Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome to Cobblestone, a victorian town NO CC Version.

KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Here is my new upload of Cobblestone, a Victorian World. This one has no CC. I have all EP's and Stuff Packs and I used some items from Midnight Hollow, most importantly the train tracks. The town has train stations in all major areas so you can turn off or limit the use of cars (check our Nraas Go Here and Traffic mods). Sims can travel by foot, train or bicycle because there are roads. If you wish to use cars, may I suggest Fresh Prince Creations Vintage Motorcar. It's fantastic!
Enjoy!

mediafire.com/download/iyvkj3sd275vf7q/Cobblestone.Sims3Pack

Cobblestone is now on the Exchange. I've been playtesting and no problems. I also have some families and houses for cobblestone in my studio. Enjoy.
thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8722274

Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on

Comments

• SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi I checked your world out last night and it looks nice, since I didn't install the mods the things that are listed won't be there anyway. I wanted to tell you your house's and the shops a very pretty and the colors of the patterns on the walls, the tile floors you took time to make designs with are all beautiful great job!
    Post edited by SandraKB on
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    SandraKB wrote: »
    Hi I checked you world out last night and it looks nice, since I didn't install the mods the things that are listed won't be there anyway. I wanted to tell you your house's and the shops a very pretty and the colors of the patterns on the walls, the tile floors you took time to make designs with are all beautiful great job!
    Thanks Sandra. Most of the houses are not my builds, so perhaps some of the patterns and tiles you liked were not mine, but the original creators. I did do the Goth mansion though and a couple of houses, and the shops.
    Most of the cc I used was sim3packs so they should install with the world. Did you see the old fashioned appliances and the vintage typewriter, the high wheeled bicycle and the vintage cars? Those should show. It is my understanding that only the .package files need to be installed separately.
    Please let me know if you have a chance? Thanks!

• 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    Are there pictures anywhere yet?
    Just a few in my studio, I will get some screenshots today and share them here :) I am working on the population.
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    I am just going to repeat my post here...where it belongs...I really need some hot mint tea...it's cold outside...sounds like a good excuse for messing up where I put this the first time.

<3 What a lovely idea for a world. I had that train some time ago, and loved it. I put it in Rflong's mayfair world. I am going to bookmark this world, and keep an eye on it. Just love the entire idea.
    Don't know how this happened but I've got a double lot. 36 sim lane is 2 lots, one on top of the other. Go into edit town and bulldoze it, so thene there will only be one lot (and only one mailbox). I will fix this in the final version, which, if all goes well, will be populated with victorian dressed sims.
    edited March 2015
    @Karilyn I finished checking like you ask, without the mods this is what happens. decorative old train was replaced with the EA's train and typewriters were replaced with computers in the library. I really like the idea of the train running through town that was really cool to see, the lot with bistro is sunkin on two sides one of the sides is where the beautiful flower garden is. I like what you have done to Sunset Valley, it gives it a whole new meaning and character. Have a great weekend and happy building!!! :)<3
    Post edited by SandraKB on
    Thanks Sandra! Yeah, that Bistro lot got kinda oughta whack when I moved it. It was raised so I went ahead and lowered it and left those sides sloped, since they aren't important. I do not understand why the vintage typewriters are being replaced...they were sim3packs and from what I have read when you place a sim3pack in your world it installs with the world (except store stuff). The Decorative train was placed at the beach station, are you sure that had an EA train? I placed an EA train elsewhere, which is just sitting and not active (in front of the Orhanage, I believe.

Here is a picture of the vintage car, being driven by Mrs. Victor Goth, who works at the dress shop you see behind her. My mannaquins were dressed in vintage clothing. As you can see in the window, one kept his vintage bathing suit but the other got switched to ITF formal wear. Those will need to be reset by a sim who owns the store.
    screenshot_original.jpg

So, I suppose the vintage wringer washer, stove and Ice box also are not showing in the houses. That's too bad, but I guess it's good news for those who do not care for CC.
    An overview of the growing town of Cobblestone...screenshot_original.jpg
    The downtown area screenshot_original.jpg
    Victor and Gretle Goths house. Victor is a little infatuated with the maid. screenshot_original.jpg
    Well, i suppose if the cc that i used that is sims3pack doesn't show up in my world then I wasted my time learning how to convert them from .package files. I am totally confused now. Why is is CC attaches to sims in the exchange? In fact, I recently downloaded a custom world that had some cc and it showed up in my game. It was a church pipe organ, and it showed in my launcher AND in the world...
    I was just letting you know for those who don't have mods or a mod folder what I saw, I haven't started using mods yet and I don't know if I will. I did take a picture of the train and it looks like the one in EA's paris and working great. Which this is good for those who don't use mods.
    I love what you did and that's a nice car, and CC will load up with a world.
    Yes, the train is the one from Paris. It's in CAW along with the tunnels and the train bridge. I sunk the train bridge into the earth so that only the tracks show. The train that is in CAW doesn't do anything but the fog emitter makes a working train. That is what is downtown. You'll see there is a tiny lot on the tracks. It has the fog emitter which has the code "traininter". I love seeing the train, but it is hard to snap a pic of it when it goes through town.
    Here is a picture of the train station downtown, and the decor train set that is cc. screenshot_original.jpg
    Hi Karilyn How did you convert CC to package files ? thank you!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Awesome pics! :smile: good to see people are still making good worlds
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    SandraKB wrote: »
    Hi Karilyn How did you convert CC to package files ? thank you!
    most CC comes as a .package file and must be installed in the mods folder. I converted the .package files to .sim3packs so that they install in the launcher. These are supposed to be included with the world. I used a program I found at Mod the Sims, it is pretty simple to use (once you know how LOL) it's called Sim3pack file generator by sakura4.

I built a car lot and placed the vintage cars on the lot. The sims in town are buying them and using them, so there are lots of these old fashioned cars driving around town! Only thing is those little simmies get greedy and I have found several in their inventory! I don't know what I would do without my mods at this point, glad I have them!
    edited August 2015
    I have located some pretty serious errors in cobblestone. I forgot to put back a section of road and there are some lots overlapping the road so I have removed it from mediafire and am going in to make repairs and improvements to the world. I will let ya'll know when the fresh download is ready. Meanwhile, if you have the world please inform me of anything you find that may need fixing. (fixed)
    Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
    I just started a fresh sims 3 game and I am going into CAW to make a no cc version of my world. The only think you will need is Midnight Hollow (for the train tracks). My intent is to leave the cobblestone roads, blank lots and the railway stations. This way people can build their own town as they choose. Should I put in Rabbitholes or leave that to the builders? Then, after I do that I may remove the roads and have a roadless world with only the train stations (subways) to get the sims from A to B. Please give feedback on this. I'm already tired of looking at Sunset Valley...might have to build something different for all my victorian sims.
    testing now!
  • syg1523syg1523 Posts: 102 Member
    Ah Cool!! You have Victorian Sims too. I thought I was the only one!! LOL! I'd love to test out your Victorian world. I have a Victorian world that I created as well, but most of the lots on it were created by other creators, cause I'm not that great at building. I think I built 3 homes and one consignment shop, and that was it. It's not all that great looking though. I only created the world to write a Victorian story, and I just needed they layout for the purpose of the background story.

Can't wait to see this world of yours though.
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    This is so lovely! I love the train station :smiley:
    My CC free version seems to be working well. I am going to upload it to the exchange. It only requires Midnight Hollow for the decor train tracks used on the train stations.