Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• lovingbabeslovingbabes Posts: 81 Member
    Hi everyone i know its been awhile since i have been on here,But though i drop by and see how everyone is doing and it looks like everyone is having fun with the challenge.I have a few questions to ask as i will be starting over with house 1. I wanted to know if you guys know how to take pictures in cas and how to take pictures in the game.I will be posting some pictures if i figure out how to do this.I love all the pictures people have shown on here and your sims are all beautiful .Love some of your stories to.I was on house 5 but lost some of my saves do to custom content problems have it fixed now and ready to start this again cause i love this challenge :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Welcome to the challenge @JackOnYourBack I know what you mean about them standing around. So far, I have not encountered any deaths as a result but I am on House 008 where I control all Sims but one but she hasn't died or anything. Usually, she winds up doing something eventually.

Hey @Glimmer - When I was redoing my website, and looking through everyone's blogs, I was BLOWN AWAY that you're already doing house #8!! :o I think the farthest I read (of the challenges) was maybe 5??? Now I'm **really** gonna have to go through ALL of your houses - just to catch myself up!

I know I know... I should have just stuck in there and kept coming back here (points to forum). :(

LOL...I told you that you would come back and we would be on house 80 haha just kidding. These challenges go quick. You will be caught up before you know it. I am happy that you are going to read my blog... thank you. :) Congrats on the girl for an heir. I like having girls but always end up with boys.

:p Yeah yeah.... Just like we know @Allie's "boys", you do know me!! I wasn't going to stay away, I guess with the small (but major) problem I was having with my other desktop's motherboard and processor, I sort of lost interest. And then when my RL good friend had bought my new motherboard and processor, everything became like brand new again. That's why I went back to my Sims 3 game, and why - only now - I have returned to this challenge. (and partly because I really had a complete brain wipe. I couldn't come up with *anything* for Melody's story.)

Hi everyone i know its been awhile since i have been on here, But though i drop by and see how everyone is doing and it looks like everyone is having fun with the challenge. I have a few questions to ask as i will be starting over with house 1. I wanted to know if you guys know how to take pictures in cas and how to take pictures in the game. I will be posting some pictures if i figure out how to do this. I love all the pictures people have shown on here and your sims are all beautiful. Love some of your stories to. I was on house 5 but lost some of my saves do to custom content problems have it fixed now and ready to start this again cause i love this challenge :)

Hi hon!! Most of the pictures that we are taking in game is simply done by just pressing the "C" key. Every time you press that key, a little pop up will show up on the screen asking you if you want to make this a memory. If you have a place that you already want to try for hosting your pics (I, myself, use Photobucket), let any one of us know what you're using and we will be more than happy to help you when you get that far.

As far as "CAS".... the only way I found to take a pic, was to press my prt sc key (which means, print screen). After I did that, I had to use one of **my** image programs (like, Photoshop) to fool around with the image.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @lovingbabes Both in-game as well as in CAS mode...if u hit C it will take a screenshot :smile:
    Nice 2 c u here again!! Can't wait 2 c your pics & c what you're up 2!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    edited October 2015
    Ok I'm finally able to take a few minutes to try and post my pics...AGAIN. Still using Photobucket but I will try the "edit post" approach. I am done with House 001, onto House 002 already has it's heir and I am working on the aspiration and house. Got side tracked, (shocking I know) and started a new save with a new sim. I wanted to have an art gallery after watching TheSimSupply's let's play. (so recommend if you haven't watched his Lady BigWallet series, soooo funny). Anyway...let's try this again...

Taylor proposing to Armando
    [img][/img]10-08-15_8-35-24nbspPM_zpsp3awymot.png

Prego
    [img][/img]10-08-15_9-43-44nbspPM_zpsmobruacb.png

Baby Aiden is born!
    [img][/img]10-08-15_10-03-45nbspPM_zpslttri7ca.png

A few of the house
    [img][/img]10-08-15_4-04-03nbspPM_zpssdletbhi.png

[img][/img]10-08-15_4-05-17nbspPM_zps3ajriyha.png

[img][/img]10-08-15_4-06-56nbspPM_zpsekwnsfz3.png
    Umm ..... @Bird?? EACH HOUSE (unless otherwise directed by @Vih), HAVE TO BE TWO bedrooms, and one bath. Unless you did more to this house (points above ^^ at your pics), I only see ONE bedroom (that is a part of the open floor layout), and the bath.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 these are not pics of the final house. I was just showing she no longer lived outside. More to come!
    Bird166 wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 these are not pics of the final house. I was just showing she no longer lived outside. More to come!

OH!!! :| My bad. Sorry, @Bird. :/
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @Bird166 Sooo glad 2 finally c some pics! They r wonderful! Quite studio home...I like the modern look! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • lovingbabeslovingbabes Posts: 81 Member
    Thanks you MSPRISSY88 and Vilish for the wonderful tips on taking screenshots in game.I have taken a few so far but not sure what to use for hosting my pictures .I might try to use Photobucket if i can figure it out.Thanks again for your help hope to get some pictures posted soon
    I would suggest IMGUR as there have been problems w/Photobucket by myself & others...so just a word of caution as far as that goes :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Thanks you MSPRISSY88 and Vilish for the wonderful tips on taking screenshots in game.I have taken a few so far but not sure what to use for hosting my pictures .I might try to use Photobucket if i can figure it out.Thanks again for your help hope to get some pictures posted soon

Imgur is awesome for pictures. Just sign up for a free account, download the pictures and click on the picture you want on the message boards and then on the side it should have options...pick the message board one. Copy it and paste it on here and it should show up. It really is pretty easy to use. Then when you get everything posted, click on album and put them in one so you can set those pics aside. I am sure you will figure it all out but I thought I would help you get started if you need it. :)

Don't use photobucket because it will only let you post one or two pictures per message and if you ever decide to share your story, then the forums will say they have to approve it and they never do so your whole post goes out into never never land. So aggravating.

Either way, have fun with the challenge and welcome. :)
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Bird166 So awesome to see some pictures. Wow really great use of a small space. Cute little house. I am horrible at little houses. I have big house syndrome LOL...

@MsPrissy88 Yeah I know what you mean about having brain wipe on stories. There are just some generations I get all into it and others I really struggle with. This last challenge I struggled with the story something horrible. I really don't feel there was much of a story. I liked Emma and Dawson's story. I am not sure why but they were just SO in love. It was really cute to see. More so than other Sims. Each Sim really is different even if their traits are the same..they act a little different.

Something about some of them just draw you in and the story tells itself...other times it is like beating your head against the wall. I have pretty much given up and just tell what is happening ...and hope it sounds decent LOL. Not sure if that is working but more people are reading so maybe they see we are having fun at least and will join in.

In my last story, I swear Whitney should have had the insane trait with the way she acted. She did some strange stuff LOL. You will see if you read my blog. And George half the time acting like she was going to kill him so that helped with the story. They lived on the lawn a long time so I started giving George this country sort of accent for some reason LOL...I don't know it worked especially since Whitney was a little nuts. Oddly enough she was NOT insane at all. Just mad she wasn't working since she was ambitious.
    @Bird166 So awesome to see some pictures. Wow really great use of a small space. Cute little house. I am horrible at little houses. I have big house syndrome LOL...

@MsPrissy88 Yeah I know what you mean about having brain wipe on stories. There are just some generations I get all into it and others I really struggle with. This last challenge I struggled with the story something horrible. I really don't feel there was much of a story. I liked Emma and Dawson's story. I am not sure why but they were just SO in love. It was really cute to see. More so than other Sims. Each Sim really is different even if their traits are the same..they act a little different.

Something about some of them just draw you in and the story tells itself...other times it is like beating your head against the wall. I have pretty much given up and just tell what is happening ...and hope it sounds decent LOL. Not sure if that is working but more people are reading so maybe they see we are having fun at least and will join in.

In my last story, I swear Whitney should have had the insane trait with the way she acted. She did some strange stuff LOL. You will see if you read my blog. And George half the time acting like she was going to kill him so that helped with the story. They lived on the lawn a long time so I started giving George this country sort of accent for some reason LOL...I don't know it worked especially since Whitney was a little nuts. Oddly enough she was NOT insane at all. Just mad she wasn't working since she was ambitious.

And at the moment, that's what I'm getting about Sabrina. Although I do have to update my website, she and Phillip had met, he moved in, got her "knocked up", she had the baby, and (I believe it was last week when I was still playing) the baby had aged up! So.... now the game is rather boring while I wait for "little" Roxanne to age up to a young adult.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited November 2015
    Here is the end of House 001. I got a little overwhelmed trying to keep updated on here. So going forward I will post in the beginning and then probably the end. I'm back to playing this challenge full time again after running my art gallery save for a few days. I am currently on House 003 with my heir about to be a teenager. I will post in House 002 and House 003 shortly. Happy Simming see you in House 002!

Here is Aiden as a child (totally forgot to take a screenshot of him!)

[img][/img]10-13-15_9-51-03nbspAM_zps3jlmxc68.png

Here are some pics of the finished house, goal was reached of $30,000

You can see the ghost of Armando at the front door...

[img][/img]10-12-15_9-23-29nbspPM_zpsrgoew2d4.png

[img][/img]10-12-15_10-10-21nbspAM_zpsdigim633.png

[img][/img]10-12-15_9-24-03nbspPM_zpsdwuffzyr.png

Aiden's Room
    [img][/img]10-12-15_9-25-07nbspPM_zpsiekjheur.png

And Aiden ready to head off to House 002!
    [img][/img]10-13-15_10-10-48nbspAM_zpsnmh9mu1f.png
    Post edited by Bird166 on
    @Bird166 Unfortunately the pics r not showing up :neutral: GRATZ on finishing House 001 & House 002!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Added 2 new YouTube channels 2 the list of YouTubers what have Let's Plays of The Drifter Challenge
    -hermione09hp ~ www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0eyXUNskTlOwIH5CQXGPA
    -Saffize Plays ~ www.youtube.com/channel/UC6PihRhXNeOqO4bboDd6G9Q
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    OK @Vihisha I think I got the pics back!! I'll get the hang of posting pics one of these days!! I think because I moved them into an album they were deleted. Thanks for the encouragement! Off to House 003!!
    Yeay!! now I can c the pics! I like how u added the stairs in the house...I can never figure out how 2 make them look right yanno?!
    & 4 the record Aiden is a good lookin' Sim :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hello Fellow Drifters!

I had decided to -- once again -- restart this first challenge. "What?!??" (I can hear y'all blurt out) Yeah.... I had gotten distracted with the Spooky Gift Exchange, and so lost all momentum with the "first" challenge I had started with Sabrina. So I restarted the challenge, and uploaded my very first Let's Play videos.

I do have to change up my signature to include the link to my YouTube channel; as that's where you'll be able to find all my videos.

And as I write this, I an in the process of uploading my SECOND Let's Play video to my channel!! It's a rather long one -- over an hour -- so it won't be ready to watch for quite some time.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Yeay!! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited November 2015
    ((DELETED POST AND VIDEO))

I am having SOOOOO much trouble with my computer right now. So you will be seeing quite a few of my posts being changed and some just going away.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    @MsPrissy88 Yay!! I am so happy you got the second part up...I just watched the first part a little while ago and was hoping this would be up soon. :) Great job by the way! I agree, the dancing during the loading screens is too cute! I subscribed to your channel too...
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
    MysticFae wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 Yay!! I am so happy you got the second part up...I just watched the first part a little while ago and was hoping this would be up soon. :) Great job by the way! I agree, the dancing during the loading screens is too cute! I subscribed to your channel too...

Thank you, Fae! I love getting new subscribers. My "dancing" during the loading screens wasn't really planned.... It's like when you get the Jeopardy theme music in your head and when you have to wait for something, you just start humming or singing it. Well, that was me for the loading screens. You "just gotta dance". :D

BTW -- and this goes out to everyone..... As soon as I open my game and get to playing, I will be working on episode 3!! Sorry that I didn't put a title to these. I'm just lucky (and glad) that I can do these recordings for y'all.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    This looks great. Work and coaching should be slowing down a bit soon. I downloaded the empty worlds from the link and made my House 1 Sim. Will post pics when I can.

I am doing the build Newcrest challenge and in the middle of gen 3. I am going to take turns playing a gen in that challenge and a house in this!
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    This looks great. Work and coaching should be slowing down a bit soon. I downloaded the empty worlds from the link and made my House 1 Sim. Will post pics when I can.

I am doing the build Newcrest challenge and in the middle of gen 3. I am going to take turns playing a gen in that challenge and a house in this!

Welcome Drifter :smiley: ALWAYS nice 2 c new faces here!! I hope u enjoy The Drifter Challenge & I cannot wait 2 c pics & hear of your journey!

rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top