Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monte Vista Gardening problems

I recently got Monte Vista and moved a family there. Since then my sims have had problems getting the gardening opportunities. They get "Uncommonly Good" without any problems, but when they get "Outstandingly Rare" or "Omniplant" opportunities, they go away immediately saying that a target is no longer available. I did a search and found that if the target restaurant is also combined with something else (ie. multipurpose), then the opportunity won't work. They said to use the restaurants from the library to replace the "multipurpose" restaurants.

So I did that. (The library doesn't have the restaurants in there already, so I went to a Sunset Valley neighborhood and copied them to the library. Since I was also deleting the bookstore and the grocery store when I was deleting the "multipurpose" restaurant, I also copied those from Sunset Valley.)

However, the opportunities are still coming up and immediately going away saying that they're missing the target, which was supposed to be fixed by putting the Bistro and Hogan's restaurant in the place of the "multi-purpose" restaurant.

Unfortunately, I can't find those posts again. And I've looked on the other usual websites (such as moreawesomethanyou, Carl's and the like) and not found any further information. I'm hoping that someone here can help.

Comments

• Options
    AllysaNellieAllysaNellie Posts: 58 Member
    If you can, try moving/placing your Sim/family in Sunset Valley and doing the Gardening Opportunities (and any other that pop up) there, then taking them back to Monte Vista. Kind of a long process, but it's worth the trouble.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I ended up moving them back to Sunset Valley, but I think I'll just keep them there since I usually want them doing the gardening opportunities each generation. While I liked Monte Vista, moving them back and forth would be a real pain to do that often. And I really do like Sunset Valley.
  • Options
    AllysaNellieAllysaNellie Posts: 58 Member
    If I remember correctly, if you have the proper update you can have a vacation house in Monte Vista.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    To do what @AllysaNellie suggests, you would need to have NRaas Traveler installed as this allows you to travel to any installed world in a similar manner to how WA works. If you are patched up to 1.67, then you no longer need to have WA for the travel mechanism to be available.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I have Traveller. (Since I couldn't use the incremental updates for WA, I had to use mods just to play the game after I had to use the big update.) I'll have to look into that!