Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Shuts Down Maxis Studios

Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
edited March 2015 in Off Topic Chat
r2gpvq03dyu8sqb039if.jpg

Some sad news today for Simmers of all four titles. Recently, EA had announced that they would be closing Maxis, the creators of the Original Sims (one I hold very close to me), and also the studio for The Sims 2, somewhat for the The Sims 3, and The Sims 4. You can check out the article here by following the link;

http://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-simcity-developer-maxis-1689454903
Although Maxis is turning off the lights, this does not mean development for the Sims 4 will cease, there will still be updates and expansion packs galore.

RIP Maxis, 1987-2015

Edited to fix dead link
grumpy-cat-lick.gif

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited March 2015
    Maxis Emeryville shut down - they were the creators of SimCity, Spore, and a couple of Sims 2's expansions.

The Sims Maxis is still alive and well - the Sims would still continue its legacy, because the Sims 4 is a best-seller and it would be unwise for EA to shut down the Sims Maxis.

Of course, I sometimes wish that Maxis would leave EA and start publishing their own games - with a name change to Justine Keaton Studios. ;)

Anyway, the Sims Maxis could pick up SimCity and Spore and start with a new SimCity - a better one than the SimCity that Maxis Emeryville messed up on - and start a sequel with Spore. ;)