Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wish We Could Age Houses/Buildings

Everything always looks brand new in Sims 4 - that's not a bad thing at all, but I would love it if we could make some houses and buildings look older and more run-down. In one of my stories I want my house to look old and abandoned - but I don't want to change the décor, I just want it to look tired and weathered.

I think a slider option to set the 'age' of buildings would be really cool. If we set our houses to 'old' it could make the paint/exterior seem dull and cracked, add broken tiles to the roof, leaks from the ceiling... You get the idea!

What do you all think?
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Everything always looks brand new in Sims 4 - that's not a bad thing at all, but I would love it if we could make some houses and buildings look older and more run-down. In one of my stories I want my house to look old and abandoned - but I don't want to change the décor, I just want it to look tired and weathered.

I think a slider option to set the 'age' of buildings would be really cool. If we set our houses to 'old' it could make the paint/exterior seem dull and cracked, add broken tiles to the roof, leaks from the ceiling... You get the idea!

What do you all think?

That this is one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a long time. (Though it should be a toggle. Sometimes I've had enough of old-house problems IRL!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Hehe, thank you! I would be happy with a toggle!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think that's a great idea!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I want the Sims to know they don't live in a mansion. And I have been begging for years to age the homes in these games. Maybe someday. I support your thread.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I want the Sims to know they don't live in a mansion. And I have been begging for years to age the homes in these games. Maybe someday. I support your thread.

It's like how all those Victorian sofas are comfortable, right? IRL, they probably feel like crap.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

You and me both.

I think that's one of my biggest disappointments with TS4. I wanted my TS3 Sims to know if they were living in a shack or a mansion and react accordingly.When I read the pre-release info that said Sims would react to their surroundings I was so excited. I thought finally! Little did I know what was really meant.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I agree. I would like to have that option too.