (those toilets won't clean themselves!)
    • Bus driver
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Stardust7663Stardust7663 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this idea, and I'd like the teaching career to be a profession like detective etc where we can be in the school and work up through different positions up to running classrooms and teaching sim kids. I guess it's because I'm studying to be a teacher and this is just something I have ALWAYS hoped for in every Sim game. *Fingers crossed*
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I love the idea for an active school day.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    - Home school feature
    - School buses

Love this idea!