Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inner Window Framing Graphical Issue

WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
The inner framing of windows is extremely jagged for me even though my settings are all at ultra and everything else is smooth, even the inner framing of door windows. I think this needs to be looked into. Here's a screenshot showing the door vs window frames. The inner framing of the windows are jagged, but the inner framing around the door windows is smooth. Click the image for a bigger version that you can see the difference better.

tumblr_nl0cthJJ7y1rzq92mo1_1280.png
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Same :( the only windows I use are the full long glass ones.

Hopefully in time we get better windows and doors
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I can see it and my guess is its the game. Someone posted hanging pots in their kitchen and they are all octagon shaped when they should be or appear to be round. Thank EA for giving us beautiful graphics on the TS4
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited March 2015
    It's called aliasing. You probably just need to adjust the anti-aliasing setting for your GPU (graphics card) as there is no anti-aliasing setting in the game. Although I do have some aliasing with my Radeon R9 I don't worry about it in game since it's a minor thing and doesn't affect game play or building.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I have an Nvdia GeForce GTX 770, I was having the same issue. Graphics looked great except for windows - not all, but definitely those you have shown.

Here is what they looked like in my game before:
    11-12-14_8-20nbspAM_zpsdr4gagah.png
    It's pretty evident on the center, vertical muntin.

So I opened my Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings and changed my Antialiasing-Transparency to a higher setting. This is how the windows look on 8x (Supersample)

11-12-14_8-43nbspAM-2_zpsuhpk1psu.png

11-12-14_8-43nbspAM_zpsgmdox9ex.png

As you can see, quite a bit smoother. Hope this info helps someone.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    It's called aliasing. You probably just need to adjust the anti-aliasing setting for your GPU (graphics card) as there is no anti-aliasing setting in the game. Although I do have some aliasing with my Radeon R9 I don't worry about it in game since it's a minor thing and doesn't affect game play or building.
    though the game does have some pretty simplified graphics wolfeyes is right you can adjust your card settings to reduce and even eliminate the jagged lines http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_11.html

oh i should mention not a clue if this is possible for intel chips or even recommended
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    though the game does have some pretty simplified graphics wolfeyes is right you can adjust your card settings to reduce and even eliminate the jagged lines http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_11.html

oh i should mention not a clue if this is possible for intel chips or even recommended

Having been the owner/operator of a computer shop specializing in white boxes before Hurricane Katrina wiped us out might have something to do with it. ;)

I recommend starting with 2x and working your way up from there. If you set it too high it can contribute to lag. So set it in increments and stop when the jaggedness disappears.

ETA: If you experience lag then you'll want to drop it back down to the next lowest setting. You may not be able to eliminate all of the jaggedness but you can at least eliminate some.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    @wolfeyes ha! a pro!! ok i hope you let me pick your brain on some common nvidia issues, i play amd

@Jessa_Dakkar thanks for posting and bookmarking very helpful before and after
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    @wolfeyes ha! a pro!! ok i hope you let me pick your brain on some common nvidia issues, i play amd

@Jessa_Dakkar thanks for posting and bookmarking very helpful before and after

Well I don't call myself a pro but sure. I prefer AMD and Nvidia to Intel and ATI. Unfortunately, AMD bought out ATI rather than Nvidia. So I'm stuck with AMD and ATI. lol
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Yes, I remember @JoxerTM22 mentioning this in the ask a guru thread a while back and he too suggested changing your native graphic settings to a higher anti-aliasing method.

I recently remembered this tip when I got a new laptop and saw those ugly window jaggies!
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    As others have said you need to tweak your graphics card. Shouldn't have to do that really, it will impact on framerate and contribute to some lag, especially further down the line depending on your system. I set my card to multisampling which is less stressing than supersampling and it works just as well. Try and go with the lowest setting you can for the results you want, you don't necessarily have to ramp anti aliasing up to it's max.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Ok, thanks guys. Sadly with an intel chip I can't change the anti-aliasing settings. :/ At least the jagged windows aren't too terribly awful.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif