Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi @Vihisha ! Thank you for this awesome challenge! Quick question(s) about the rules, I'm a little confused:

I understand that we can only control the main sim, but under things not allowed, where it says "Control other sims" and the examples are getting/switching jobs, selecting how they perform in work/school, purchasing satisfaction rewards etc., these are all things we cannot control right? It would just be like answering the phone, claiming beds and the other examples? I was just a little confused by how the order of the sections I think.

Also, it says no sims can be moved out of the active household, so this would mean all of the new heir's younger siblings have to stay in the household forever?

Thank you!! :)
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited January 2018
    @summer_berry, yes during the challenge you can't move any sims out. Which means the siblings stay with their parents once you more the heir out to start the next house challenge.

That's right we can only control the main sim.
    For other sims in the household we are only allowed to answer to do the things listed under exceptions, which are:
    -Answering Phones
    -Claiming Beds
    -Taking a Pregnancy Test
    -Having Baby at the Hospital
    -Age Up with a Bassinet or a Cake
    - - ONLY allowed on their Birthday
    -Pleading for Life (to Grim)

Which means you can't give other sims in he house a job or buy things with their aspiration points. We may also sell items from their inventories, but for the rest we can't control them. You can however add them to a group and do a group activitiy.
  • summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    @illusie Thank you so much for clarifying, I really appreciate it :) I'm loving this challenge so far, it's definitely one of my favorites! I can't wait to post some pictures of my founder!
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
    @summer_berry, this is my favorite challenge as well! It made the game of lot more fun for me. I even managed to play with the same family for several generations, which I was never able to do before. I'm glad to hear you are loving it as well! I'm looking forward to see your pictures!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    THX again @illusie 4 having my back & answering questions here!!

@summer_berry glad you're enjoying The Drifter Challenge! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha, you are welcome :)
  • mattrweeksmattrweeks Posts: 41 Member
    Alrightie. ^_^ I'm all set to start my re-attempt at the Drifter Challenge.
    Wish I could post a picture of my new drifter - his name is Ace Drifter - but I'm not on here enough so I'm STILL a "New Member."
    Oh well though. I'm going to be recording this attempt, so people will be able to see what Ace looks like soon enough.
    Check out my play through of The Drifter Challenge House 01.
  • a-smallinfinitya-smallinfinity Posts: 2 New Member
    Really fasciated with this challenge, can't wait to try all the houses! You can follow my journey on my blog islandsimmerplays.wordpress.com
  • a-smallinfinitya-smallinfinity Posts: 2 New Member
    fascinated*
    Thanks @Piazzagirl1015!

Also dropping in an update that my drifter challenge is off and rolling - with the first episode up on YouTube. Woot!
    The only sad thing so far is that Ace hasn't had much luck meeting girls in the area around his home lot, but (spoiler alert) he got $1,000 in a matter of days thanks to great luck with his rounds - so next time I play he'll get to travel and MAYBE meet some girls elsewhere.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I'm attempting this challenge again and I wanted to make sure one thing. If you move someone in who has a job they can keep their job right? I know if they don't have a job you can't get one but if they come with a job it's alright?
    ~ ~ ~
    edited February 2018
    @3KNPen, good luck with your challenge! The sims you move in can keep their job (unless otherwise specified in the challenge).

@mattrweeks, I hope your challenge is still going well!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I have started this challenge once again with a new Sim, meet Carlee. Originally made by zazathepizza and modified by me to the point she is now my Sim. I am not sure why her hair looks gray in this picture. It is actually black. This is the Drifter Challenge II- see my signature for a link. Let me know if the site is messed up. It has been a while since I posted on the blog.

091aUjv.png

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    So I just finished up my first in-game week of the challenge so I'm ready to share some photos. This is my third attempt at this challenge and those previous attempts definitely taught me a lot about how to be efficient. I know I might do things differently then some of you have but it works best for me gameplay style and is fun for me to do it this way.

Anyway here is my Drifter Miss Elsweyr Tamriel. And yes I'm doing an Elder Scrolls naming theme for the length of this challenge lol.
    DNBEbhI.png
    Eslweyr Loves the Outdoors, is a Glutton and is also Creative. The creative trait is an accidental holdover from when I'd initially created her for something else. I'd meant to change that to Geek but somehow it didn't happen. We're rolling with it because it felt cheating to go back and change it even though I'd realized what I'd done before I'd press play to officially start the challenge.

Lb7qZBr.png
    Elsie has the Angling Ace aspiration because I haven't done it in a while. I'm not sure if it's one that can even be completed not leaving the neighborhood but we're going to see how far we can get with it.

XaF0hxc.png
    I gave myself certain extra restrictions for this challenge. One is that Elsie had to remain single and on her own for the first week of the challenge. The second is that the house must be fully built and furnished with basic furniture/necessities soley by collecting/fishing (I did end p allowing her to do a garden from the plants collected in the neighborhood but that's because we're also using those to stock the fridge and as bait and gardening takes a decent amount of time to complete on a daily basis) once the house is built and furnished she can stop doing full time collecting and probably will concentrate more on fishing and painting to finish decorating, upgrading to better quality stuff and landscaping. Elsie has ended up being a collecting machine. Like she seriously finds the best collectibles of any Sim I've ever had. She managed to find two very expensive frogs within the first two days and breeding them has added nicely to our funds she's also really good at finding rare fossils.

KifSP4O.png
    We decided very early on that Akira Kibo is going to be her partner for this. They both have dark genetics and I can't wait to see what the next generation looks like. I added a few restrictions for adding him to the house. The first being once again she had to stay a full week on her own. The second was she had to have a completely enclosed bedroom with bed and the third is that she had to have a computer for him. He's in the Tech Guru career and while we won't be able to control him it will at least be something to keep him happy/out of our hair. I've decided that until the house is completely finished being built/furnished I'll be deleting his salary just to keep things easier to keep track of and to be a bit more challenging for myself.

nUMtbVK.png
    It actutally hasn't been a super big challenge if I'm completely honest. By the end of the first week we had all of the requirements met to move in a partner so Akira will be joining the family the next time we're in game. Next we have to work on the requirements to add the next generation to the household which are a fully enclosed room and all of the basic toddler stuff (bed, potty, high chair, blocks, toys & a radio) doing this all with a toddler is going to be interesting since they weren't a thing the last time around. I would like to have the house completed by the time the baby ages up into a toddler so that I can have Elsie concentrating on skilling the tot but we'll have to see.

FAwKs62.png
    Agi1DID.png
    Inside and outside of the house at the end of Week 1. Fully enclosed but the interior rooms aren't all completed and it's not fully furnished yet. I know it looks a bit odd but...I found a floor plan I really liked but unfortunately the lot isn't big enough to really allow for it so we're tweaking it here and there to make it work as best we can.

1IYWMxH.png
    Now on to Week 2 and whatever it will bring us. See you when it's completed!
    ~ ~ ~
    @Vihisha not sure if my new story is added to the challenge page. It is Drifter Challenge II in my signature but here is a link https://glimmer50.wordpress.com/
    I am finished with House 001. Have all new chapters at https://glimmer50.wordpress.com/

It was pretty harrowing. Cooper and Caleb took turns having a birthday so Caleb was able to leave. Don't think I will be doing that in the future. The added days of having Toddlers is new to me so I didn't account for it. I play with some risky whoo hoo so that is kind of scary but it puts an unknown element into the challenge.

So, anyway on to House 2. :)
    @glimmer50, nice story :) I'm now all up to date with reading it. So sad when the main sim dies, but glad your heir made it. Congrats on completing house 1!
    edited March 2018
    Sooooo.... Spoiler alert for those who are following my videos, but I need help. Ace went from 0 romantic interests (the only young adult female he'd met was insane, which I didn't really want to deal with) to two, and I can't decide who to pick.

ksX74h5l.png
    First we have Miko Ojo, whom I assume is a townie. I didn't delete any of them for this game since I really hadn't played my other long before I lost it and I like having the townies around at least to start with. I know 3 of her traits (Neat, Geek, and Good). I'm sure if she is a townie I could learn more by looking her up, but that feels cheaty to me.

ikuWpEJl.png
    Next we have Gwen Danvers, who is actually from a household I created and dropped in from my gallery. She and her teen brother, Clay, are based on characters from an RP I'm in with my friend. Both exist in the game, Ace just hasn't met Clay yet. I figured she wasn't necessarily off limits, so decided to see if flirting with her went anywhere... and it did. Her traits (the ones Ace knows) are Loner, Bookworm, and Family Oriented.

On an unrelated note, I didn't see in the rules if we're allowed to accept an invitation to visit a sim at their house or not. Ace got invited to Miko's house at one point, and I declined because I was unsure if it was allowed. It made me curious, though. Could he have gone?
    Post edited by mattrweeks on
    edited March 2018
    @mattrweeks, Yes you are allowed to visit other sims at their house. Though I usually accept invitation until my sim has got the basics at homes (kitchen, bathroom and such). Otherwise it feels like cheating for me when they use items at the house of someone else while my sim can't afford those kind of items at home.

That is a hard choice! I like both sims. I usually let my sim choose by going on 1 or 2 dates with each them and then look at who has the highest relationship. I think I'd go for Miko Ojo, because I like her outit.
    illusie wrote: »
    That is a hard choice! I like both sims. I usually let my sim choose by going on 1 or 2 dates with each them and then look at who has the highest relationship. I think I'd go for Miko Ojo, because I like her outit.

Hmmm.... I hadn't considered going by relationship level. I think they're fairly evenly matched there, but I'd have to check to be sure. But that is a good way of making the call. I tend to be fairly indecisive, so anything that helps make the choice for me is nice. XP
    edited March 2018
    I often let my sim take a picture together with the suitable candidates to check if they look good together. I'm rather picky when it comes to finding a spouse for my sims lol
    edited March 2018
    illusie wrote: »
    I often let my sim take a picture together with the suitable candidates to check if they look good together. I'm rather picky when it comes to finding a spouse for my sims lol

You need the sim to own a camera for this, right? Because on a different game I discovered that the selfies they take on the phone don't actually become pictures you can view or place in world. It's just a cute interaction.
    No camera needed, you just take a screenshot when they do the cute interaction. And that is the picture you use to decide if you think they look cute together.
    edited March 2018
    rDiWFSdl.png
    So I ended up going with Gwen. I liked how she looked with Ace better - plus after visiting with Gwen and Miko each once more to get the pictures, Gwen actually had a higher relationship with Ace than Miko did (they'd been pretty much tied prior to that).

Current state of progress: A house with the room requirements (min 1 bed & 1 bath) worth about $19,000, plus the heir (Brent Drifter) has been born. ^_^ I wanted to snap a screenshot of Ace with Brent, but I might wait until Brent ages up to toddler since that's when his features will really start taking shape.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top