Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a lot of bugs going on

Hi,

I frequently get hit by a lot of bugs, which means I have to restart the game all over and over. It started with every now and then the fridge bug and the gaining skills bug. Now my whole furniture turns out glitchy;the easles, the book shelf, the twoperson bed, the washing tables(except when dirty) and recently the television. Also I have three sims in my household who should have already become one grade higher and they still don't(one has already been like this for two school days), while their sister did become a grade higher. I also have a teenager(the sister) running around who still has her child skills. Does anybody know more about these bugs(not the first two, I know what to do about them) and can someone please tell me what else to do next to restarting my whole game every time?
Those furniture bugs and the ones I spoke about after that one, only seem to appear in my 100 baby challenge. It can't be my laptop who can't handle the sims 4, since it got a new ssd harddrive.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2015
    Just in case (because an SSD drive is only a drive, not all the things), post your DxDiag info - export it to a text file, and copy and paste it all here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13329932/#Comment_13329932

Also, if you start a new save, do you still have these issues? Do you have any mods? Have you tried Repair Game and a cache clearing (localthumbcache.package + the subfolder of Saves called Scratch)?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I don't have any mods and seem to have this problem only this bad with my 100 baby challenge. On the other saves I only have the fridge glitch(haven't got a fridge yet on my drifter save, so don't know about that one). And I also had my sims glitching out of the table when eating, seem when writing on the computer or when sitting on a chair to read. Also, my game or ends up almost crashing when starting to get this badly glitched or crashes, so I tend to go save and restart the game. Where do I find this DxDiag info?

I will see in a few moments if my repairing the game worked.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Re. the DxDiag - follow the instructions in my link above. But Game Repair and a cache clearing might be all you need to do.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Doesn't a cache clearing delete my save files?(might be a dumb question to ask, but I don't want to lose anything)
    My laptop also copes with sims 3+ 4 expansion packs+ lots of cc very well. It even loads the sims 4 a lot better than the sims 3.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Doesn't a cache clearing delete my save files?(might be a dumb question to ask, but I don't want to lose anything)
    My laptop also copes with sims 3+ 4 expansion packs+ lots of cc very well. It even loads the sims 4 a lot better than the sims 3.

No, it doesn't. Here's a workflow to clear 100% of cache without losing anything game-related:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

Clearing cache isn't just about load times; it's also about other kinds of info being stuck in-game.
  • Options
    Ah, it helps, now only the easle is still glitchy and I hadn't had any other glitches.
  • Options
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Ah, it helps, now only the easle is still glitchy and I hadn't had any other glitches.

Awesome! Can't think what might be causing the easel problem, but maybe try replacing it with a new one?
  • Options
    Only if I replace it with a different kind of easle the bug will disappear probably(worked with the bookshelf), only I don't have other easles. Well, it's not the most disturbing glitch, only a small part of the easle actually turns white instead of light brown.