Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I actually like the bill system of this game.. it is so realistic

DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
I actually like the bills system of this game
its soo realistic
and the number is quite hefty the more rich you and such
and i find keeping up to paying the bills as a sort of challenge :D

Comments

• mousqueradermousquerader Posts: 98 Member
    haha, I agree with keeping up with the bills being a challenge. I have a pretty poor sim who hasn't yet been promoted, and he always has to ask his friends for small/large loans to supplement his tiny income and get by.
  • TasaarTasaar Posts: 64 Member
    I agree, it's realistic. The bills leave you completely broken afterwards, just like in real life!
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I like it too. My sims became rich too quickly in TS3.
  • GoddessKarmaGoddessKarma Posts: 52 Member
    What are they basing the bills on the things you have in your home? I don't like this bill system because if you keep your home small and save to then expand your bills seem to go up ridiculously high and then you have to sell stuff to pay them, this isn't realistic to me at all because the pay from jobs is extremely low and one bill can ruin the nice home you saved up for.
  • GoddessKarmaGoddessKarma Posts: 52 Member
    The bff house they are all working and I added A sim and bills still can't be paid without someone taking on a side skill of painting or programming.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    What are they basing the bills on the things you have in your home? I don't like this bill system because if you keep your home small and save to then expand your bills seem to go up ridiculously high and then you have to sell stuff to pay them, this isn't realistic to me at all because the pay from jobs is extremely low and one bill can ruin the nice home you saved up for.

I think they've tried to account for *all* the kinds of things we pay IRL this time -- include property tax, which is based on the value of your home, and income tax, based on your job level. Personally, I'm really liking it: I found it too easy for my lower-job-level Sims to get rich and buy all the things in Sims 3 in particular; I'd "kachinged" to help Sims in Sims 2 sometimes, but in Sims 3 I had to use money cheats to make them poorer!

I'd like to see an inheritance system added to Sims 4, though, and a way to give cash to other family members who are moving out, the way we often to do to help them get started out in life IRL, and for it not to affect the whole town (or the portable camping lantern from GF) when you don't pay your bills and the power and water go out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    Is this a sarcastic post? I really can't tell because the bill system for me is absolutely PLUM! I have never, ever had to get bills in my Sims game, no matter what kind of house or how rich my Sims are. I've NEVER had mail or had bills to pay. At first I thought you were being sarcastic, having a joke or whatever... But you're quite serious, aren't you?
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I have yet to reach the point of things being turned off because my Sims are usually good with paying their bills, even if I don't make them scrounge for money, so I'm actually a little jealous of people that DO get things turned off. What's it like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ianbennettianbennett Posts: 173 Member
    I love the bills (that sounds odd)! In the Sims 3, it was almost like I wasn't paying anything, since the amount was so small. And I love that you're utilities get shut off if you're late on a payment (also sounds odd). Little realistic touches like that make me love playing the Sims.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love not paying the bills. It forces my Sims to read.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited March 2015
    It stinks because at least in the old games you'd start in a crummy starter home and then maybe the next generation would have enough money to move to something bigger than a shoebox.

Now, you're stuck passing the starter dump down from generation to generation, unable to afford even moving out extended family. Barracks bedrooms and fights over bathrooms. Can't even build a good-looking outhouse because of the "helpful" and "revolutionary" automatic foundation.

Why are we being double-billed on income tax? Isn't that usually applied to the paycheck before it gets to you?

It depends on your tax bracket, & whether you are a wage earner or an independent contractor or investor. Maybe Sims do not have enough withholding from their checks ;)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Also, it forces them to eat food out of a nonworking fridge. I believe there is a mod at MTS that makes it so Sims do not use computers or tablets autonomously.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    I like it that they are harder, as I was always swimming in money in the second generation of the sims 3. But still, I think the repo-man should come back.
    If you can live without water or electricity, not paying bills is just fine in sims 4.
    After 3days without water and electricity, repo man should come take your stuff
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Also, it forces them to eat food out of a nonworking fridge. I believe there is a mod at MTS that makes it so Sims do not use computers or tablets autonomously.
    Oh cool, I'll have to check that out. I know there is a mod to make the Sims stop talking selfies which is so nice and a time saver. I miss the repo-man too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Building beautiful houses for my sims has always been more important to me than a realistic bill system (in fact I always choose that lifetime reward where they don't have to pay them anymore). I like being able to have a poor sim and making him rich in one lifetime.

I'm planning on playing a homeless poor sim now (in 3), which will also involve not choosing that reward. I'm curious where it will get me. If it's really going to be too easy that will definitely spoil that fun, but I don't know yet. I won't allow my sim to have a proper job.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    I love the bill system in Sims 4 too. WAY more realistic, and I like the fact that it's so much harder to get rich now. In Sims 3, you'd be swimming in cash by 2-3. generation and pay 1000 simolean bills, but now you can have a relatively small house and pay 800 simoleans. It's just more realistic. It makes me care more about my sims careers and how to get them in the right mood and skills etc. so that they can earn a promotion to be able to provide for their family.

I also love the electricity being turned off. It's a nice touch! :smiley:
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I love the bill system in Sims 4 too. WAY more realistic, and I like the fact that it's so much harder to get rich now. In Sims 3, you'd be swimming in cash by 2-3. generation and pay 1000 simolean bills, but now you can have a relatively small house and pay 800 simoleans. It's just more realistic. It makes me care more about my sims careers and how to get them in the right mood and skills etc. so that they can earn a promotion to be able to provide for their family.

Just don't take the money when you move the heir.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My Sim household of 2, had $140K....and the bills for the week were $34K. The bills seem high to me & I'm not 100% clear what it's based on.
    I'm prepping for GTW, and my Sim has 50 paintings in her inventory, totaling probably around $100K or so. Is this what's causing the bills to be so high? For the most part in all of my games, the bills seemed realistic, but in my current game, OMG, the bills are outrageous.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Just to see what happens, I'm tempted to let the bills go unpaid and when they shut off the utilities, have them move to an hotel or something... (I dowloaded one from the Gallery and demolished a museum for it. It's CC but no glitches)-- I had them stay there a couple days as a "getaway" and I don't recall them being charged for it.

I'm not sure if the bills keep accumulating even if unpaid,. Something I'll have to try with one of my newer households.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I have problems playing Legacy Households because, more often than not, my Sims end up earning too much money through their careers. Gamer, Secret Agent, and Painter are the worst offenders. It's hard to worry about bills when your Sims are getting money funneled in like crazy every day. D:
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member

Just don't take the money when you move the heir.

I never do :)
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg