Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Really love this game but...

DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
I like this game alot.
at first i was upset
i was disappointed
i was heartbrokened.

but as time passes, this game seems to have crawl itself under my skin
and i come to like it, and perhaps even love it.
and i do find it nice to express my love for this game, and my disappointment of this game in this forums where all opinions is accepted.
thus being, i find it rather odd that some people would make fake alternative accounts to post that they love this game at the same time pointing fingers at people who dont love this game... i find it rather peculiar that their use of irony and sarcasm at the same time of flame baiting is quite the opposite of people who love this game...

but lets take a few steps back...
and analyze Sims Lovers in general.

whose to say someone who hates the sims 4 is actually someone who hates the sims?
thats improbable and can be quite impossible.
i mean im sure at one point we all loved the movie "The Hobbit" and as such... there were many people who held pitchforks after "The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies" was released.
But can you say that they actually HATE Tolkien's works? No you cant.

You could view the Hobbit the same as The Sims
Tolkien = Maxis
Peter Jackson = EA

sure there were times Peter Jackson tries to deliver but failed.
but could you say the negative comments left by the fandoms be meant as they hate it?
you cant really, because these people spent their lives learning elvish and orcish, and occassional cosplays and endless roleplays!

just like the sims 4
and the sims franchise.

heck im sure alot if not most of those negative commenters are people who at some point spoke simlish in real life
or walk around and pretend they were a sim.. no matter how briefly.

so is it wrong to assume that all negative commenters are toxic?
I mean all in all, why is it hard for some people to see that negative comments are valuable because usually they are left by passionate customers who DONT WANT TO SEE THIS FRANCHISE DIE

The Sims got me through some hard times,
The Sims meant alot to me
The Sims was my FIRST PC game

I loved the sims
and continue to do
occassionally i question the route they take
like.. Sparkly Vampires.. ughh.. that was just the WORST
and why wont they add Durian Fruits?!

But all in all,
I would literally cry if The Sims franchise died.
I love the Sims
and many Simmers do aswell
good commenters who love the game
and bad commenters left by people who were disappointed.

it takes all kinds of people to make something perfect
and all views aswell.
if the only feedback the sims ever get is good, they would've derailed halfway in the sims 2..
and it would've fed into an ego that can cause unfathomable dire consequences.

Heck, If nobody said that "Paparrazzi and Sparkly Vampires are awful"
Sims 4 may make that horrible mistake by readding them in The Sims 4
Vampires are cool. just not sparkly ones that ask permission to drain blood...
Sims 2 Vampires were Awesomesauce

all in all

Respect both opinions
open your minds a little, see how other people view it
and you will be suprised as to how intellectually talented your peers are in the sims community.

:3

Ho Ho Ho
Merry Simming to you all
No matter what Sims you're playing
From Sims 1
to Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    It's a good OP, @Dariu..... Except "Ho Ho Ho!" What is going on?! Don't you realize it's the beloved time of Halloween, not Christmas!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Good OP. I think my journey with the Sims 4 was different. At first I liked it and now I just feel neutral about it after playing the game a bit and just want the game to improve. I've gotten bored playing it which is odd for me since I'm usually addicted to the Sims. But yes I do want the best for the franchise. I completely loved the Sims 1 and 2. I just haven't felt that same love since. I don't know if I ever will with the Sims 4. I wasn't in love with the Sims 3 either. I've just gotten to a point of accepting that both games will neglect my play styles and not for me to invest in. I know I'll be curious of the Sims 5 but with how much content was taken out of the Sims 4 and the online attempt, I have my worries for the future of the Sims. I'm fine with others like the Sims 4, it's just not my cup of tea like the first iterations of the franchise I fell in love with. I wish I could find someway to love the Sims 4, but in its current state, I just can't force myself to love it. I guess best way to describe it is the Sims 4 crushed my dollhouse game style like how adults can to the dollhouse in the game. Can the Gurus repair the dollhouse? I'm not sure and I can't wait forever to see it repaired.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    I like this game alot.
    at first i was upset
    i was disappointed
    i was heartbrokened.

but as time passes, this game seems to have crawl itself under my skin
    and i come to like it, and perhaps even love it.
    and i do find it nice to express my love for this game, and my disappointment of this game in this forums where all opinions is accepted.
    thus being, i find it rather odd that some people would make fake alternative accounts to post that they love this game at the same time pointing fingers at people who dont love this game... i find it rather peculiar that their use of irony and sarcasm at the same time of flame baiting is quite the opposite of people who love this game...

but lets take a few steps back...
    and analyze Sims Lovers in general.

whose to say someone who hates the sims 4 is actually someone who hates the sims?
    thats improbable and can be quite impossible.
    i mean im sure at one point we all loved the movie "The Hobbit" and as such... there were many people who held pitchforks after "The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies" was released.
    But can you say that they actually HATE Tolkien's works? No you cant.

You could view the Hobbit the same as The Sims
    Tolkien = Maxis
    Peter Jackson = EA

sure there were times Peter Jackson tries to deliver but failed.
    but could you say the negative comments left by the fandoms be meant as they hate it?
    you cant really, because these people spent their lives learning elvish and orcish, and occassional cosplays and endless roleplays!

just like the sims 4
    and the sims franchise.

heck im sure alot if not most of those negative commenters are people who at some point spoke simlish in real life
    or walk around and pretend they were a sim.. no matter how briefly.

so is it wrong to assume that all negative commenters are toxic?
    I mean all in all, why is it hard for some people to see that negative comments are valuable because usually they are left by passionate customers who DONT WANT TO SEE THIS FRANCHISE DIE

The Sims got me through some hard times,
    The Sims meant alot to me
    The Sims was my FIRST PC game

I loved the sims
    and continue to do
    occassionally i question the route they take
    like.. Sparkly Vampires.. ughh.. that was just the WORST
    and why wont they add Durian Fruits?!

But all in all,
    I would literally cry if The Sims franchise died.
    I love the Sims
    and many Simmers do aswell
    good commenters who love the game
    and bad commenters left by people who were disappointed.

it takes all kinds of people to make something perfect
    and all views aswell.
    if the only feedback the sims ever get is good, they would've derailed halfway in the sims 2..
    and it would've fed into an ego that can cause unfathomable dire consequences.

Heck, If nobody said that "Paparrazzi and Sparkly Vampires are awful"
    Sims 4 may make that horrible mistake by readding them in The Sims 4
    Vampires are cool. just not sparkly ones that ask permission to drain blood...
    Sims 2 Vampires were Awesomesauce

all in all

Respect both opinions
    open your minds a little, see how other people view it
    and you will be suprised as to how intellectually talented your peers are in the sims community.

:3

Ho Ho Ho
    Merry Simming to you all
    No matter what Sims you're playing
    From Sims 1
    to Sims 4
    Yes!
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Agreed 100%. But if the devs who created skylines makes a sims game that is amazing, you know what I'll be doing.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    Agreed 100%. But if the devs who created skylines makes a sims game that is amazing, you know what I'll be doing.

I will leave in a heartbeat if they make a life simulator game.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

If they could do that with the unity engine, imagine what they could do with their own engine.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member

If they could do that with the unity engine, imagine what they could do with their own engine.

*sings*

A whole new world
    A new fantastic point of view
    No one to tell us no or where to go
    Or say we're only dreaming
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

*sings*

A whole new world
    A new fantastic point of view
    No one to tell us no or where to go
    Or say we're only dreaming

Darnit dariu that's gonna be in my head for days now
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg