Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Emotions Emotions Emotions but they forgot the most basic emotions!

DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
They added many emotions in the game
and try to apply emotions and etc.
but did anyone else find it odd that
FEAR, SCARED, TERRIFIED isnt even added?!
I mean with ghosts running around
your sims arent afraid of ghosts?
o 3o

what the fudgesiclesauce?!

before they add toddlers, I rather they patch in Fear, Afraid and Terrified
maybe even add a ghost from being scared to death
:3
which has the emotional aura to make everyone around him scared or horrified.

:3

Anyone?

Comments

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    They can't even get the current emotions to work.... But no I don't think it's odd that those emotions weren't added. I come to expect this. They will probably try to sell it to us in some Supernatural EP or something.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    They can't even get the current emotions to work.... But no I don't think it's odd that those emotions weren't added. I come to expect this. They will probably try to sell it to us in some Supernatural EP or something.

oh plumsiclesauce.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2015
    I want them to fix the fact that sims barely ever have any reaction to death unless they happen to be standing in the sweet spot, which seems to be no more than a few feet away, in the same room, and facing in the right direction. I feel it's gamebreaking that say a parent can loose a child to drowning in the pool and they could easily just march right by the event, go inside the house to the kitchen, and grab a bowl of cereal from the fridge while grinning ear to ear.

After they get that sorted and maybe tune the roller coaster ride of ever changing emotions that don't last for more then a few seconds, then they can start adding more.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good ideas, in TS3, fear was one of the first thing I noticed, Sims afraid of the dark and hanging out at the grave yard, added more realism to the game
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    the Coward trait was one of the best-done traits in Sims 3, IMO.
    Andygal wrote: »
    the Coward trait was one of the best-done traits in Sims 3, IMO.

it was perfect-o.
  • domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    I think they'll add "fear" at some point as so many have been asking for it. I think the reason they didn't was because they felt "fear" would be too close to "tense" emotion, which was said in one of the ask gurus if I remember correctly.
    Definitely would be nice to have it as a separate one.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
    I think they'll add "fear" at some point as so many have been asking for it. I think the reason they didn't was because they felt "fear" would be too close to "tense" emotion, which was said in one of the ask gurus if I remember correctly.

tense and fear are two different kind of deaths
    and fear death should have your sim screaming or shrieking before collapsing dead.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Personally I think the tense emotion is fairly pointless and they should remove it and divide the moodlets up between angry, afraid, and bored (for the low fun moodlets). And maybe Sad for some of the trait based tense moodlets like the Lovelorn one.
  • domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

tense and fear are two different kind of deaths
    and fear death should have your sim screaming or shrieking before collapsing dead.

Haha! That would be great! XD
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I think the biggest lie we were sold is 'smarter sims'.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope they add fear at some point, I don't like these Sims don't really get very unhappy about anything. Fear could be used to help bring back failure states that would make the game more enjoyable like the past games. Failure and successes seem to be missing but go hand in hand, and fear could help mold the game more into the right direction. But I doubt that happening. I think fear might be one of those 'not in the spirit of the game emotions.' Who knows. Cynical by now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    They should add fear. Tense isn't the same at all it can lead up to fear but it isn't fear, I know this as I am always tense out for some reason.
    fear is one of the most basic and primal emotion in the existence of life.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    This game has emotions? That's new ...