Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    Thymeless wrote: »
    Final part of House 001 - the tour!
    It's got a download link for the house on the gallery in case anyone wants it, but it's mostly a chance for me to ramble on about shiny things :)

015.jpg?w=700

Love the house! It's a great representation of Ivy :heart:

EDIT: So I ended up not harvesting any of the plants in the laboratory and replaced the lot with the original. That way I have the same advantage as anyone else doing that career. Plus it adds a bit of difficulty not downloading a lot that has pristine or expensive harvestables.

Also, after a sim week my sim has asked Flower Snider to be his girlfriend and move in. They are now expecting a nooboo! She's a sim I created and had living in Newcrest. I've also decided to randomize all traits and aspirations for sims and lots to add some variation as I tend to always go with the same. Much better this time around :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @thymeless, the house looks great!

@rubeysim, good to hear it is going moer smooth now that you started over. Congrats on the nooboo!
    I like to randomize all traits as well.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Thymeless wrote: »
    It's been so much fun (and even more so because you've all been so welcoming and lovely <3)
    There's a GREAT Drifter Family that has built up around this challenge!! <3
    RubeySim wrote: »
    Question though, my Sim is in the science career and I changed the generic laboratory with one from the gallery but they have harvestables from Sixam as well as others. Would it be cheating to harvest them and/or plant them at home?
    All play testing 4 this challenge was done w/non-modified community and work lots...so the challenge was built around what was/is available there...anything u change or add 2 the lots like that is totally your choice....as with any CC or Mods in your game! Whether it's considered "cheating" or not is how true 2 the original rules you'd like 2 play. Anything that makes things easier...well...it makes it easier! I give a set of rules...ultimately u decide how you'd like 2 play =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    EDIT: So I ended up not harvesting any of the plants in the laboratory and replaced the lot with the original. That way I have the same advantage as anyone else doing that career. Plus it adds a bit of difficulty not downloading a lot that has pristine or expensive harvestables.
    Also, after a sim week my sim has asked Flower Snider to be his girlfriend and move in. They are now expecting a nooboo! She's a sim I created and had living in Newcrest. I've also decided to randomize all traits and aspirations for sims and lots to add some variation as I tend to always go with the same. Much better this time around :)
    Sounds like a plan!! Oooh you're moving right along...glad 2 hear things r going so well this time around! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Thymeless That's a lovely house.

@RubeySim Glad to hear that it's going better for you and congrats on the nooboo.
    I agree with @Karise this is such a great challenge that @Vihisha came up with and I would do it over again after I'm finished. I actually have a twist for my second time around.

Now I'm curious. What is your twist?

I think if I'd do it again, I'd add in elements of the random legacy challenge. But 'd have to try out how that works.

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Vihisha and @illusie The twist I came up with for the second time around was to let the founder have two children (preferrably twins if there is a way to force that issue) or siblings both do the challenge in separate save files to see how different it would turn out.
    I love that idea @Piazzagirl1015. I remember we talked about it earlier. My family had triplets in the first house, so doing the story for Jane and James is an option for me.
    @illusie Thanks and I do remember us talking about it earlier. When I get an idea in my head I'm like a dog with a bone and eventually I will do it. That is right you had the triplets. You can always go back and do that with the two triplets you didn't use for this one.
    edited April 2017
    Haha, well it will be a lot of fun. Do you think you will complete all challenges first before you start over?
    It is so tempting to start over already, @Piazzagirl1015. And yes, if I start over I want to play with the other children. Jane was born right after Jack. I really liked her and she is pretty. She would be fun to play with! If I remember it well she is creative, but i can't remember her other traits.

I just had to look up a picture of them. From left to right: Jack, Jane and James:

12-10-16-11-03-47-pm_orig.png
    @illusie I'm going to wait until I finish the all the houses first because I have so many current challenges. However if I were in the situation that you were in and I had a couple of sims perfect for this before time I probably would want to start right away.
    So I've decided to start sharing my gameplay of the Drifter challenge, nothing is posted yet just working away on the chapters (up to 12 now). All with varying lengths of screenshots depending on my gameplay or how many I took that day.

It'll be strictly gameplay captions, so a sentence or two, with each picture kind of thing. Something fun I can do in between my two other stories. Plus with graduating college in a month and a baby in 6 and a half weeks I won't get much playing in so getting some saved up for that time I'll be away from the computer.

UPDATE: Easter, the heir, is now a child and both Rocket and Flower are now adults. The house will be way above the minimum requirements with a two bedrooms and a laboratory in the basement but that's okay and I love the progress of seeing the house go from nothing to something. I'll have to share some sneak peeks :wink:
    House is finally complete at a whooping $68,014. A two bedroom, one bathroom and labratory in the basement with a garden out back growing in quality constantly. With 3 sims days away from Easter aging into an teenager, I can't wait to move into the second house. I guess right now I'll try and focus on moving Rocket up in his career while I wait for her young adult birthday to roll around.
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2017
    Like I am so behind in my game, so like always starting with a new sim, but I do have a question, when did @Vihisha change the rules where we can have the non-playable answer the phone?

Forgot to add picture of new sim
    Meet Honey Desiree
    P52VWU0.jpg
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2017
    @RubeySim Congratulations! That's amazing :smiley: Also, will totally read your story. Mine's all captions, too :)

@Nakendra She is so pretty, help! Are you going to be writing her story? :) (I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, I'm pretty new to the challenge)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    @RubeySim Congrats on completing the goals for house 1.

@Nakendra Your sim is very pretty. Good luck with your re-start. I don't know the answer to your question. I thought that it was always the case that you could only play your main sim so I guess that's question for @Vihisha :smiley:
    Briony is now a teen and Brendan is a child. House value is well over 30k so I'm just waiting for Briony to age up but as she's only just become a teen I've some way to go yet.
    So I've decided to start sharing my gameplay of the Drifter challenge, nothing is posted yet just working away on the chapters (up to 12 now). All with varying lengths of screenshots depending on my gameplay or how many I took that day.
    It'll be strictly gameplay captions, so a sentence or two, with each picture kind of thing.
    Sounds like a great plan!! Can't wait 2 c it all! =)
    House is finally complete at a whooping $68,014. A two bedroom, one bathroom and labratory in the basement with a garden out back growing in quality constantly. With 3 sims days away from Easter aging into an teenager, I can't wait to move into the second house. I guess right now I'll try and focus on moving Rocket up in his career while I wait for her young adult birthday to roll around.
    Niiiiice!!
    Nakendra wrote: »
    Like I am so behind in my game, so like always starting with a new sim, but I do have a question, when did @Vihisha change the rules where we can have the non-playable answer the phone?
    Cute new Sim!! That was added when I put in info for City Living & Vampires I believe =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Briony has now aged up to a young adult so house 1 is complete. :smile:
    Karise wrote: »

Congrats!!

Also if anyone is interested, the link to my blog is in my signature but there you will find the first two chapters of my take on the Drifter Challenge. I'm on my phone or else I would link you to each chapter. Also the first one is a bit wordy where I will continue with only captions for the remaining posts.
    @RubeySim thanks
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    @Thymeless and @Karise I was thinking about doing her story, but still in the thinking stages, I do have few pictures and I post on my discord.
    Karise wrote: »
    GRATZ!!!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file