Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you the builder Sims in River view Needs ? (The winners are)

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Your Art Gallery sounds very nice! @oiswise :) You have been enjoying spending a lot of time doing it, and the resulting build will be extra special! It is nice seeing a photo of some of the artwork in your build. It is very special that you have taken photos of other simmer's sims to place in your art gallery. Your fairy sim Gaea is very pretty! The lavender and purple colour scheme of her outfits looks very nice! Very nice photos that you have taken of her wearing the different types of clotheswear for the exchange link! The outdoors background to each of the photos looks so nice!
    Your Art Gallery will be a very nice and special build! :)
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    wow wonderful idea a cathedral wedding venue. its beautiful.

and also a wonderful fairy art gallery my riverview will look so so welcoming to all sims
    h2xmsbl]

• oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    @Teegers wow very grand wedding venue :) reced!

@SandraKB I would be most honored if you want to use any of the art in your future builds. I'm hoping some people will get some use out of some of stuff I have my simmie helpers working so hard to make :blush:B)

@rosemow Thank you! Aww and you went watched Gaea's slide show. Yeah I had a blast taking tons of pics was hard to narrow down which ones to use in the UIC program (to change the image from the one EA would use if you just upload it) You are such an amazingly kind and supportive friend. I love you sweetie!

@calmorezoo Thank you so much for inspiring me to do this build. This contest gave me the nudge I needed to get going on putting SN back in and getting art capturing their beauty as best I can. So if I do have to take out SN again I will at least have cool art work of the fairies who I adore so much.

Have a great week everyone. Hugs all around.
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    Thank you so much, @rosemow. You know, your lovely reviews have actually made me more mindful of the little details when I'm decorating or even when my sims are modeling clothing. :)

Eventually I want to go back and add a graveyard and a crypt to make it fit more with my memories of visiting the cathedrals when I was in England, but that might be a little while, there are a few other things on my build list (including building a room for 2 boys, hopefully). :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
    edited April 2015
    Hello All. Ive some concerns.
    Re those of you that have and use CC and or CAP.

Ive just had to do a major un/re instal of all my sims3 as some corrupted and hiddern cc got into my game and it infected a few if my very one creations.

This anoyed me as I'd up till sunday had aways keep my sims3 free and safe from any cc and had had no game crashing for over 2 years.
    all my play worlds had to be deleted and ive also had to clean out all my librarys.

So im advicing you to check your games Libraries and launcher as you to may be effect with out being aware.
    for me it seemed to be within accessories and tatoo's but i couldnt see the corupt files and this is what led me to have to delete and start a fresh.
    This happend even though i use Custard
    Post edited by calmorezoo on
    h2xmsbl]

I am sorry that you have had to an uninstall and reinstall of your sims 3, and that you had to delete your worlds and library creations @calmore.I hope that everything goes smoothly in your game now.
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry that you have had to an uninstall and reinstall of your sims 3, and that you had to delete your worlds and library creations @calmore.I hope that everything goes smoothly in your game now.

thanks Rose. I do hope no one else has been effect.

h2xmsbl]

oiswise wrote: »
    I also managed to get my fairy Gaea Fayette (who has been having a ball getting to play with the fairies shown as well as ones by illusie, SandraKB, and sharonxyz) up on the exchange. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8635838
    Gaea is wearing her formal :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Well over 100 paintings were made (if only all of them had come out as I had hoped there would have been less) and several hundred photos snapped in game.

I LOVE to recolor every little thing and its killing me to choose my battles on what I HAVE to recolor. I cringe looking at that photo because the photo frames are not recolored and the floor and wall are what came in the house, sigh.

I am sorry I haven't been checking in more often on here. I usually am more active on the thread when I am in a contest (though I go and rec but don't look at anyone's build until I am done with my own) Not all warm and cozy here with the new forums yet. But thrilled I figured out how to post a pic. I got it in my head that I wouldn't be able to but only took 3 tries before hitting preview showed the pic.

Your artwork is lovely! How do you recolor the frames? I've wanted to do that since I first got the game. Oh, duh, I just figured out that you're probably not using in-game photos or in-game created art work, so different frames. :)

Your fairy is lovely. I'd love to hear the backstory to her (and add her to one of my towns). If you wouldn't mind sharing, here's the link where I'm collecting sims and storylines. :)

I look forward to your upload - I can't wait to see all the artwork you've done. I'm amazed already! :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I redid the fire station.

Username: ciane
    Entry TypeNumber: 11
    Lot type: Fire Station
    Name of lot: Ye Ol' Fire Station
    Size of lot: 20x30
    lot value: 61,654
    DL link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8638769
    Spawners: None
    Short discriptive story about the lot: The old fire station meant tired fire fighters had to trudge up two flights of stairs to find their beds. They also took longer to respond to a fire if they were on the third floor hanging out or sleeping when a call came in. With everything on just two floors, that is no longer an issue. Even better, the chief no longer has everyone popping in his or her office because there is now an assistant who sits outside the chief's office. Also, privacy should be a lot better now with private showers and toilets (and of course, locking doors). And the best news is that the station actually sits on a 20x30 lot. All the city planners need to do is rezone a small unused lot currently set aside for a potential, but as yet unplanned residential home on Ely Road or Hidden Grove.
    Five pictures:

l0wd_original.jpg

l2wd_original.jpg

l0wu_original.jpg

l1wu_original.jpg

l1wd_original.jpg
    Ye Ol Fire Station is very nice! @ciane :) The makeover of the Fire station looks great! It is great that you have reduced it to two floors. The slanted roof covering over the fire station looks great! The brick texture of the exterior and interior walls suits the type of build. The windows look nice how you have placed them on the front of the build. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the build. It is great that you have beds there for the firefighters to have a sleep after doing their work. The recolouring of the beds and curtains looks nice. The red lockers looks great in the window alcove in the beds room. The lamps on the bedside tables between the beds are nice touches. Sims will have fun playing foosball, or doing star gazing using the telescope. Very nice sofa seats sitting area. They will enjoy resting there watching TV and chatting. The patterned floor rug on the floor is a nice touch there. The computer desk area is great. The hanging fire jackets are a nice touch on the wall there. Sims will like sitting there at the desk table using the computer, with sunlight coming in through the window behind them. Nice eating area. The grey tall chairs look nice there.
    The makeover is a very nice place for the firefighters to enjoy working at :)
    Thank you Rose. I hope you are enjoying the start of another great weekend.
    Ciane, Nice make over and ive just the spot to place a fire station.

h2xmsbl]

I was surprised how many of friends felt the same way I did about stairs! :smiley:

Okay, here's another one for you. This one is a make over of the swimming hole.

Username: ciane
    Entry TypeNumber: 5
    Lot type: swimming pool
    Name of lot: Sim Swim Center
    Size of lot: 24x24
    lot value: 39,917
    DL link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8639064
    Spawners: None
    Short descriptive story about the lot: The old Swim Club was a square brick building with two bathrooms in the very back and a couple cheap showers. There were no water slides or anything to do but swim. It didn't even have a hot tub. Tsk! Tsk! The building now boasts diagonal walls and a cathedral ceiling along with lots of water and bubble fun. OOOh, bubbles! Each centrally located bathroom includes two high quality showers - one for each gender. ; }
    Five pictures:
    roof_up_original.jpg

l0wd_original.jpg

l0wu_original.jpg

l1wd_original.jpg

l1wu_original.jpg
    Sim Swim Center will be a very nice place for sims to enjoy visiting for swimming and to do other water activities there @ciane. :) The makeover of it has greatly improved it ! The statues out the front of the building look nice for sims to see when coming to the pool. It looks nice that you have placed the fish tank window in the build. The life ring is a nice touch on the exterior and interior walls. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! The blue tiling flooring is nice. Nice hot tub nook. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub. The towels are a nice touch on the wall beside the hot tub. The pattern on the base of the pool looks great. It is nice that that you have placed a water slide and a diving board for sims to have fun using to enter the pool. They will enjoy blowing bubbles on the bubbles machine! Nice loungers sitting areas. Sims will enjoy sitting resting poolside on the loungers, listening to music playing on the stereo. It is great that you have a water slippery slide for sims to have fun sliding on.
    It is a very nice pool venue :)
    Wow ciane, your on fire 2 lots posted in 24hrs
    love the cute little simming baths
    h2xmsbl]

@calmorezoo, I just saw your comment on the cathedral. Thank you! I had so much fun building it. :)
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Nice to see other peoples buildings! :) I have done my best to get everything done I want, but I'm running out of time. I got too exited about this challenge! It was so bad that I couldn't decide what to do and I started to build about ten buildings at the same time... I have two ready now in the need of testing and photographing. The real problem isn't the lack of time, I can finish them after the challenge for my own fun, but I realized I'm missing stuff in game. Earlier I had a problem with random Store items showing up in game that I had never purchased, now I have base game items missing, including every dishwasher and oven! :D Why has this always have to be so difficult...
    @Silvakristiina, it sounds like you're building a community lot - dishwashers and ovens won't show up there. If you switch it to a residential lot, you should find everything you're missing in your build catalog. Then, switch it back to community once you're done if you need to. :)
    @Teegers, that came up to my mind just after posting this ;) I just don't know why they wouldn't be there, I need them! :D But it's good to know that everythings fine with the game, although it means that this can't be fixed :D
    @Silvakristiina, if you want to try a trick, go to edit town, click on the lot you're working on, click on type and you should be able to change the setting to be residential. Then add the stove, dishwasher, etc. Then, when you've added the things you need, go switch the lot type back and the items will still be there. :)
    @ciane, I love your rebuilds! So many of the game buildings drive me bug me, and it looks like I'm not the only one. I love what you're doing with the lots. :)
    @Teegers, they will be there after changing back to community lot? Right, thanks, I'll try that ;)
    I redid the watering hole and then realized it didn't have a bathroom! Wow! Now I'll just go adjust that.
    @ciane, what can I say? I read twice you post to realize my sports bar doesn't have a bathroom either :/ Now where can I fit it...
    In there with both of you Ive done that a few times Ops
    h2xmsbl]