Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Far East location

I wonder if Ea have decided to include that so they can use the TS2 objects and save themselves the effort of designing new stuff .

Maybe thats why the only pictures show Egypt because the other two reuse TS2 objects .

If they do then i will be really disappointed

Comments

• ImperialsimImperialsim Posts: 265 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, that would be disappointing.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    I seriously doubt that they'd use the same stuff from ts2 in this new ep.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am not too sure that they wouldn't do it simply because almost all the furniture in the base game is taken from TS2 so they onviously think its worth using again .Plus maybe they think if they give us new locations and quests to do we wont mind reused objects .

I just hope i am wrong as i would really love some NEW furniture designs
  • simdosimdo Posts: 393 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if Ea have decided to include that so they can use the TS2 objects and save themselves the effort of designing new stuff .

Maybe thats why the only pictures show Egypt because the other two reuse TS2 objects .

If they do then i will be really disappointed
    Maybe, but if so then you both have overlooked one critical possibility. Putting in old stuff without first updating them would cause conflict. And then cause the game to crash because the object code is not as advanced than the game's core code. This is why games are so difficult, and take so long to make :!: :D
  • LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I find no feasible reasoning for thinking that EA only showed the Egypt location as a way to hide that there are no new objects. :roll:

If you actually look, 90% of the items in the Egypt pictures, were from the Base Game, only the statues and clothing were new, nothing else really was.
  • simdosimdo Posts: 393 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree with what debra1970p, and Lawertend are saying :!: :D
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am not too sure that they wouldn't do it simply because almost all the furniture in the base game is taken from TS2 so they onviously think its worth using again .Plus maybe they think if they give us new locations and quests to do we wont mind reused objects .

I just hope i am wrong as i would really love some NEW furniture designs

i agree. i want to see new designs with a middle eastern flavour(especially at least 2-3 window designs), french beauty and Moroccan/egyptian mystique. i don't like how most of the furniture was regurgitated for TS3. i love those designs but i was expecting newer or updated designs.

if they neglect this aspect shame on them. they will be the ones who would be affected the most by a loss of customers. innovation is key but one must consider all aspects to please a wider audience.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2009
    I actually wouldn't mind. I had an Asian themed home that I really liked. I can build it again in November. Maybe they will add more to the Asian theme to make a super set.

snapshot_d120cf51_740472f0.jpg

snapshot_d120cf51_f40474d0.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    CK213 wrote:
    I actually wouldn't mind. I had an Asian themed home that I really liked. I can build it again in November. Maybe they will add more to the Asian theme to make a super set.

You have no idea how much I missed those tea table things from Bon Voyage. :P
  • AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Even if they reuse objects and Ideas from sims 2 so what.
    They will be redone into sims 3 style. There are plenty of sims 2 objects that I miss and would love to see again. I don't mind at all if we get old objects recycled, as long as we get new ones as well.
  • benbobbenbob Posts: 152 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well as someone who never had the Bon voyage expansion I wouldnt care.
    And i could make an Asian themed house YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    I LOVE ASIA